PDA

View Full Version : Pet Kelvin

Effervesce
06-01-2013, 08:17 PM
Just want to report on my new pet Kelvin. He wasn't dropping for me in Otgar, he's too pricey for me in CS so I went ahead and spent the 25 plat because I had grouped with one a while ago and he was a great stunner. I've found that even at low levels he has been able, with careful timing, to stun Alpha Wolf preventing the reflect shield. He stuns Grimnr preventing the AoE. Great solid stun - so far just one target, he's now 14. I look forward to seeing what he gains as he grows - he's a good one to have in you stable to make some of these boss battles more survivable, but it does take practice and timing to trigger his stun at just the right time. Glad I spent the plat.

Valsacar
06-01-2013, 08:26 PM
Slag and Clyde can do it as well, and I believe George.

vholt
06-02-2013, 12:37 AM
Does Kelvin stun work in PvP

Otawaazavie
06-02-2013, 12:17 PM
Slag and Clyde can do it as well, and I believe George.

That's true but the difference is that in comparison to Slag and Clyde, Kelvin's stun always work, lasts longer and his arcane ability has faster cooldown. In comparison to George's ability Kelvin's has faster cooldown.

Effervesce
06-03-2013, 11:35 AM
I have slag and Clyde too, yes they work but with good timing kelvin interrupts halts the wind up and leaves the boss boggled a second or two longer it seems. I have never had 31 Slag prevent the Alpha reflection but Kelvin does it right off at level 1. Also confirmed he works on Frstir. One Kelvin in the party is definitely nice, a couple would own the boss. Can't wait to see if he ever hits more than one target

Effervesce
06-03-2013, 11:36 AM
And sorry - havent tried it in PvP, will dip a toe in there and see if I can test him before they kill me. I'm have zero PvP skills

Valsacar
06-03-2013, 06:18 PM
I have slag and Clyde too, yes they work but with good timing kelvin interrupts halts the wind up and leaves the boss boggled a second or two longer it seems. I have never had 31 Slag prevent the Alpha reflection but Kelvin does it right off at level 1. Also confirmed he works on Frstir. One Kelvin in the party is definitely nice, a couple would own the boss. Can't wait to see if he ever hits more than one target

Slag does, I use him all the time for that. Difference is, slag and cylde do it do a group so theirs is a chance (something like 50%) to work where kelvin and george are 100% but on target only.

Effervesce
06-06-2013, 01:48 PM
Here's how much I suck at PvP - in 20 minutes of trying I got close enough before dying to fire off the pet ability 3 times, each time I was dead too fast to really see whether anyone appeared stunned. Lol. Obviously, I'm too incompetent at PvP to test there.