PDA

View Full Version : If you're a GM of a guild or an officer, question about beggars, etc.

Pandamoni
06-03-2013, 03:07 PM
If you are a GM or officer, do you want to know if someone in your guild is begging or being rude, etc? I would want to know if someone from Average Joe's was scamming or begging and would appreciate it if someone from another guild told me. So, is it appreciated if someone passes it along or is it annoying snitching?

Zuzeq
06-03-2013, 03:14 PM
Agreed, I would want to know if someone from GOA was running around scamming people.

matanofx
06-03-2013, 03:34 PM
i always tell scammers i run into that ill tell their guild masters about them.

if i saw someone from a guild i know well trying to scam i would report to his GM in a heart beat.

Bless
06-03-2013, 03:50 PM
Beggars and rude people in general can be forgiven. Instead of just dishing stuff out to other guilds, you should show them the moral ways. Its not very fun if you get rejected by lots of guilds because you did it once. What if the person improved their ways?

Just saying, imo this is a wrong thing to do. If you spot scamming or inappropriate language then there IS a mute and report button, and I agree that GMs should be notified but screaming "____ is a scammer, dont invite him to your guild" doesnt help at all.

Erdnase
06-03-2013, 03:50 PM
Yes, sometimes u can only know if someone is scamming in ur guild from outside sources. So no matter how someone might dislike a guild, scammers r everyones common enemy so would hope that someone would tell.

Pandamoni
06-03-2013, 04:00 PM
Just saying, imo this is a wrong thing to do. If you spot scamming or inappropriate language then there IS a mute and report button, and I agree that GMs should be notified but screaming "____ is a scammer, dont invite him to your guild" doesnt help at all.

I wouldn't "scream" anything. The question was posed because a few times I've informed a GM of someone begging or scamming and was curious if I looked like a giant snitch. :)

falmear
06-03-2013, 04:00 PM
Yes I would want to know, I have zero tolerance for scammers. Take screen shots and report them to STS and guild master/officer of the guild. Make sure to take screen shots because scammers are liars too and will say anything cover up their scamming. As for beggars and being rude I guess its a judgement call. But I usually just add those kind of people to my ignore list.

Rare
06-03-2013, 04:09 PM
Beggars and rude people in general can be forgiven. Instead of just dishing stuff out to other guilds, you should show them the moral ways. Its not very fun if you get rejected by lots of guilds because you did it once. What if the person improved their ways?

I disagree, on pretty much all of it. Maybe not the beggars part. But being very rude or scamming... I totall disagree with you. Once a snake... always a snake. You can have a second chance... but not with me or my guild.

Bless
06-03-2013, 04:26 PM

I wouldn't "scream" anything. The question was posed because a few times I've informed a GM of someone begging or scamming and was curious if I looked like a giant snitch. :) I was saying generally not directed at you.

@Aed Everyone and every guilds does things their way, just stating my opinion man :)

Fyrce
06-03-2013, 04:48 PM
This!

a giant snitch

Jk.

I would want to know.

And I also think this:

Once a snake... always a snake.

What some people consider to be "things kids do", I see as a window into someone's personality.

Rare
06-03-2013, 04:53 PM
I was saying generally not directed at you.

@Aed Everyone and every guilds does things their way, just stating my opinion man :)

Oh I know. I wasn't taking a shot at you or anything. Just saying I don't agree.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Pandamoni
06-03-2013, 04:54 PM
This!

Jk.

I would want to know.

And I also think this:

What some people consider to be "things kids do", I see as a window into someone's personality.

haha! I am such a tattle tale! And I couldn't agree more about snakes.

Yakiniku
06-03-2013, 04:59 PM
Beggars, meh. Trolling beggars was a fun pastime for me.

Scammers and offensive people? I could never be bothered to report someone myself, but if I were a GM I would want to know.

Pandamoni
06-03-2013, 05:05 PM
Beggars, meh. Trolling beggars was a fun pastime for me.

Scammers and offensive people? I could never be bothered to report someone myself, but if I were a GM I would want to know.

I'm reporting you for not being around for me to troll. *reported!*

Ladydice
06-03-2013, 06:06 PM
I agree for sure it would be good to know... also the creepy pervy ppl out there lmao I have a massive block list of pervs from diff guilds is this also something of intrest to a GM!!? lol anyways Hi Panda!! :)

xcainnblecterx
06-03-2013, 06:12 PM
I'll start a guild called "beggars r us" the you can just report em to me and I'll have em join lol

Rare
06-03-2013, 06:15 PM
I agree for sure it would be good to know... also the creepy pervy ppl out there lmao I have a massive block list of pervs from diff guilds is this also something of intrest to a GM!!? lol anyways Hi Panda!! :)

Ohhhhh wait a sec. Now you're going too far!!!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Pandamoni
06-03-2013, 06:17 PM

Hey!!!

Heck, you might tell a gm and get, "wanna cyber?" back as a response :p. lol, kidding

But if we start reporting perverts just don't report me, okay?

Lalarie
06-03-2013, 06:25 PM
Hey!!!

Heck, you might tell a gm and get, "wanna cyber?" back as a response :p. lol, kidding

But if we start reporting perverts just don't report me, okay?

*Goes to report Panda to Ever*

Pandamoni
06-03-2013, 06:28 PM
*Goes to report Panda to Ever*

Noooooooooo

Lol poor ever is often the victim if my random outbursts. I think all if you guys have been traumatized once or twice during a run

Zojak
06-03-2013, 06:30 PM
I Defs as an Officer would want to know if somebody from The Dark Side was begging like crazy or being a giant jerk to people, and i KNOW our GM would want to know about it for sure.

Lalarie
06-03-2013, 06:32 PM
Noooooooooo

Lol poor ever is often the victim if my random outbursts. I think all if you guys have been traumatized once or twice during a run

Well, cya baby killer, or should I call you bbq baby eater? XD

Kraze
06-04-2013, 02:37 PM
If you are a GM or officer, do you want to know if someone in your guild is begging or being rude, etc? I would want to know if someone from Average Joe's was scamming or begging and would appreciate it if someone from another guild told me. So, is it appreciated if someone passes it along or is it annoying snitching?

Pandy Wandy I can has some monies????? ;p

Pandamoni
06-04-2013, 04:55 PM

You can haz monies but I'm telling Ever

Kraze
06-12-2013, 09:27 PM

You can haz monies but I'm telling Ever
Snitches get stitches yo

Osahete
06-13-2013, 06:14 PM

Miraclebird, I totally agree with you. I've seen many guildies improve a lot by just being helpful to them, and explaining why we don't want beggars, or certain kind of behavior (like bad language in gc). If you show them why and how to, most of them will turn around and some even end up amazing players and/ or guildmates...

Announcing to the whole world and banning them would surely not benefit them, and you and the guild.

Of course there are players who are just trying to scam ppl or constantly beg or whatever, and don't learn, but the starting point should be that it's something to improve upon, not dismiss outright :)

tc all,
Osa