PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Texas! :D

KingFu
10-14-2010, 12:17 AM
Well, Houston feels pretty similar to LA (where my sister used to live), but very different...

I landed today this afternoon and so far I am gonna be busy lol, so sorry if I don't get on.

Today, I basically just met up and had dinner with my parents, my soon to be in laws:), sister, and of course, my soon to be brother;) Tomorrow, I get to pick up my tux, help my sister and her fiance put the finishing touches on the remodeling on the house, and a ton of errands to prepare for the wedding, IKR? Lucky me!;)

I would be on PL every night, but the Embassy charges about 10 bucks for wi fi, for 24 hours, per device (laptop and iPad:\)

Anyways, it's pretty fun, and tiring, but I am gonna play PL for a bit, and then hop off to bed, since I have to get up early and it's about 1 AM my time on top of jet-lag....

So yeah, I am having fun, can't wait to hop back on PL, but also want to cherish the time I have here :)

So, anything I missed, I got on a little today, (THANKS SO MUCH HAIKUS ;)) but didn't see much. What's new with y'all? (Yes, I did indeed say "y'all" they are rubbing off on me!!!)

LIGHTNINGLORD67
10-14-2010, 12:29 AM
Nice! Can you take some pics and show us all? :)

KingFu
10-14-2010, 12:55 AM
1) Dont have my camera

2) Stalker!! Jk jk;)

3) Theres really nothing to take pictures of, the coolest pictures I could get while I'm here wouldn't be half as good as googling "Houston Texas' lol

cry
10-14-2010, 12:07 PM
Yes I would also like to see a pic of a good ol' fashion linching too.

LIGHTNINGLORD67
10-15-2010, 12:21 AM
1) Dont have my camera

2) Stalker!! Jk jk;)

3) Theres really nothing to take pictures of, the coolest pictures I could get while I'm here wouldn't be half as good as googling "Houston Texas' lol

1.) oo...

2.) lol?..

3.) Actually, it is kinda different...but w.e

Xcelerator
10-15-2010, 01:37 PM
I'm farther up north in fort worth. Texas ftw

BeardedBear
10-15-2010, 01:52 PM
When I went there, I thought it was awesome they had drive through Chinese food places. Also, this place Diablo's or something has the most ridiculous burritos and margaritas!

Arterra
10-15-2010, 02:39 PM
RAID SPACETIME HQ and make 'em design a even more epic PUMPKING HAELM (lol)

KingFu
10-18-2010, 12:58 AM
1.) oo...

2.) lol?..

3.) Actually, it is kinda different...but w.e

It is pretty simulate until you get up to the neighborhoods. Then you see more woodlands but I was at the Galleria, which is where all the nice hotels and businesses are, and it's near the 610 which has a lot of traffic, so it's similar to environment I've been in, but it isn't like farms everywhere, and ranches, and saloons like you'd think. There are parts like that but it really is similar in the buisiness areas. As for out farther north, it starts to get more woodland, like where my in laws house is. They have a very, very nice house on a 13 acre lot (they built on 2 acres) and they have a wildlife preserve behind them so you can spot the occasional deer, and buzzards (vultures) are flying all over. So it really depends the environment you're in there. Like they have gas stations, and fast food, and all that normal stuff, but beyond that there are real Texas BBQ places and woodlands, and all that good stuff. We didn't get to travel much around, since we were setting up for the wedding and everything, but some of my family went to Johnson space center, they said that was cool (like when they see "Houston we have a problem. That's why, lol.

As for the wedding, it was cool. They had it in front of the house with a pond and a fountain going, then you walk back and in the back yard they had a tent, with a dance floor, a DJ, a bartender (which people abused;)) and a lot of other cool stuff. So it was great!

Sorry for the long, late reply, I haven't been on in 2 days lol.

Edit:

Ya, bearded. While I was there, I noticed, they had a drive through daiquiri place haha, they have some weird stuff. Like motorcycles with guns on the back of their seats, lol, well, crazy for me since I'm in Cali with a ton of gun laws.

Arterra, I wanted to see Spacetime HQ, but Austin is a ways out there and I had little time on my hands to even sleep lol.

TwinkTastical
10-18-2010, 01:44 AM
Cali has the strictest weapon laws ever.. no 3 and a forth inch + knife blades... are you serious?

KingFu
10-18-2010, 02:07 AM
Ya, I know, few weapons are legal here, no butterfly knives, brass knuckles, etc.

KingFu
10-18-2010, 01:50 PM
Not even full auto guns are legal here to my knowledge, well very few if any. So no machine guns, and its just crazy gun laws.

Arterra
10-18-2010, 02:32 PM
No machine guns? But that's what I use to make breakfast. :(

you cam just use a grenade to start the fire, no problem. watch out for splinters, mind you. choking on them is harsh...

KingFu
10-18-2010, 02:45 PM
you cam just use a grenade to start the fire, no problem. watch out for splinters, mind you. choking on them is harsh...

No grenades aloud lol

Arterra
10-18-2010, 02:46 PM
gosh darn it. guess i'll have to go back to the old barrel of gunpowder. cmon, that too?

KingFu
10-18-2010, 02:52 PM
Hmm, I'd have to check, some gun powder is illegal to purchase I believe.

Arterra
10-18-2010, 02:54 PM
if illegal, then STRAIGHT UP NITROGLYCERIN YO! splash a little on some tinder, smash it with a rock, quickly place in on wood and get ready to cook some sausage/bacon/fingers. yum.