PDA

View Full Version : Plat revive

Major Nerd
06-03-2013, 01:38 PM
Something isn't quite right with platinum revives lately. I have been getting double charged. I will click revive and it just flashes back to death screen. Plat leaves the account each time I tap, but half of the time I can't even do anything. Could you guys please take a look at this?

I will make a suggestion at the same time that the plat revive should give the character a clean slate. If you die frozen and click plat revive you should not revive frozen. I would love you if you could give a 1 second invulnerability with removal of impairments on a revive. That isn't enough time to gain an advantage, but enough to make it fair for people worldwide who are on a variety of devices and connection speeds to get them in the fight again. It would be helpful to be able to see what is going on so I don't spawn into a boss's windup too.

Thanks!

Zuzeq
06-03-2013, 04:16 PM
+1 on that brother

wowdah
06-03-2013, 04:39 PM
maybe plus 0.25 seconds would work

drgrimmy
06-03-2013, 08:38 PM
Yep I find this extremely annoying to die and then plat revive only to immediately die. Thoughts:

1) Change the revive buttons so you can see what is going on, if the boss is charging a skill, etc. If they were moved a little bit lower and a little smaller this would help a lot. I would be nice to see if you are reviving in the middle of a boss skill. Also moving the buttons would fix the occasional issue of using plat revive by mistake when you are trying to teleport to another location, die, and hit the plat revive button that pops up in place of the travel confirmation button.

2) A second of immunity? May help a lot, not only if you revive at a bad time with a boss, but also if you try to revive in the middle of a huge mob which will instantly kill you.

3) Not revive you frozen... Huge problem if you revive on an ice patch while fighting the spider. Maybe an immunity to immobilizing effects for 1 second just like 2 to give you a chance to get away.

4) An alternative to 2&3 would be to have you revive ten feet or so back from where you died so you don't revive right in front of a boss, right in the middle of a mob, or right on an ice patch that contributed to your death in the first place. Not as good of a solution as 2 or 3...

5) Why can't I seem to find a way to chat while dead? Doe this just not work with android? I only seem to be able to do it if I start to chat immediately, right before the revive buttons come up. I would be nice to strategize with your team mates while you are dead before you revive.

Alhuntrazeck
06-03-2013, 09:00 PM
It now looks like STS wants us to use only 5 plat revive...dying frozen shudn't let you revive frozen.

Taejo
06-03-2013, 09:26 PM
Great suggestions. Until this issue is looked at, here's some advice for Chrome users:

While dead, you can press "C" to open up the character window. Exit the window and you'll be able to see the entire screen without the revive box for about 2 seconds. Also, by simply pressing the "Enter" button, you can prompt the chat box and talk as much as you like.