PDA

View Full Version : The real story behind the word 'nun' in PL... *Cough* Dudetus *Cough*

XghostzX
06-04-2013, 01:06 PM
Hey guys, before we get down to business, let me make the claim that I have been playing longer than Dudetus (NBD I got a founders helm).

Anyways, the word Nun originated from a very old player, and dudetus got it from Kanital WHO GOT IT FROM SOMEONE ELSE.

Does the name ReadTitle ring a bell? Yes, in 2010, he was in his prime and was considered the best pure INT mage (with others like Mrsbanana, I was beginning to be known, etc.) Readtitle, one of my best buddies who I still talk to today, had a very interesting personality. He always maintained a good attitude about everything, but he was hella' competitive.

When he lost a fight, sometimes he would rage and use potty-mouth/no-no words, which would result in a mute. Instead of saying the word that started with an 'N', he then started using the word the Nun.

As a side note, Vulgarstrike used the word a ton. Readtitle picked it off from him though, and really spread the message around game using that word.

Readtitle and Kanital were good friends, and although Read quit before guilds/Unity were a popular thing, Read would always call Kan a 'nun' because he would always get beaten.

Basically, we ended up using that word around end game as a way to remember Read and laugh. The orginial Nun was the player Shhhnfight. But yes, we call Dudetus the 'Nun' nowadays because he has (in my view) an extremely close/comical personality to Readtitle; we also use the term in endgame a lot.

Now THAT, my friends, is the real story of how the word 'nun' originated.

Edit: To have a perspective of when this started, it was during the age of Hmmhmm, Xrax, and Skimmey, for those that have heard of them. After Thelonearcher, I consider them to be the greatest birds (56 cap). He said this a lot during the 50 cap too, when mages used Cyber armor with the staff that has a huge flaming skull on it.

Zeus
06-04-2013, 01:07 PM
Silly Dudetus thought that he made a speshul connection with Kanital. ;)

CrimsonTider
06-04-2013, 01:08 PM
Why not just put this in Dudetus's thread?

XghostzX
06-04-2013, 01:10 PM
Why not just put this in Dudetus's thread?

His story was a lot different than mine, I'd thought it would be amusing to show him.

Petrichor
06-04-2013, 01:24 PM
I hope Jawsh sees this bahaha

billybob1
06-04-2013, 01:32 PM
will sumbody make a the real, real story behind the word nun?

hmmmmmm

KingFu
06-04-2013, 01:34 PM
Can we all just stop and say no one "invented" the word?

Seriously, I'm sure the word has been used numerous times in games far before PL, people trying to take credit for something that is uncreditable is lol worthy. The real story behind the word "nun" is that countless people have used it for the reason that it replaces "nub" due to autocorrect, and no one should be credited for the term (if you can call it that).

Since we're on the topic of coining terms, Deacon Jones, one of the best defensive tackles who played for the Rams from 61-71 died last night, who originally coined the term "sack" and is the reason the stat exists today.

Apostel
06-04-2013, 01:34 PM
I can slightly remember fighting along Kan and Mrs:banana: but kinda missed the 'Nun' sessions :)

XghostzX
06-04-2013, 01:44 PM

Seriously, I'm sure the word has been used numerous times in games far before PL, people trying to take credit for something that is uncreditable is lol worthy. The real story behind the word "nun" is that countless people have used it for the reason that it replaces "nub" due to autocorrect, and no one should be credited for the term (if you can call it that).

Since we're on the topic of coining terms, Deacon Jones, one of the best defensive tackles who played for the Rams from 61-71 died last night, who originally coined the term "sack" and is the reason the stat exists today.

Lighten up, I was just having a good time. I know Josh will appreciate it.

@Billy - I wuv the sarcasm <3

KingFu
06-04-2013, 01:51 PM
Lighten up, I was just having a good time. I know Josh will appreciate it.

Nty

CrimsonTider
06-04-2013, 02:44 PM

Bonus points for knowing wherr Mr. Jones went to college... (No Google.) :p

billybob1
06-04-2013, 02:51 PM
Bonus points for knowing WHERE Mr. Jones went to college... (No Google.) :p

yw......wub u!

CrimsonTider
06-04-2013, 03:06 PM
yw......wub u!

HEY!! I typed this while sitting on the jet ski waiting for kids to come out. YOU are welcome! ;)

Zeus
06-04-2013, 03:17 PM
HEY!! I typed this while sitting on the jet ski waiting for kids to come out. YOU are welcome! ;)

Don't throw out your back now, old man. ;)

KingFu
06-04-2013, 03:20 PM
Bonus points for knowing wherr Mr. Jones went to college... (No Google.) :p

Oh gosh -.- I know he grew up in Florida, no idea for his college though, so I'll just guess University of Florida.

Noi`ya
06-04-2013, 03:21 PM
i have a pummy

billybob1
06-04-2013, 03:22 PM

im jelly of u n ur jet ski!! i rememembr when i had one :(
think of me when ur........riding........lol

Everyone'sFavMage
06-04-2013, 04:09 PM
i have a pummylmao.

CrimsonTider
06-04-2013, 04:22 PM
Don't throw out your back now, old man. ;)

Don't worry young'un. I can hold my own. ;)

Oh gosh -.- I know he grew up in Florida, no idea for his college though, so I'll just guess University of Florida.

South Carolina State and Mississippi Valley State. (MVS is also where Jerry Rice went to college if I am not mistaken.)

im jelly of u n ur jet ski!! i rememembr when i had one :(
think of me when ur........riding........lol

Don't be jelly... Belongs to my bro-in-law. Helps when I don't have to worry about the towing/loading/unloading. ;)

ThePvpTwink
06-04-2013, 05:12 PM
So is this the no gear Mage who spams "NUN!" in balefort?Lol.

Spyce
06-04-2013, 05:29 PM
Stupid nun.

Noodleleg
06-04-2013, 10:45 PM
Is Lil' Wayne gonna use Nun from now on?

XghostzX
06-04-2013, 11:25 PM
Is Lil' Wayne gonna use Nun from now on?

*I see what you did thar*

Mage till the end
06-04-2013, 11:34 PM
will sumbody make a the real, real story behind the word nun?

hmmmmmm

nun
/nən/
Noun
A member of a religious community of women, esp. a cloistered one, living under vows of poverty, chastity, and obedience.
A pigeon of a breed with a crest on its neck.
Synonyms
sister - cloistress - vestal - votaress

Rot
06-04-2013, 11:49 PM
Someone called?

TheBeastXD
06-04-2013, 11:49 PM
nun
/nən/
Noun
A member of a religious community of women, esp. a cloistered one, living under vows of poverty, chastity, and obedience.
Synonyms

gf.

D-:
06-05-2013, 02:07 AM
nun
/nən/
Noun
Synonyms

Nice copy & paste.

Mystiq
06-05-2013, 03:17 AM
Since nun, originated from noob, or nub......where did noob come from? O_o

sean0329
06-12-2013, 11:17 PM
Hey guys, before we get down to business, let me make the claim that I have been playing longer than Dudetus (NBD I got a founders helm).

Anyways, the word Nun originated from a very old player, and dudetus got it from Kanital WHO GOT IT FROM SOMEONE ELSE.

Does the name ReadTitle ring a bell? Yes, in 2010, he was in his prime and was considered the best pure INT mage (with others like Mrsbanana, I was beginning to be known, etc.) Readtitle, one of my best buddies who I still talk to today, had a very interesting personality. He always maintained a good attitude about everything, but he was hella' competitive.

When he lost a fight, sometimes he would rage and use potty-mouth/no-no words, which would result in a mute. Instead of saying the word that started with an 'N', he then started using the word the Nun.

As a side note, Vulgarstrike used the word a ton. Readtitle picked it off from him though, and really spread the message around game using that word.

Readtitle and Kanital were good friends, and although Read quit before guilds/Unity were a popular thing, Read would always call Kan a 'nun' because he would always get beaten.

Basically, we ended up using that word around end game as a way to remember Read and laugh. The orginial Nun was the player Shhhnfight. But yes, we call Dudetus the 'Nun' nowadays because he has (in my view) an extremely close/comical personality to Readtitle; we also use the term in endgame a lot.

Now THAT, my friends, is the real story of how the word 'nun' originated.

Edit: To have a perspective of when this started, it was during the age of Hmmhmm, Xrax, and Skimmey, for those that have heard of them. After Thelonearcher, I consider them to be the greatest birds (56 cap). He said this a lot during the 50 cap too, when mages used Cyber armor with the staff that has a huge flaming skull on it.
Wow awesome story I hope someone cares

readtitle
06-13-2013, 06:55 AM
LMFAO!!! Drank like crazy last night woke up and could barely walk idk why I checked this forum but I did and instantly jumped up and woke my friends up at 6 am LOL. This is amazing bahahaha

readtitle
06-13-2013, 07:29 AM
Bes story but it's still wrong Will haha. The word "nun" was created from 3 people. Evermorre, dawninfinity, and myself. It's not from me raging LOL it was actually numerous private matches of us 3 just talking haha. We also picked a favorite tree lmfao. Anyways we'd always sit there and talk to eachother in our private match. We wouldn't ever pvp just sit and talk haha. And like normal friends we cracked a joke about one another and when we went to call someone else a nub or something it auto corrected to nun. SO LONG STORY SHORT APPLE AUTO CORRECT MADE THE WORD. Jk but anyways it was in the 50 cap. It was before the cyber and before the death. Just us chillin and we'd invite people to come to with us and we'd call them a nun and it spread :). AND WE HAD GROUP THERAPY LMFAO. Omg so many memories haha. Anyways... This is the real story of the word lol. And our definition is deff different than the religious nun haha

Xbuddyjosh
06-14-2013, 02:35 PM
Nun

skimmey
11-04-2013, 09:47 PM
Wow 3 years have passed so fast .

Worship
11-04-2013, 09:48 PM

Welcome back Mr. Necro'er

XghostzX
11-04-2013, 10:23 PM

Omg dude, pm me i miss you

How long has it been, like 2 years?

readtitle
11-08-2013, 06:34 AM
Omg skimmey :o!

Everyone'sFavMage
11-08-2013, 02:33 PM
Woah skimmeys world

Sheugokin
11-08-2013, 08:32 PM
Someone called?

Pretty sure that that is a man, not a woman. So no, no one told you; get back to work!

skimmey
11-11-2013, 07:07 AM
Woah skimmeys world

looks like someone remembered that catchphrase quite well :S

Zeus
11-11-2013, 01:10 PM
Bes story but it's still wrong Will haha. The word "nun" was created from 3 people. Evermorre, dawninfinity, and myself. It's not from me raging LOL it was actually numerous private matches of us 3 just talking haha. We also picked a favorite tree lmfao. Anyways we'd always sit there and talk to eachother in our private match. We wouldn't ever pvp just sit and talk haha. And like normal friends we cracked a joke about one another and when we went to call someone else a nub or something it auto corrected to nun. SO LONG STORY SHORT APPLE AUTO CORRECT MADE THE WORD. Jk but anyways it was in the 50 cap. It was before the cyber and before the death. Just us chillin and we'd invite people to come to with us and we'd call them a nun and it spread :). AND WE HAD GROUP THERAPY LMFAO. Omg so many memories haha. Anyways... This is the real story of the word lol. And our definition is deff different than the religious nun haha

You forgot me; I was there -.-

Kanital
11-14-2013, 12:35 PM
You forgot me; I was there -.-

Everyone just asumed it parth

Cheenivie
11-14-2013, 06:39 PM

Haha criss de pd.

XghostzX
11-14-2013, 07:34 PM

Lol not really kani... got my hopes up

Caiahar
11-16-2013, 11:08 AM
Lol not really kani... got my hopes up

Quote from dudetus: "If he were to even post 5 times he would get banned"
But then ofc. Good ol' doc came and proved him wrong.

All for one, and one for all.

Noodleleg
11-16-2013, 02:32 PM
Now that Adam's gone, I can join :D