PDA

View Full Version : Hmmmm

PatsoeGamer
06-02-2013, 04:48 PM
I know I shouldn't let it get to me but....

I got booted - "SO WHAT GET OVER IT" I hear you say...

Well I thought it could make an interesting discussion

I'm not gonna name player or guild names

The reason was 'out'

I replied with '?'

They replied with 'you never replied'

Now, I did reply, and I said 'Nty' which was my response to an offer to join their guild mid run.

I know it's small, I know I should let it go... But please discuss it :)

I dont think its very nice I got booted from a game (where there's only 3 of us) with an unreasonable and untrue reason, which to me seems unfair just because I wouldn't join their guild. Is that blackmail? Maybe I should just let it go? Maybe it's reportable?

Would like to hear your comments, and share any stories you have too :)

Thanks everyone (no mentioning names etc please)

Cavoc
06-02-2013, 04:54 PM
so what get over it

Suentous PO
06-02-2013, 05:03 PM
Whatever is used for a reason to boot is irrelevant unless they use you to clear the map then boot at the boss, which is the only thing reportable.
*shrug* what's to discuss?

Sryyoulose
06-02-2013, 05:16 PM
Happens to me all the time, whatever they can grow their guild however they choose whateer. Not big on pve.

Roberto077
06-02-2013, 05:45 PM
Agreed, I hate when people boot you from a game with the reason of "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAG"

Iphoneington
06-02-2013, 05:54 PM
I've been booted sometimes only because they says it's "full." So be it though, I just join another game:)

Deathofan
06-02-2013, 06:05 PM
That's why you will never ever see me on someone's hosted game, bunch of kid'os saying "joins mai prah guilt <dn127smfbp579> or taste mai boot". I always host my own games, and never boot unless a close friend wants to join (almost never, they all quit) and I wait for it to be full before starting the map up.

kcimythgim
06-02-2013, 06:14 PM
Sometimes people boot when they're really serious about party dynamics. I know some people (myself included) that have been booted because of their class, like the host will only allow 1 bear and any others that try to join are booted. I am also frequently booted because of the items that I wear. The boot message is usually something along the lies of "what's up with your set?" which is stupid because anybody could obviously see that I'm not wearing a set.

water
06-02-2013, 09:32 PM
Be smart and host your own games. This way you get to dictate whoever and whenever :P

Oldcoot
06-02-2013, 09:36 PM
I like to run in the no host games, or "pugs" I think y'all call them.

Noi`ya
06-02-2013, 09:38 PM
I kick non-elves for 'females only pls'

OvigorothO
06-02-2013, 09:52 PM
Why someone has booted you really isn't worth questioning. Whether or not they had a good reason to or not they've got booting rights to use in whatever way they'd like :) even if it's to purposely scorn or displease another.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

jarikur
06-03-2013, 07:29 AM
I got booted from a game while playing a lower level alt in the sewers. All they said was "No", so I just joined another game. Annoying, but no big deal. Later I was on as my capped mage and that same person started pming me asking me to help them level. I just laughed and said no, they were unworthy of my help. :)

Jig
06-03-2013, 07:37 AM
I got booted once, I logged of.

OvigorothO
06-03-2013, 08:50 PM
I got booted from a game while playing a lower level alt in the sewers. All they said was "No", so I just joined another game. Annoying, but no big deal. Later I was on as my capped mage and that same person started pming me asking me to help them level. I just laughed and said no, they were unworthy of my help. :)

This reminds me of when pve was not level restricted ;) your have people leveling their new alts in crush the keeper. (With the help of buddies of course)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

MightyMicah
06-03-2013, 09:13 PM
I get booted all the time. That's partly why I stopped leveling alts. It's amazing how many times I can get booted in a 5 minute period. In fact, I'm pretty sure I got booted by the exact same guy who booted you.

My solution has always been that if I ever see the booter in pvp, I farm them.

Waug
06-03-2013, 09:17 PM
Nope, it does not make a good discussion, at all. Devs gave this power to the host, so he can easily host his own game, choose who can stay, and who can't.

Spyce
06-03-2013, 09:47 PM
Host your own games.

Jig
06-04-2013, 02:49 AM
I honestly don't get booted much so lucky me, you guys have horrible luck

dudetus
06-04-2013, 05:09 AM
Solution:

If u get booted by the host in like Mt Fang or something as u r with ur alt, switch to ur main char (who is a superydupery lvl 76 and has Black drag elite 3 piece ring and lvl 75[76] set) buy a 100% luck re-roll elixir and join the game again. U won't get booted. Then if they are farming a single map, suggest that u host the next game as the 100% re-roll elixir raises pink drop chance for the whole party if the owner of the elixir hosts the game (most fall for this). After reaching the boss and it's almost dying, boot the ex-host with a reason like "regards, *insertaltnamehere*".

Guaranteed rage inbound.

The Happiness
06-04-2013, 05:54 AM
Solution:

If u get booted by the host in like Mt Fang or something as u r with ur alt, switch to ur main char (who is a superydupery lvl 76 and has Black drag elite 3 piece ring and lvl 75[76] set) buy a 100% luck re-roll elixir and join the game again. U won't get booted. Then if they are farming a single map, suggest that u host the next game as the 100% re-roll elixir raises pink drop chance for the whole party if the owner of the elixir hosts the game (most fall for this). After reaching the boss and it's almost dying, boot the ex-host with a reason like "regards, *insertaltnamehere*".

Guaranteed rage inbound.

Lol Ninja! Remind me not to join your games when you are hosting!

And I don't like getting booted but it happens occasionally. I don't tend to forget who did it though and I am very patient ;p

Join my games guys....I have probably only booted 3 ppl (excluding The Sadness) in 2.5 years. I usually pm people and ask them to leave if they have taken someone's spot. The only thing I don't tolerate is rudeness or meanness to myself or other party members. I usually give a warning before I kick ppl too because sometimes that is enough for them to settle down. But generally I don't boot ppl and my games are open to anyone.

Caiahar
06-04-2013, 08:37 AM
One time I was lvling alt in diff mega maze game, got booted, joined I with caiahar, finished, I said I was gonna host next run, hosted, booted dat guy who booted me on my alt.
So yea, I did same as nunja.

Jig
06-04-2013, 08:41 AM
Lmao good thinking shadow! I would have felt so good if I did that haha good on ya xD

Caiahar
06-04-2013, 08:44 AM
P.S: I only boot spawners an rushers in pvp, amd in pve I do it when ppl are leeching, never hitting boss.
And boot ppl who do random things to boss (shadow caves, shadow anubis was almost dead, some behr beckon stomped, he flyed away, and his health went full. And in roach motel cockroach, they attack garbage when roach is almost dead.)

Jig
06-04-2013, 09:12 AM
o_O what narbs

Deathofan
06-04-2013, 11:25 AM
In shadow caves all bosses will follow you until you die except for "Dark Archer" and "Dark Witch".

Rot
06-04-2013, 11:52 AM
I join their guild, ask for power leveling and leave the guild after I got what I want :3
If you don't wish to get booted, disc. vanities help :)

Chopper
06-04-2013, 01:46 PM
hosting your own games is better. I try not to boot anyone unless they are clearing leeching off the other players or purposely shooting exploding barrels just to piss other people off (i hate that) ha ha