PDA

View Full Version : Unfair loot randomization

smoae
10-13-2010, 10:59 PM
I really hate it when you are fighting a boss and there is either a low level or a dead person who aren't helping at all, then u kill the boss by yourself (or with someone else who is helping) and you get a green and the dead person/ low level get a rare pink. Suggestion is to lower the rare drop rates for people who are dead and for people who aren't at least 5 below the minimum level for that campaign (for example in ao3 if you were 39 or below you would have decreased rare dropping rate)
Another idea would be to increase the rare drop rate depending on how much damage
you do to the boss. Tell me which one you guys like better.

Ellyidol
10-13-2010, 11:02 PM
I'd agree with the level difference. 40 max for Ao2, 45 max for Ao3, etc.

But if the person gets it while dead, I don't think there is really a way around it because it could be you.

smoae
10-13-2010, 11:09 PM
I'd agree with the level difference. 40 max for Ao2, 45 max for Ao3, etc.

But if the person gets it while dead, I don't think there is really a way around it because it could be you.

Well It'd be a lot more fair. I'm a warrior so I die most often so I'm obviously not in this to decrease other peoples chances of getting items.
I just think its not fair for people who don't do anything during the whole level get the best items.
If I'm the person who's dead then so be it, at least it's more fair

Ellyidol
10-13-2010, 11:11 PM
Meh it could go either way. What if they were helping, and they just happened to die right before boss died? It could also be they weren't helping and they died before boss died. I'd suggest booting a useless team mate, hopefully not the host but he should know better.

smoae
10-13-2010, 11:30 PM
Meh it could go either way. What if they were helping, and they just happened to die right before boss died? It could also be they weren't helping and they died before boss died. I'd suggest booting a useless team mate, hopefully not the host but he should know better.
Yeah that could be a problem but as long as if they are in the level range or above and there is at least one enchantress it shouldn't happen to often. Even if it does I think it would still have a better effect overall.

Azrael
10-14-2010, 12:08 AM
Cant happen. Devs cant sell a campaign to a player and then not let them play it cause they are too low level. And no, "then dony sell it to them till they meet the level req" will not fly withbthe devs. Boot them or deal with it.

Arjun
10-14-2010, 12:23 AM
Low lvl or high lvl. Everybody is gonna be at the cap sooner or later. Anyways this isn’t about lvl’s this is about loot. Me fav. Subject.

Different scenarios call for different etiquette I guess. To say which - If am playing a warrior and lag or get mixed up enough to get taken out early in - and I can see that the other people are doing a good job on the boss. Re-spawn is too far out. I simply put in chat the fact that I’m lying around to catch good loot for whoever is last man standing. Or class I get.

So far I have not had to give up any of those ill-gained drops as yet cause most I caught when am down are purples. And nobody seem’s to want to fight for those. But it’s better to state up-front - catching for you guys now.

However - As a mage it’s just terrible to watch. You buff, you heal, you go beyond the front line to rez a downed team-mate and bam. You’r halfway from re-spawn at entrance to where the boss just died. 3 pinks a purple and nothing for you!!!

However, I knows that am gonna wake up one fine morning - lon-in - and find that when magey die he re-spawns at a newfangled checkpoint close enough to run in for that final strike. Mebbe catch a purp. perhaps even a pink. Well-deserved at that.

smoae
10-14-2010, 12:41 AM
Cant happen. Devs cant sell a campaign to a player and then not let them play it cause they are too low level. And no, "then dony sell it to them till they meet the level req" will not fly withbthe devs. Boot them or deal with it.
That's not what the suggestion was at all...

smoae
10-14-2010, 12:42 AM
You have a point. Maybe a better idea would be increases rare item drops depending on how much damage you do to the boss

Ellyidol
10-14-2010, 12:43 AM
You have a point. Maybe a better idea would be increases rare item drops depending on how much damage you do to the boss

Then everyone would be making damage-dealers instead of tanking/supporting. Ruining balance by a lot.

smoae
10-14-2010, 12:45 AM
Flaw with every idea...
*sigh*
lol

Ellyidol
10-14-2010, 12:45 AM
Yeah, there are ups and downs for everything. I think this loot randomization is the best for the common good.

CanonicalKoi
10-14-2010, 01:04 AM
However - As a mage it’s just terrible to watch. You buff, you heal, you go beyond the front line to rez a downed team-mate and bam. You’r halfway from re-spawn at entrance to where the boss just died. 3 pinks a purple and nothing for you!!!

Arjun, may I hug you for pointing that out? Or the rooms where mages under lvl 50 with less than optimal gear die immediately so you're left hanging around the door, run in, rezz, die, respawn, run back, repeat as needed? And the checkpoints aren't a given, though they'd be really, really nice! To be honest, if I get gear I can't use, I give it to somebody in the party: pink, purple or whatever. I do the same with my tank-bear.

Everybody's part of the team (unless it's an obvious leech and they should be booted)--maybe it's the mage who pumped you full of heals and rezzed you a couple dozen times. Maybe it's a team-mate that made a timely charge into a mob and saved your bacon earlier in the game or the avian that blasted a clear path for you. One of them gets the pink prize, but everybody contributes--everybody deserves a share and a chance for a lucky roll.