PDA

View Full Version : Double platinum

lilweezy
05-31-2013, 11:26 AM
Do they still give you double your platinum for first time buyers?

Iphoneington
05-31-2013, 11:27 AM
If I'm not mistaken, I believe they still do.

Samhayne
05-31-2013, 12:12 PM
It isn't double platinum, it is 50% more. Yes, it is available, but only to first time purchasers in Arcane Legends for users on the iOS or Android client.

razerfingers
05-31-2013, 12:23 PM
It isn't double platinum, it is 50% more. Yes, it is available, but only to first time purchasers in Arcane Legends for users on the iOS or Android client.

Is this only able to be on the AL client? It may draw people to the other games aswell. But im not sure just a thought for the people iffy about buying plat.

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall.

Samhayne
05-31-2013, 12:27 PM
Yes, the first time buyer discount is only available to first time buyers in Arcane Legends. The functionality doesn't exist currently in the other Legends titles.

marshmallow
05-31-2013, 12:27 PM
Is this the Special Platinum Offer? I'm really confused how it works. Sometimes, it shows the special offer, sometimes doesn't.

Samhayne
05-31-2013, 12:28 PM
Marshmallow, if you mean the offer that sometimes pops up when you log in to character select, no, that is a Free Platinum offer. The first time buyer discount shows up for users who have never purchased Platinum in Arcane Legends when they view the purchase Platinum screen.

lilweezy
05-31-2013, 01:45 PM
i just tried to purchase and its giving me an error.

"We were unable to verify your account information. Please visit wallet.google.com/manage in order to resolve this issue. [BM-PP-20]

i went to the wallet site and verified that my info is correct already.

restarted my phone and google play on my android device and still getting the same error.

marshmallow
05-31-2013, 01:48 PM
Marshmallow, if you mean the offer that sometimes pops up when you log in to character select, no, that is a Free Platinum offer. The first time buyer discount shows up for users who have never purchased Platinum in Arcane Legends when they view the purchase Platinum screen.
I'm afraid that's not what I meant, Sam. I was on this other tablet, logged in my account and I was surprised to see platinum got raised like 10 plats -> 15 plats for $1.99 along with other plans. The header says Special Platinum Offers.

However on the other device, with same account, it only displays the normal Platinum Offers. Does it also depends on the device?

DocDoBig
05-31-2013, 01:56 PM
I'm afraid that's not what I meant, Sam. I was on this other tablet, logged in my account and I was surprised to see platinum got raised like 50 plats -> 75 plats for $0.99 along with other plans. The header says Special Platinum Offers.

However on the other device, with same account, it only displays the normal Platinum Offers. Does it also depends on the device?

Yes this should be the first time purchase (seems like they updated the count when viewing).
Well, see: 75 is 50% more than 50.
I could be wrong though, does it say 2550 instead of 1700?

lilweezy
05-31-2013, 02:02 PM
i just tried to purchase and its giving me an error.

"We were unable to verify your account information. Please visit wallet.google.com/manage in order to resolve this issue. [BM-PP-20]

i went to the wallet site and verified that my info is correct already.

restarted my phone and google play on my android device and still getting the same error.

ok nevermind it went through :)

marshmallow
05-31-2013, 02:03 PM
Yes this should be the first time purchase (seems like they updated the count when viewing).
Well, see: 75 is 50% more than 50.
I could be wrong though, does it say 2550 instead of 1700?

I am confused. I tried it just now. Logging from an Android device and Chrome. On Android, it shows the special platinum offers while on Chrome, just normal. Does it depends on devices maybe?
Here's a screenshot from my Android device using another toon I've made a couple of days ago. 31834

katish
05-31-2013, 02:15 PM
Marshmallow, that's the offer for your first plat purchase as you can see written on the upper left corner of the screen.

razerfingers
05-31-2013, 02:21 PM
I never had gotten it so thanks for the info sam! Guess i was too ancey to buy plat during closed beta ;)

DocDoBig
05-31-2013, 02:22 PM
I am confused. I tried it just now. Logging from an Android device and Chrome. On Android, it shows the special platinum offers while on Chrome, just normal. Does it depends on devices maybe?
Here's a screenshot from my Android device using another toon I've made a couple of days ago. 31834

Maybe it depends on different toons or devices, i don't know, can't enlighten you, sorry.
Maybe Sam can add something.

DocDoBig
05-31-2013, 02:23 PM
I never had gotten it so thanks for the info sam! Guess i was too ancey to buy plat during closed beta ;)

Instead of 1700 plat you get 2550 plat!

EDIT: Darn Double post

Asmodaie
05-31-2013, 03:53 PM
Sam already said the offer only appears on iOs (think iPad, iPhone) and android (think samsung phone etc.) devices.

It follows that the offer doesn't appear on a webbrowser on a PC.

marshmallow
05-31-2013, 06:36 PM
Sam already said the offer only appears on iOs (think iPad, iPhone) and android (think samsung phone etc.) devices.

It follows that the offer doesn't appear on a webbrowser on a PC.

Dang, I didn't noticed the info on the sidebar of the screenshot. My bad. Though the thing that really bothers me was the device issue. Thank you for enlightening me/us!