PDA

View Full Version : Scammers Again...

KingMartin
05-30-2013, 06:31 PM
I have my 10-years old twins in the game and almost every day they tell me that again they have been offered changing mythics into arcanes (interesting, never legendary or epic), gold into multiple gold (interesting, you need to submit to the scammer minimum 50k) etc...

I told my boys to connect me to one of these and I asked him if he is such a wizard if he could upgrade my deary egg into hammerjaw... no he could not, but he could do it with Malison, he said, it works only with high-lev eggs :)

One can smile, but kids are kids and I better took mystic bow from my boy because although I told him 10000 times never ever to give it out of his hand, I feel that the scammers use various ways of psychological pressure, particularly on kids.

I do not know in what flavors the scammers come, but these say they are admins of the game and they can do everything (admins from Czech republic???).

I am trying to tell my kids that fun in the game is in playing and making real (although mostly virtual) friends, and not in struggling to have something immediately and in an easy way.

I already managed to explain that all the "hacks" is a nonsense, because should such a hack exist, it would a) ruin all the economy of the game and b) I do not think such a hacker would give it away for couple of golds or eggs.

Have you ever encountered such attempts to rob you of your inventory and gold?

stackz
05-30-2013, 06:42 PM
Only red names are devs and they won't do that. Tell that to ur kids.

Oh and get them to take a screenshot so u can post it here so the devs can nuke them for scamming. Its not taken kindly...

Yuvens
05-30-2013, 08:56 PM
I never get into those kind of scam. But i encountered a scammer, that are offering to buy locked crate for high price, around 100k - 120k each.

When I talk to him, he insist me to give him the locked crate first, then he will trans me the gold. I insist on making trade, and eventually he go away.

This kind of players, scammers, along with another bad attitude players such as bully, and beggars, should be given a warning. And if they keep behaving like that, the dev, should really just terminate their account.

I have the screen shot of my conversation too, do you guys know where I can post that?

Bless
05-30-2013, 09:10 PM
10 year olds? Game is for over 13 year olds, TOS says ya gotta be 13 or over :) Just supervise em I think they can play then.

DocDoBig
05-31-2013, 03:21 AM
I literally want you as Mom/Dad/Big Brother.

KingMartin
05-31-2013, 05:29 AM
I literally want you as Mom/Dad/Big Brother.

I hope it is not an irony, I am not controlling every step of my kids, I am not a Big Brother (in terms of Orvel's 1984). But I want that kids (sorry, did not know the game is 13 and above :) ) have fun and not frustrations here.

Thank you very much for the hint about devs having red names, I did not know that, and never met such a red character in the game )))

As soon as the scammer approaches again, I will (screen-)shoot him :) . I know his/her IGN but I will wait for one more time.

I am very glad that STS is strongly against such praxis and helps us honest players to get rid of such human trash.

Thanks a lot for reactions

Alhuntrazeck
05-31-2013, 05:44 AM
I think he wanted you as a mom/dad/bro cuz you bought ur kids mythics :o
Moderators in the forums come as green names in-game and devs red names.

DocDoBig
05-31-2013, 06:35 AM
I hope it is not an irony, I am not controlling every step of my kids, I am not a Big Brother (in terms of Orvel's 1984). But I want that kids (sorry, did not know the game is 13 and above :) ) have fun and not frustrations here.

Thank you very much for the hint about devs having red names, I did not know that, and never met such a red character in the game )))

As soon as the scammer approaches again, I will (screen-)shoot him :) . I know his/her IGN but I will wait for one more time.

I am very glad that STS is strongly against such praxis and helps us honest players to get rid of such human trash.

Thanks a lot for reactions

Don't worry, your kids are still allowed to play AL as long as they have a permission from you and you supervise them during play-time.
Regarding my previous post, i meant it would be child-dream of me, and probably of others as well, having such a caregiver who still plays video games like you are.

Although, do i want to warn you to not post pics of the Scammers name or activity, especially here on forums. Just discuss it with the Spacetime support or PM a Dev here on Forums. Good Luck! :)

KingMartin
05-31-2013, 07:40 AM
I think he wanted you as a mom/dad/bro cuz you bought ur kids mythics :o
Moderators in the forums come as green names in-game and devs red names.

He he, the truth is much worse :))

I opened I guess 100 crates to no avail, just radiant trash.

And I bought small pack of platinum on account of my kid, he opens the first one and guess what? Yep, mystic bow ))

But he is good enough to lend it to me from time to time :)

Rare
05-31-2013, 08:08 AM
He he, the truth is much worse :))

I opened I guess 100 crates to no avail, just radiant trash.

And I bought small pack of platinum on account of my kid, he opens the first one and guess what? Yep, mystic bow ))

But he is good enough to lend it to me from time to time :)

Man. I can't wait until my kids or old enough to kick my butt in video games. BTW KingMartin... i feel like people with multiples are kind of a brother/sisterhood. I have 2 sets of twins. 3 yo and 1 yo.

Edit: I haven't run accross any really intricate scams. maybe because I'm a little synical and will usually shut them down before they even start. Usually, experience with scammers goes like this:

Me: "Selling mythic sword/shield"
Them: "can I see in trade window"
Me: I show them.
Them: They click confirm.
Me: "LOL"

Swede
05-31-2013, 03:37 PM
Yeah send a screenshot, or the character name and what date/approximate time they were offering the scam, and we'll weed them out best we can.

support@spacetimestudios.com