Quote Originally Posted by vampinoy:856359
This is nothing new, I realized this around 7 months ago when DL was released...there were early signs...they were cannibalizing their own market base from DL now AL. Saturation of people keep getting thinner the more games they release. I'm just baffled why they keep releasing new games to compete with their existing ones when MMOs out there today are trying to create mega-servers where everyone's in one server playing one game. You think they'll stop in AL?...

If their own game (AL) can have an effect on PL (or any other STS MMO) like this, what about other complete and more established MMO game/developers should they decide to port to mobile? It's obvious that the reason why people are leaving PL for AL is because they found AL to be "better"...in that case, these established MMO game/developers will completely destroy any STS MMO because they have the fan base, track record, etc. I heard WoW will port to mobile next year or the next, if and when that happens, STS games will become a forgotten thing, there's no way they can compete with a Blizzard MMO with 10million strong subscribers (Blizzard plans to link their mobile WoW to the PC WoW, so they're planning to bring in their millions of customers to mobile, the real "caesar" of MMO will attempt to take the throne away from STS, and I don't think they will put up much of a fight really). Once Blizzard gets into the mobile market, expect their rivals to hop in too, Arenanet, Bioware, Funcom, etc...I don't think STS games has what it takes to bang with these guys being a PC MMO player myself. Just no way. STS is enjoying the luxury of being "alone" in this mobile industry. Those days are soon to end. If their own game (AL), a far from being a complete MMO, can cause cause this much negative impact on their own games, imagine what a complete and true MMO can do. GG STS. Matter of time, I think they're just trying to make the most out of it at this point.
I see all your points.
And ye i never played wow but if it went mobile id probably dabble in it, since its a big name and succes an graphics, but idk PL is my first mmo i really played an spent money an cared about , but my mmo playin fun is comin to a end anyways, i been losin intrest, idk if its the game or im not likin playin games for hours an hours anymore an missin my life idk, ive been playin AL alot not much AT ALL goin on like 2weeks lol