PDA

View Full Version : Phoenixking's Drawing

Phoenixking
06-04-2013, 04:18 PM
http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x343/phoenixarmada13/image.jpg (http://s1177.photobucket.com/user/phoenixarmada13/media/image.jpg.html)

This is a drawing I'm making its a WIP (I have yet to add the background and possibly some other stuff)
At first I was intending to show this to shadow but I decided to show the community as well, I think I improved since the last time I posted my drawings. I was also playing around with my new charcoal pencils.

The drawing is a man with those small one handed shotguns (for the "dramatic" effect or something) he is in an apocalyptic setting and he is fighting something. I have yet to decide what the heck he is doing(other then what stated before). This is just a drawing I made to see my progress, hope you like it.

Cavoc
06-04-2013, 05:14 PM
It'd be pretty cool if you drew a demon-like/fiendish like creature on the left side in a pouncing position with its arms out and mouth out (mouth level to the gun). Makes viewers wonder what happens next. Does he fire or does he get eaten?

Bootdaddy
06-04-2013, 05:17 PM
Awesome :encouragement:

Caiahar
06-04-2013, 05:47 PM
Kewl! Still on my drawing tho. It sucks compared to yourz.

quanebo
06-04-2013, 06:56 PM
wow...only thing I can draw are stick figures...nice

Phoenixking
06-04-2013, 07:12 PM
It'd be pretty cool if you drew a demon-like/fiendish like creature on the left side in a pouncing position with its arms out and mouth out (mouth level to the gun). Makes viewers wonder what happens next. Does he fire or does he get eaten?
Oh nice, I'll try that.

Suentous PO
06-04-2013, 07:34 PM
Thank god people still use pencils & charcoals! Dang computer art bores me to death!
Good stuff bruddah!
"in the past people like me found caves and drew all over them. "-dozeone

Caiahar
06-04-2013, 08:15 PM
Thank god people still use pencils & charcoals! Dang computer art bores me to death!
Good stuff bruddah!
I sent my pic to phoe, but unsure if I should share to community.

Phoenixking
06-04-2013, 09:15 PM
Good stuff bruddah!
Oh I use computers as well, but I want to get better at traditional art before I go back

mollypup
06-04-2013, 09:37 PM
That's grate I can imagine him on some strange scifi planet

Suentous PO
06-04-2013, 11:32 PM
Oh I use computers as well, but I want to get better at traditional art before I go back
Not to dis computer artists, just saying the smell of graphite, turpentine, and spray paint bring good memories.

DocDoBig
06-05-2013, 12:59 AM
Pro! Good Job.

The Sadness
06-05-2013, 07:45 AM
Curious, how old are you? Don't feel you have to be terribly specific, teens or 20's works. Nice drawing.

When I was a senior in high school, I was in a Career Art advanced art class. One day, our teacher takes us to a supply room. On a table are drawings, lots of drawings. Different mediums like dry pastel, oil pastel, colored pencil, graphite pencil drawings, all spectacular. He looked at us and said, these were done by a 13 year old (I was 17 at the time), you all will have a lot of competition if you choose to pursue art as a career. Take a good look and then get back to work.

That's when I got my first reality check. I got my next one at Uni when I witnessed professors critiquing pieces of work for so long, that people began to cry. Try working on a drawing for 40 hours in one week only to be torn down verbally. At first, I hated that man. But if he didn't tell us how it was as students, someone in the real world would have.

Nice job by the way. Good use of chiaroscuro, repost when you add a background. :D

Caiahar
06-05-2013, 08:33 AM
Curious, how old are you? Don't feel you have to be terribly specific, teens or 20's works. Nice drawing.

When I was a senior in high school, I was in a Career Art advanced art class. One day, our teacher takes us to a supply room. On a table are drawings, lots of drawings. Different mediums like dry pastel, oil pastel, colored pencil, graphite pencil drawings, all spectacular. He looked at us and said, these were done by a 13 year old (I was 17 at the time), you all will have a lot of competition if you choose to pursue art as a career. Take a good look and then get back to work.

That's when I got my first reality check. I got my next one at Uni when I witnessed professors critiquing pieces of work for so long, that people began to cry. Try working on a drawing for 40 hours in one week only to be torn down verbally. At first, I hated that man. But if he didn't tell us how it was as students, someone in the real world would have.

Nice job by the way. Good use of chiaroscuro, repost when you add a background. :D
Phoe is 16 (almost 16, that is)
I think...ill post my drawing once im fully finished, colored in, added effects, shadows, etc.
I only have normal pencils, color pencils, and crayons.

Petrichor
06-05-2013, 09:27 AM
Miguel, that is absolutely amazing! :)

Phoenixking
06-05-2013, 12:40 PM
Yeah I'm 16, I still have a long ways to go I know that. I already see my mistakes, I added to much shading, outlines look off, I messed up the gun and it's also messy(and other small details). This summer I was going to do some intense practice in drawing with graphite and charcoal and using computer programs while also trying out and getting better at mediums I rarely have done like watercolor and color pastels. This drawing is also meant to compare how I am now to how I will be at the end of my summer break.
Also, thanks for the comments guys :)

The Happiness
06-06-2013, 12:14 AM
Not to dis computer artists, just saying the smell of graphite, turpentine, and spray paint bring good memories.

As do lighter fuel and petrol to me. Happy days :)

The Greediness
06-06-2013, 03:27 AM
As do lighter fuel and petrol to me. Happy days :)
.....pyromania?

OT: Great art, Phoenixking.
I especially like the shading on the individual himself.