Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 1.7 Content Update (55818)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

For the big luck impact on economy, I farmed cata yesterday 4 hours with full group of big luck seen 2 pink drop, neither of them is Coz of big luck proc. Today I farmed cata for 3 hours with full group of big luck without seen 1 pink drop. From my countless cata run experience, it didn't raise the drop rate at all. Maybe it will help in the long term, but economy won't get any impact lately. U can see there's still less than 5 gemstone sword in cs and 1 for gemstone wand.
    Jirouniu lvl61 wierd Bear
    Jirouniuniu lvl61 Dex Bird
    Jiroununu lvl61 dex/int mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jiroununu View Post
    It's a free speaking world. U can make any opinions u want. But the decision is made by devs. Looks like they love to stick as the bonus remain permanent. Justg made it quite clear buy now or regret after monday.
    For the unfairness of the future player missing out this oportunity, what I see is theres always something on special in the supermarket, but it won't stay on special price forever. And there will be something else on special later. Maybe look at that way? U just can't make everyone happy.
    G basically said it's up to us to take the risk -- they won't tell us whether or not it's permanent until after Monday.

As for your specials at the supermarket, we're not simply talking about sales here. Sales are everywhere, and yes, part of this game too (you usually save money if you buy maps after they've been out for a while and are part of a package). But we're talking about an item being available now and not being available later. And an item that gives a bonus that is unique to this item. So your analogy doesn't work. Unless this is the direction PL is headed in (offering one-time only items with unique benefits), the bonus should either be temporary or available on other items in the future as well.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

So the peppermint hammer and heart wand should be temporary also? They both definitely give an advantage to those around when they were available.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Especially since they are so good in PvP. Every event seems to be giving another limitted item that is even better then the last one in PvP.

Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    So the peppermint hammer and heart wand should be temporary also? They both definitely give an advantage to those around when they were available.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcyde View Post
    Especially since they are so good in PvP. Every event seems to be giving another limitted item that is even better then the last one in PvP.
    Yep - That's the addiction with PvP twink weapons and how users will always pay up more Platinum/USD for them. Very smart marketing strategy. They are now extending it beyond PvP twink borders with this new luck hat. Which is why I was so against it, lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    I dunno, I don't pvp so I paid no attention to those items. I have no idea how they compare to other items of the level, and I wouldn't give input since I know nothing about it and it makes no difference to me.

But if others have a problem with that, maybe they should speak up. Or maybe because no one DID speak up, the devs figure it's ok to have limited time plat items that offer advantages over others. I was under the impression that STS was against selling items with plat that are better than lootable items. Maybe that's changed, and the community was quiet about it, so it's the new norm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AzaToth View Post
    I've pondered through this thread and have come to the conclusion that what is needed is a way to give players incentive not to wear the item.
    A way to achieve this is to after this week add some sort of negative attribute to the item that will to some extent weight up to the gain of luck. For the luck item in particular I've compiled a list of three different attributes that could make sense:
    • When wearing the item you are moving slower, this due to you have to drag that big bag of expensive items you've collected.
    • When wearing the item you will loose money over time, as it can bee seen in the animation that you drop coins all the time
    • When you wear the item you will make less damage as you are trusting your luck to too much and forgot to train

This sounds like a good compromise to me. Though I would make it something simpler like -5 armor or -5 damage. Of course then everyone would keep it off until the boss is about to die.

Another option is to limit the amount of Procs that the hat gives. Something along the lines of 200 procs and then it is deactivated. That way, it is only used when you really want to improve your chances.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What we need is more cowbell.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post
    Lil' Luck does not give a drop bonus, it's just a vanity item.

The ability for Big Luck to grant Lil' Luck will go away in a few days. Big Luck will always give the player a drop bonus while equipped.

-ALS
    This is awesome... 15plat well spent :-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TANKKAAR View Post
    This is awesome... 15plat well spent :-)
    Don't get your hopes up lol, there is talk of the big luck being temporary
    Lol (Star Legends) - Noneo (Pocket Legends)
    Star Legends - Engineer's Survival Guide!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ChadM View Post
    What we need is more cowbell.
    Damn straight!
    Kindread - Lvl 56 Pink-Magnet ("Pink Taco!")
    Grendel - Level 25 Operative, Vicar - Noob Engineer, Emissary - Noob Commando

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So I paid 15 plat and no big luck just yet... I can't see a reason to make this temporary. Don't nix it Monday at least - nothing's changed as of yet in the economy. I've spet over 4 hours on meatheads deli and nothing special dropped yet (one gem). I had better luck in the past spending $3k on a luck elixer...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Djinn80 View Post
    So I paid 15 plat and no big luck just yet... I can't see a reason to make this temporary. Don't nix it Monday at least - nothing's changed as of yet in the economy. I've spet over 4 hours on meatheads deli and nothing special dropped yet (one gem). I had better luck in the past spending $3k on a luck elixer...
    of course -_- youre spending money. This hat is basically free after paying once.
    http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/8743/cerealsigpicfinal.png
    Signature Credits: Rebel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I wish there was a way to actually understand how the loot roll works. Or is there?
    Luchta LvL 65 Archer • Phone: HTC Nexus One w/ Stock Gingerbread
    Pinoy Pocket Legends

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AzaToth View Post
    I've pondered through this thread and have come to the conclusion that what is needed is a way to give players incentive not to wear the item.
    A way to achieve this is to after this week add some sort of negative attribute to the item that will to some extent weight up to the gain of luck. For the luck item in particular I've compiled a list of three different attributes that could make sense:
    • When wearing the item you are moving slower, this due to you have to drag that big bag of expensive items you've collected.
    • When wearing the item you will loose money over time, as it can bee seen in the animation that you drop coins all the time
    • When you wear the item you will make less damage as you are trusting your luck to too much and forgot to train

Also unless it's already possible, the item should be tradeable and giftable (not sure it's a word).
    I'm sorry, but I totally disagree with your opinion. This would be a bad marketing strategy for the devs. I, and most likely many other players would demand a refund if they implemented this.

This would be a dupe purchase, since many players were under the impression when they bought it, then it no longer gives the effects that they bought it for.

Quote Originally Posted by Luchta View Post
    I wish there was a way to actually understand how the loot roll works. Or is there?
    I understand it, it's just complicated to explain.

The Big-Luck hat works exactly the same as the cheap Luck Elixir in the platinum shop. Then Little-Luck shouldn't give luck, but it does. So my only theory on it is that it will have the same effects as Big-Luck until the event ends, then Big-Luck will still keep its effect.
    Last edited by Pharcyde; 03-19-2011 at 08:37 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My feelings are that BS needs to give more xp and gold. Pink drops are infrequent even with the luck item. Lvl 56 grind is not enough to do runs for hours at a time. Those who are 56 already will agree of all the hours doing runs and spending for pots for what? Now they are bored and doing runs to get those elite items which are not much better than the cheap stuff. I am not complaining just telling it like it is. I am 60 yrs old and have played games since mid 80's. Just about any computer mmorpg I played it at one time or another. Maintaining balance and interest is the hardest thing in a game. Dev's this is your task maintain balance while keeping players interest. New lvls are not the answer but will help in the future. Games are supposed to be fun. If your grinding all the time thats like work and no fun.

Btw- I enjoyed questing for the mystery items. That was fun.
    Last edited by davidis57; 03-19-2011 at 11:47 PM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

BS is the deflation dungeon.

1.) Reduces total amount of gold in game, which is getting too high.
    2.) Without the low drop rates, the market would be flooded and dead cheap. Items are already flooded now, weapons on cs list is really long. The only reason the price is high is because people are keeping them high hoping they sell.

I do agree with you about exp, exp grinding is as it sounds, work. All games have tedious branches of boring and long grinders, but I thought this was a casual MMO. I like the elite idea, I just don't find it fun, nor do a lot of players.

Note: Item prices aren't too high. you can get 1,000,000 gold for the Gemstone Wand in 12 hours of PP farming, or 4-6 hours of hardcore croc boss farming. Then you can do it the old school way, farm for the items yourself.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I really dont care about the drops. It is nice to get one once in awhile. The xp is my only real concern. Keeping it fun is. I agree if I need gold running PP or crush is the way to go.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I don't think the elite level 56 was meant to be attained by so many people. Basically it's just something to look forward to while you were farming or whatnot after hitting the cap. With ao3, once you hit the cap you were just farming for drops and it got pointless. They put this level in so at least there would be something to work Towards while farming. People are looking at it as if you have to get there and it's unfair that it takes so much grinding and work. Imagine if you hit 55 and that elite level wasn't there. It'd be ao3 all over again waiting for the next campaign. Your perspective is all wrong.
    Kindread - Lvl 56 Pink-Magnet ("Pink Taco!")
    Grendel - Level 25 Operative, Vicar - Noob Engineer, Emissary - Noob Commando

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Maybe they should let people gain xp in Shadow caves. Its fun playing there -> a challenge. Needs a good team. Also they could come up with some elite quests like nightmare for shadows (please not 1000 tho ) Questing is the most fun part of rpg its kinda lost in the sewers because of all the pink craze thats going on and even I felt a refreshing change in doing the AO quests. Just my opinion