PDA

View Full Version : Arcane Hooks (lvl26) next cap???

crazyangle03
06-04-2013, 01:05 AM
I'm Curious to what will happen to rouge weapon Arcane hooks (lvl26) on the next season when mage arcane weapon (lvl36) is available.

Devs can we get enlightenment with regard to this matter?

PS: ROUGE

Energizeric
06-04-2013, 01:08 AM
Probably nothing. What do you expect to happen to them?

crazyangle03
06-04-2013, 01:18 AM
Probably nothing. What do you expect to happen to them?

it should be changed to the extent that it matches the arcane hammer and the upcoming mage arcane weapon...

"People will never feel the same way unless they are on the same shoes" - just a thought

Greencrow
06-04-2013, 01:28 AM
it should be changed to the extent that it matches the arcane hammer and the upcoming mage arcane weapon...

"People will never feel the same way unless they are on the same shoes" - just a thought

Stays at level 26.

It's a cycle. After the sorc arcane update which is for level 36. For the next next patch, which is level 41, rogues will get new arcane (i think) , again.

You can read samhayne's post in al announcement about this matter.

crazyangle03
06-04-2013, 03:44 AM
Stays at level 26.

It's a cycle. After the sorc arcane update which is for level 36. For the next next patch, which is level 41, rogues will get new arcane (i think) , again.

You can read samhayne's post in al announcement about this matter.

thanks for info.. but i think this is how it works:

41 = arcane helm

46 = arcane armor

51 = arcane amulet and rings

i maybe wrong but this is what i think..

Bebsi
06-04-2013, 03:51 AM
One thing doesn't necessarily exclude the other...
It could be that after the Mage expansion there will be a new rogue arcane weapon and arcane helms for all classes.
Then in the expansion after that, a new arcane weapon for warriors along with arcane armor for all classes, etc.

Cero
06-04-2013, 03:58 AM
It could be that after the Mage expansion there will be a new rogue arcane weapon and arcane helms for all classes.
Then in the expansion after that, a new arcane weapon for warriors along with arcane armor for all classes, etc.

lol many would be butthurt if their hooks not gonna scale. and a bad.move of sts considering it takes a ton of luck and dollars to get one.(not considering sales for they all came from opening crares)

crazyangle03
06-04-2013, 04:21 AM
lol many would be butthurt if their hooks not gonna scale. and a bad.move of sts considering it takes a ton of luck and dollars to get one.(not considering sales for they all came from opening crares)

thanks man! this is what i mean about my qoute (you guys are not in the same shoes) what would you feel after you got a arcane hook after opening hundreds or even thousands of crates and then one day.. its completely useless.

crates = Plats = $$$

btw its arcane rarity = uber rare!

it wouldn't be like that, making one arcane rarity item takes a lot of time, tweaking and balancing, thats why if you try to observe they only release one for each class after a major patch (new lvl cap) since arcane rarity has uber stats.

Valsacar
06-04-2013, 04:35 AM
Upgrading them, automatically, would make no sense at all. I currently have the best sorc eq (minus the amulet, hoping to find one of those for sale) and I would be bored as hell if they automatically started upgrading my stuff so I never needed to try for better gear. Sure, it's nice to know that once I get my arcane weapon (and the jewelry) I probably have at least 1 cap that I won't have to worry about searching for gear... but if it lasted forever I'd get bored and quit playing.

Roberto077
06-04-2013, 07:18 AM
I would laugh if mages got an arcane vanity.

Rare
06-04-2013, 07:52 AM

But not surprised right? Lol

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Lipky
06-04-2013, 08:01 AM
Arcane vainity?

jb57542
06-04-2013, 08:15 AM
The rotation scale for arcane weapons is fair. Each class gets to bask as the top class for a season by having the best gear. If hooks are updated in next patch you would rob sorcerers of their chance to truly shine above the other classes. Rogues had their chance, now warriors and next is sorcerers.

Also STS is a business and they don't t just make this game from their moms basement. They have bills to pay and families to feed so of course they will not be giving handouts. I personally have no mythic or arcane weps/armor and am doing just fine.

Xstealthxx
06-04-2013, 08:59 AM
Sale on plats nd its a win win situation!

jk9810
06-04-2013, 09:46 AM

An arcane vanity would be kinda impossible as arcane and vanity are their own categories.

Zanpakuto
06-04-2013, 11:56 AM
They should scale all arcane items since the arcane pets can level each expansion. To loot arcane is already impossible and to have them become obsolete other than twink pvp is mind numbing. Mythic should at least scale once so they can be used for more than just looks after 2 expansions. What's the drive to open crates if you know the best items would have an expiry date?

Zuzeq
06-04-2013, 12:11 PM
Ditto, Mythics should scale at every cap with a simple 500 plat payment to a random NPC.

Rare
06-04-2013, 12:46 PM
An arcane vanity would be kinda impossible as arcane and vanity are their own categories.

Hmmm there are legendary vanities in Pocket Legends :)

Roberto077
06-04-2013, 01:51 PM
But not surprised right? Lol

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Not one bit.

Samhayne
06-04-2013, 01:59 PM
No current plans to scale up the Arcane Rogue Hooks. They are what they are.

Uzii
06-04-2013, 02:00 PM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?91846-Clarifying-Arcane-Hooks-and-Mythic-Helms-In-the-Next-Expansion/page7

was discussed before nordr expansion and its quite obvious hooks will not scale, at least no one said otherwise.
there will always be the answer that the item cant be the best for the eternity, despite the hundreds of real money u spend on it.
(if it was looted just from game its alright but gambling with crates and spending so much money... well... its quite messed up)

xcainnblecterx
06-04-2013, 02:11 PM

so is that to say on next cap you want the hooks on par with the sorcs arcane wep? I strongly disagree cause its about time sorcs become the.top dog and stop being stepped on. To your quote of people not feeling the same..... Have you played sorc yet? Us that play the "blue guy" have been saying since l16 cap, that we need a over haul.

Zanpakuto
06-04-2013, 07:38 PM
Well, if hooks won't scale, I take it that all arcane items won't ever either... I was seriously going to consider just paying cash to gold to buy me that arcane hammer, but what's the point... might as well get an arcane pet which lasts forever.

Alhuntrazeck
06-04-2013, 08:10 PM
The game will get boring if it keeps scaling, won't it? I'd hate to have an arcane wep I got in the 26 cap to last me all the way till 81 or whatever. Yes it's about time sorcs become the top dog, however long it lasts.

crazyangle03
06-04-2013, 08:11 PM
so is that to say on next cap you want the hooks on par with the sorcs arcane wep? I strongly disagree cause its about time sorcs become the.top dog and stop being stepped on. To your quote of people not feeling the same..... Have you played sorc yet? Us that play the "blue guy" have been saying since l16 cap, that we need a over haul.

well, my thread is to clarify if there will be changes with the arcane weapon eventually, i didn't mean it should be changed at the same time the Mage arcane weapon will be released. for us owners of Arcane hooks we want to get a little hope that were keeping it for something big in eventuality.

you dont understand my qoute dear friend, the reason i said that because the fact that i got an arcane weapon which we all know is like super hard to get and yet its completely useless. if you got a rouge and got the hooks (finally) (which the stats is way way far from the hammer) you will understand our feelings.

The game will get boring if it keeps scaling, won't it? I'd hate to have an arcane wep I got in the 26 cap to last me all the way till 81 or whatever. Yes it's about time sorcs become the top dog, however long it lasts.

yes it your time to shine mages! but then your wrong my AL, if this is an MMORPG game where all arcane weapons can be farmed its ok to stop scaling and get new Arcane weapons every expansion but its not.. the process here is to buy crates open and gamble to get one, or buy from some one who looted one which we all know it cost huge amounts of gold. (500kG = 500plat).

i guess its really unfathomable for other players out there.... but thanks Devs for the answer!

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?91846-Clarifying-Arcane-Hooks-and-Mythic-Helms-In-the-Next-Expansion/page7

was discussed before nordr expansion and its quite obvious hooks will not scale, at least no one said otherwise.
there will always be the answer that the item cant be the best for the eternity, despite the hundreds of real money u spend on it.
(if it was looted just from game its alright but gambling with crates and spending so much money... well... its quite messed up)

if what you said is true then cash players (occasionally/spammer) should be aware of it....its like sucking money from all of us. Games should be fair to all types of players in game, its not quite..its really messed up as of the moment. in addition even when arcane hooks was lunched a few months ago bone chill is still better (hooks only gives a little dmg,more dps, more health & int = PVE use) and the stats is incomparable to arcane hammer.

Alhuntrazeck
06-04-2013, 08:52 PM
They might add new arcane weps. But yes, I understand, the problems arise from the crates.

Energizeric
06-04-2013, 09:07 PM
No items in Arcane Legends have ever scaled to higher levels. I don't understand why you would think any items will ever scale.

Yes, there was mention about the mythic helm & armor, but trust me they will not make it just scale. My guess is there will be some kind of crafting involved which will allow you to upgrade your mythic helm & armor to lvl36, but it will require certain crafting materials, or maybe a certain quest be completed, or something similar.

Items are what they are. They do not simply turn into higher level items.

Lok
06-04-2013, 09:21 PM
I wonder if anyone has complained in season 3 that the rogues are overpowered due to the hooks.

I think it's fair at all, so each class can enjoy the arcane weapon for a season.

You may say that the arcane hammer is more powerful than the hooks. But don't forget that there are far less arcane hammers looted in game.

The hooks are still a very good twink weapon at lvl26.

Zuzeq
06-04-2013, 09:37 PM
Scaling anything without charging large amount of plat=bad business

Period point blank, the game isn't really built to keep old head in. Just attract new players...obvestly. Or maybe it's the wine talking...

Vystirch
06-04-2013, 09:45 PM

This is honestly... Stupid. I rly feel like arcane items have been goofed up on all along somehow.

*shutting up now*

-Vys

crazyangle03
06-04-2013, 09:54 PM
hahaha.. some good ones there.. anyhow its been decided as of the moment so lets just enjoy the game. Cheers to all!

Zeus
06-04-2013, 09:59 PM
This is honestly... Stupid. I rly feel like arcane items have been goofed up on all along somehow.

*shutting up now*

-Vys

In my opinion, it isn't really. After all, just take a look at the hooks. They are still one of the best weapons a rogue can use, despite them being L26. Down the line, they will still most likely be valuable as they will be useful items for L26 twinks.

Heck, if you look in PL, during the 61 cap, demonic sets were 20m a set. Then, after the cap, they were barely a few mil a set. Now? They're back up to 6-10m a set. They still have value, but never as much as they had before. An item is designed to be used. In an MMO, one has to realize that best items must be achieved each cap. Wether you're willing to put in the effort to obtain the best weapon each new cap, that is up to you to decide or not.

My suggestion? Arcane hook owners: sell your arcane hooks so you have somewhat of a head-start on trying to afford the next generation rogue arcane weapon.

Noi`ya
06-04-2013, 10:05 PM
in gw2, you can't sell an item after using it. like drag sets in pl. it saved the economy there

Zeus
06-04-2013, 10:09 PM
in gw2, you can't sell an item after using it. like drag sets in pl. it saved the economy there

That'd be epic but that would mean they would have to create some sort of crafting system for Arcane and Mythic items, right? That way they can tell if the item is binded or not? Also, to the people that accidentally bind their's, then what? I think over here, in this playing environment, it would be more of a headache rather than a benefit.

Noi`ya
06-04-2013, 10:14 PM
"accidentally" bind theirs actually
sux fo dem

we already know they don't care about the economy very much, that was more of a shot at sts than a suggestion

Zeus
06-04-2013, 10:17 PM
"accidentally" bind theirs actually
sux fo dem

we already know they don't care about the economy very much, that was more of a shot at sts than a suggestion

Lol, although in AL, they may just take your suggestion and put it to use. Actually, now that I think about it, they may not be able to due to memory limitations. :/

Vystirch
06-04-2013, 10:20 PM
Well you are right Apollo, but I would have to say that the drop rate is still a bit low for a cycle to be occurring.

Vystirch
06-04-2013, 10:41 PM
Well you are right Apollo, but I would have to say that the drop rate is still a bit low for a cycle to be occurring.

But then again the stats are too amazing for a higher drop... If the drop rate was raised then I guess the stats would have to drop for it.

Energizeric
06-05-2013, 03:12 AM
If you think about it, that is how eggs/pets work in AL. Once you open the egg, it is "used" and cannot be sold.

crazyangle03
06-05-2013, 03:39 AM
If you think about it, that is how eggs/pets work in AL. Once you open the egg, it is "used" and cannot be sold.

yep but pets are always useful even it takes you to the final season because they level up same as you. :applause:

Kostral
06-05-2013, 05:01 AM

Sam Does it mean if you have hooks sell it or delevel your character ?

thx for da feedback,

Bebsi
06-05-2013, 06:20 AM
Hmm, hooks being the best rogue dps weapon for 3 lvl caps is already amazing.

Ofc, an arcane weapon is very hard to get, but that's why it always will keep a certain (collectors) value even after a new rogue one comes out.

Matutd
06-05-2013, 06:40 AM
Why would they scale to 36? To give rogues a fair chance? You want the best of both worlds, but it is fair to everyone if it doesn't scale. If it did, while mages have had 2 caps without an arcane weapon, rogues and warriors havent suffered, hence making it unfair to mages and nothing else.

hotpimp
06-05-2013, 07:07 AM
Discontinue the l26 hooks

Release l41/46 hooks?

Zanpakuto
06-06-2013, 01:45 AM
should just have an upgrade option at 1000plat for arcane items LOL

Cremated
06-06-2013, 01:55 AM

Good Suggestion! I'm not agreeing sarcastically but there should be an Arcane Vanity which only a selection of players get..

carmany
06-06-2013, 02:00 AM
hmm, I am the owner of arcane hooks.
My opinion, of coz, i really hope have a chance scale up (even use huge thousand plats).
But it must be fair of each classes.
So thats mean arcane hammer also wont scale up ;)
Its doesnt matter, i think they really treat rogues much better then other classes, at least we can use hooks beat record timer.

I'll save for it just collection like founders lol

Kostral
06-06-2013, 02:35 AM
hmm, I am the owner of arcane hooks.
My opinion, of coz, i really hope have a chance scale up (even use huge thousand plats).
But it must be fair of each classes.
So thats mean arcane hammer also wont scale up ;)
Its doesnt matter, i think they really treat rogues much better then other classes, at least we can use hooks beat record timer.

I'll save for it just collection like founders lol

i m not agree whit you Carm , awesome piece as a collection But ;

1.7m= 1700 plat= 90$

Arcane hooks worth atm 20m now and means around 1080$ for one item in an online game ...
and now what are we talkin , wont scale an item which worth around 1000$ and ultra rare ????

Staffs / Devs/ Players cmon reconsider it again, it must not so easy to trash that cash so easily ...

Whacywhack
06-06-2013, 02:56 AM

1.7m= 1700 plat= 90$

Arcane hooks worth atm 20m now and means around 1080$ for one item in an online game ...
and now what are we talkin , wont scale an item which worth around 1000$ and ultra rare ????

Staffs / Devs/ Players cmon reconsider it again, it must not so easy to trash that cash so easily ...

We can't do anything but....

I feel you... the worst part is (Buy Crates and Open) you end up on that amount or more and still haven't got anything (Mythic/Arcane)...so.................

you just buy the freaking Mythic or Arcane Hooks for GOLD! OUCH!

carmany
06-06-2013, 03:25 AM

1.7m= 1700 plat= 90$

I already opened 800+ crates and nothing get even an mccraw egg, but its life, i admit im unlucky lol

Kostral
06-06-2013, 05:26 AM
I already opened 800+ crates and nothing get even an mccraw egg, but its life, i admit im unlucky lol

exactly that , well i m sure that a staff will answer us about that situation ...

if we ll continue like that, the peoples which think like me will reconsider of playing AL..

like on the past rush for get arcane pet and myth pet ... got it and yeaa yuppyy .... Gratz on achivement+ Banner !!
Not more only 2 month later achivements get fixed ... where s the difference then now ??

all this efects means lossin clients...

Danmei
06-06-2013, 06:24 AM
Question is would hooks still be much better than the next legendary rogue weapon 36?

Zeus
06-06-2013, 11:50 AM
Question is would hooks still be much better than the next legendary rogue weapon 36?

If they're not, oh well. They're still good this cap, so players enjoyed 3-4 months of being able to enjoy the best rogue weapon. That's plenty of time if you ask me.

wvhills
06-06-2013, 08:54 PM
I think bringing arcane, mythic items out one at a time was a big mistake. 2/3 of the classes always feel left out.

carmany
06-06-2013, 08:58 PM
exactly that , well i m sure that a staff will answer us about that situation ...

if we ll continue like that, the peoples which think like me will reconsider of playing AL..

like on the past rush for get arcane pet and myth pet ... got it and yeaa yuppyy .... Gratz on achivement+ Banner !!
Not more only 2 month later achivements get fixed ... where s the difference then now ??

all this efects means lossin clients...

Oh ya, I already give up open again lockes. I agreed that achievement get fixed not be fair whos spend a huge plats.

Hooks will be history, but be honestly i am looking for a new game lol

Kostral
06-07-2013, 05:22 AM
Oh ya, I already give up open again lockes. I agreed that achievement get fixed not be fair whos spend a huge plats.

Hooks will be history, but be honestly i am looking for a new game lol

Means We are in the same way Carm...

for know i started to log lesser and futurely i ll reconsider that game ..

i can clearly say that players like you and me felt used by STS and thinkin to quit to...

Yuri Ramos
06-07-2013, 09:47 AM
What about mythic helms? would they still be comparable to lvl 36 legends?

iBodega
06-07-2013, 06:28 PM
I need those freaking hooks :)

Jed
06-07-2013, 06:54 PM
You could make a twink and kick butt with the hooks if you still wanted to get use out of them.

chitgoks
06-07-2013, 11:40 PM
and that is why i will wait till cap is maxed then ill get myself those mythic gears ;)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2