PDA

View Full Version : The Story of the Word "Nun" in PL

dudetus
06-04-2013, 09:32 AM
I've witnessed the born and the spread of the word "nun" in PL's PvP (and forums) and as most of the ones who use the word "nun" do not really know the birth and actual meaning of the saying, I took my time to tell the whole forums the story behind the spreading of this word in Pocket Legends

The spreading of the word "nun" in PvP originates from Mt Fang cap's PvP. At the time I used an intbird (which are effective in that lvl) and fought Kanital. I was new to PvP and even with the high skill difference, our matches were quite equal due to my lucky dodges and higher armor. We had this thing between us going on for few weeks or so and at some point Kanital got a bit angry due to my lucky victory in one single match and intended to call me "nub" but due to a typing error he said "u nun". Then my new nickname for him to call me was "Nunja". Then some time later I got invited to Unity and the usage of the word "nun" spread from as mine and adam's joke into the whole guild. And after the whole Unity were calling people nuns, the rest of end game PvPers started to say "nun" as well. During this time, Nun (sry can't remember ur original name anymore :C) re-named himself and Kanital created an alt namee "Nunja". I do not know if Nun got the possession of the name "Nunja" or not, but at least Kanital was the person who created "Nunja" as I told I was going to make myself same named alt. So yep, he trolled me.

That is the actual story behind the usage of the word "nun". So, I was the original "nun" and "nunja".

And no, this isn't a troll. This really is the actual story.

Gaunab
06-04-2013, 10:04 AM
Wow, I feel so much smarter now! :eagerness:

dudetus
06-04-2013, 10:08 AM
Wow, I feel so much smarter now! :eagerness:

:victorious:

MightyMicah
06-04-2013, 10:10 AM
That makes so much more sense! I thought Noodle started it...I won't go into detail, though, as to why I thought this, or a certain other forumer will get mad at me. :D

floats
06-04-2013, 10:21 AM
Rofl, STs's emotes make me hurl on the floor xD

Waug
06-04-2013, 10:34 AM
Those are real nun-es, who tried to google it, after hearing it on pl.

Freeforall
06-04-2013, 10:37 AM
cool story!

Zeus
06-04-2013, 10:46 AM
No, Josh started saying it first if I'm not mistaken, then it was Kanital.

Mystiq
06-04-2013, 10:58 AM
So, since everyone is calling each other nuns, can you try and get them to only use it for people who dodge and keep getting lucky, like you did with kanital?

dudetus
06-04-2013, 11:04 AM
No, Josh started saying it first if I'm not mistaken, then it was Kanital.

Josh started to use the word "nun" after Kanital. Kanital was the one using it first alongside with me.

KingFu
06-04-2013, 11:14 AM
First use I found of "nuns" (since nun is too short...) was from Vulgar:
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?7860-2hd-Djinn-Blade-of-Thoth-for-sale&highlight=Nuns

Next was Arterra a month later:
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?10119-The-Archers-Guide-to-PL!&highlight=Nuns

dudetus
06-04-2013, 11:36 AM
First use I found of "nuns" (since nun is too short...) was from Vulgar:
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?7860-2hd-Djinn-Blade-of-Thoth-for-sale&highlight=Nuns

Next was Arterra a month later:
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?10119-The-Archers-Guide-to-PL!&highlight=Nuns

There's a difference between mispelling and intentional usage.

Besides, thread title was regarding Pocket Legends and in the first sentiment I specify that this covers PvP.

KingFu
06-04-2013, 11:41 AM

Besides, thread title was regarding Pocket Legends and in the first sentiment I specify that this covers PvP.

I don't think Arterra's was a typo, that's just how he talked lol.

Ik, was just checking forum-wise.

Zeus
06-04-2013, 12:02 PM

Vulgarstrike used nun excessively. Trust me, Kanital wasn't the first one.

Also, Josh did use nun around me and Steph before Kanital was around.

NotYoCookiez
06-04-2013, 12:14 PM
No one knows who started sayin this word first in PL. On forums, yes it's possible to find out as myst just did but not in game.

You guys act like you and your friends are the only people in PL, there are plenty of other people out there that could of started saying it...

JaytB
06-04-2013, 12:24 PM
I bet the pope started calling people nuns way before any STS gamer :D

Zeus
06-04-2013, 12:58 PM
No one knows who started sayin this word first in PL. On forums, yes it's possible to find out as myst just did but not in game.

You guys act like you and your friends are the only people in PL, there are plenty of other people out there that could of started saying it...

+1

That was my point when I posted. I highly doubted that it was Kanital to begin with, as many people already used that word way before Kanital started.

Who started the word? We'll never know, so just carry on being nuns, you nuns. ;)

wvhills
06-04-2013, 12:59 PM
i'm actually the one who used it first in PL. I'm bes nun.

XghostzX
06-04-2013, 01:00 PM
Omg this is so off. I'm making a new post.

dudetus
06-07-2013, 04:51 AM
Well sure, we weren't first who used it, but we were the ones who got it spreading. I had personally never heard anyone elsr saying it and thay only confirms how it was only used in a small group of players.

@Notyo, u show only immaturity by going to personal level by claiming me to be some egoistic prick. I never had heard anyone else saying the word and thus thought we were the ones saying it first. But we were the ones who got the word spreading even though we weren't first. As an example I use a music type named Punk. It's largely known in Europe that the first major punk band ever was a band named Sex Pistols which was from UK. In truth the first major punk band was The Ramones which was US band. Even though The Ramones were the first, Sex Pistols caused a huge movement in Punk music throughout whole Europe.

Finally, as I have mentioned I did not know how the things were in PL simply because I had not heard of anyone else saying the word first. I do agree that it was childish to instantly predict that I was the first as I didn't hear anyone else saying it. But I still stand behind that it was me, Kanital and the whole Unity guild who spread the usage of the word nun throughout end game pvp. If someone wants to challenge that thing, coem at me bor.

Zeus
06-07-2013, 01:34 PM
Well sure, we weren't first who used it, but we were the ones who got it spreading. I had personally never heard anyone elsr saying it and thay only confirms how it was only used in a small group of players.

No, the ones that got it spreading are the ones who knew Readtitle from the very, very beginning. Everybody else? They just jumped on the bandwagon. Therefore, we were the ones who got it spreading as everybody else started liking the phrase after that.

@Notyo, u show only immaturity by going to personal level by claiming me to be some egoistic prick. I never had heard anyone else saying the word and thus thought we were the ones saying it first. But we were the ones who got the word spreading even though we weren't first. As an example I use a music type named Punk. It's largely known in Europe that the first major punk band ever was a band named Sex Pistols which was from UK. In truth the first major punk band was The Ramones which was US band. Even though The Ramones were the first, Sex Pistols caused a huge movement in Punk music throughout whole Europe.

Finally, as I have mentioned I did not know how the things were in PL simply because I had not heard of anyone else saying the word first. I do agree that it was childish to instantly predict that I was the first as I didn't hear anyone else saying it. But I still stand behind that it was me, Kanital and the whole Unity guild who spread the usage of the word nun throughout end game pvp. If someone wants to challenge that thing, coem at me bor.

Also, Kanital did not spread the usage. Josh did during 45 and 50 cap in PvP, which Kanital was present in. You can say what you want, but as you were not there, Kanital spreading it is simply untrue.

Even Readtitle can't claim it honestly, as autocorrect is the cause for "nub" changing to "nun".

Sryyoulose
06-07-2013, 01:41 PM
The amount of times I called people nuns is uncountable... And all by accident my story is the same as many others.

KingFu
06-07-2013, 01:43 PM
This thread is still a thing?

XghostzX
06-07-2013, 06:34 PM
This thread is still a thing?

Nope, it's a fake.

Noi`ya
06-07-2013, 09:05 PM
David I suggest you edit or first post to include nuns, then claim all rights

sean0329
06-12-2013, 11:08 PM
I've witnessed the born and the spread of the word "nun" in PL's PvP (and forums) and as most of the ones who use the word "nun" do not really know the birth and actual meaning of the saying, I took my time to tell the whole forums the story behind the spreading of this word in Pocket Legends

The spreading of the word "nun" in PvP originates from Mt Fang cap's PvP. At the time I used an intbird (which are effective in that lvl) and fought Kanital. I was new to PvP and even with the high skill difference, our matches were quite equal due to my lucky dodges and higher armor. We had this thing between us going on for few weeks or so and at some point Kanital got a bit angry due to my lucky victory in one single match and intended to call me "nub" but due to a typing error he said "u nun". Then my new nickname for him to call me was "Nunja". Then some time later I got invited to Unity and the usage of the word "nun" spread from as mine and adam's joke into the whole guild. And after the whole Unity were calling people nuns, the rest of end game PvPers started to say "nun" as well. During this time, Nun (sry can't remember ur original name anymore :C) re-named himself and Kanital created an alt namee "Nunja". I do not know if Nun got the possession of the name "Nunja" or not, but at least Kanital was the person who created "Nunja" as I told I was going to make myself same named alt. So yep, he trolled me.

That is the actual story behind the usage of the word "nun". So, I was the original "nun" and "nunja".

And no, this isn't a troll. This really is the actual story.
Who cares