PDA

View Full Version : Which is better

cookiez
06-03-2013, 08:06 PM
Well, obviously custom is best, but what is the advantage of raid Roach. Is it THAT big?

Btw buying custom

CrimsonTider
06-03-2013, 08:25 PM
Quick answer as I am at the lake, but Raid Roach has more damage. During sewer cap, bears were known to prefer RR over Custom. I believe there is a thread which actually breaks this down.

cookiez
06-03-2013, 08:27 PM
Ohhh ty! Will thumb this up later!

NotYoCookiez
06-03-2013, 08:32 PM
Custom is just insane crit

Blind
06-04-2013, 03:39 PM
I prefered and used raid over custom at 56.

It was 56 though, now you'll face the glyph guys so custom is a better option.

KingFu
06-04-2013, 03:45 PM
No one is mentioning the H/s? That's the huge advantage over it. Raid is better in a direct 1v1, but you're screwed unless you have a solid Mage to rely on, or if you don't want to rejoin after every 1v1. Quite simply, custom is more versatile in every way. Raid is only better if you want a dex Mage where H/s is insignificant. In which case Obe would be by far the best choice.

But yes, the difference between the 2 sets is definitely noticeable.

cookiez
06-04-2013, 04:47 PM
No one is mentioning the H/s? That's the huge advantage over it. Raid is better in a direct 1v1, but you're screwed unless you have a solid Mage to rely on, or if you don't want to rejoin after every 1v1. Quite simply, custom is more versatile in every way. Raid is only better if you want a dex Mage where H/s is insignificant. In which case Obe would be by far the best choice.

But yes, the difference between the 2 sets is definitely noticeable.

Hmm, okay and Thanks! Recently, I've started not using glyph and I'm switching to sewer gear, so no obed for me;)

Gaunab
06-04-2013, 05:22 PM
IMO Raid only makes sense on a mage. I use the xbow set on my 55 mage, it drops dexbirds like flies with that 100 crit and better dmg than custom.

On bear and bird tho, custom is the way to go. It adds quite some crit to make up for the missing dmg and the h/s is vital in any long fight. Plus sexier sparkles.