PDA

View Full Version : Hellscream, How to use it

Xcelerator
10-14-2010, 03:19 PM
Says it all in the title. I've been wondering how and when to effectively use Hellscream. Thanks for the tips for us noobs:)

Stratospaly
10-14-2010, 03:21 PM
Cluster all mobs around you and hit hellscream :P It is best if you have a mage do weakness first for the combo.

This is my most used skill by far.

Xcelerator
10-14-2010, 03:23 PM
Cluster all mobs around you and hit hellscream :P It is best if you have a mage do weakness first for the combo.

This is my most used skill by far.

Alright I understand when to use it now, but what exactly does it do? Thanks for the tip though

Stratospaly
10-14-2010, 03:28 PM
What it does is explained in the tooltip when you level it up. At its highest level it makes every enemy within 8m of you hit for -50 damage and -25 hit %.

Xcelerator
10-14-2010, 03:30 PM
What it does is explained in the tooltip when you level it up. At its highest level it makes every enemy within 8m of you hit for -50 damage and -25 hit %.

Oh wow! That is awesome. Never knew that! Definitely gonna use that from now on. Thanks

haroldiv
10-14-2010, 03:34 PM
There is a very simple trick that distinguishes good bears, mob control.

Most bears play as a meatshield or as dps. These players are either lazy or ignorant. You are THE TANK! Ur job is to control the course of the battle and you have been given all the skills to do so.

A true tank should play each battle in three phases. Buff, DMG, debuff.
As you rush into the fight use your buffs (armor, taunt and dodge), this keeps u alive in the first wave of skills bad guys throw at you but those buffs will not last the whole fight, only twelve seconds. Now you wait for archers and mages to use their real debuffs. Nightmare and break armor. Once you see them cast it's time to do som DMg. Hit rage and any DMg slashes. These skills are more than twice as effective if u wait to use them on rebuffed mobs. By now your self buffs have faded and u are starting to take a lot more DMg. Time to use ur debuffs. Hellscream and that one that looks like a finger. These are huge attack debuffs. Together they make your enemy weak as a baby for a short period. If ur mage is really smart she will wait to cast weakness (atk debuff) and u can cast Hellscream for the "terror" combo. By the time these attack debuffs have worn off your self buffs will be ready to use again. Now just rinse and repeat.

Ever notice how some groups kill a boss super fast and some eiher take forever or constantly wipe? It's all about skill timing. If you work together and all debuff at once you can kills bosses like the keeper in 1 minute. This hardly ever happened because most people suck.

Royce
10-14-2010, 04:30 PM

It also stuns and reduces armor, though neither is in the description. See this thread: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?9084-What-Bear-Debuffs-Actually-Do

CanonicalKoi
10-14-2010, 04:31 PM
What works nicely in halls full of mummies and whatnot: grab a corner and hit beckon. Pull the mob into you. Now hit Hellscream and Mage hits Weaken and you terroize a larger group. It also clears the hall so the avians and mages have room to bob and weave. My thanks to Pampineasy for showing me that--our group was clearing levels in AO2 really fast that way with little or no collateral damage amongst the more lightly armored.

Arterra
10-14-2010, 04:34 PM
Ever notice how some groups kill a boss super fast and some eiher take forever or constantly wipe? It's all about skill timing. If you work together and all debuff at once you can kills bosses like the keeper in 1 minute. This hardly ever happened because most people suck.

best example are those l33t overlord rushers. if you can take him down in less than a minute, you got it going good.

Xcelerator
10-14-2010, 06:07 PM
Wow, all great tips. This is really helping me learn quickly!