PDA

View Full Version : No plan for OSX version.

Azrael
10-14-2010, 09:41 PM
I guess it makes sense since it seems the game developers work on PC, but when the PC version comes out, i feel like i'll be at a huge disadvantage not being able to play on one. Sure the game interface on the iphone is pretty solid, but trying to pvp against a player on a computer when i'm on a tiny phone seems pretty uneven. And the harder more complex bosses are great, but players using a keyboard to communicate will have a huge edge over those on a phone in boss encounters. I'm getting the feeling I just wont be able to compete or enjoy the game if i cant play it on the computer as well.

Are there any plans for an OSX version?

Varking
10-14-2010, 09:51 PM
Have you looked into possibly dual booting on your computer, like being able to load up OSX as well as Windows?

Azrael
10-14-2010, 10:17 PM
yea, and i keep putting it off. Mainly cause i dont want to pay for a new hard drive since i wont partition. Plus the cost of windows if i decide to pay for it... which i probably would.

haroldiv
10-14-2010, 10:21 PM
Dude 20gigs is more than u need and windows xp is very um let's say easy to get your hands on. It's a
Must have in the world we live in.

Azrael
10-14-2010, 10:23 PM
yea sadly... still i rather have two drives and keep them separate. Windows is a breeding ground for virus'... i could make analogies but it would get nasty.

setec
10-14-2010, 11:14 PM
If you're windows partition on a Mac gets infected (and it probably will), it CAN NOT infect your Mac side.

I am betting (unless Devs know different) that the graphics requirements won't be that great, so you could run Windows XP in a virtual environment with Parallels or similar software to play the game. :) This what I am going to do as well as test it on my Win7 netbook.

Arterra
10-15-2010, 07:14 AM
imma get my future itouch 4g to run windows xp, wait for PC PL and show you how its done lol xD

Vyvin
10-15-2010, 08:20 AM
Get urself a copy of iPhone SDK download the pl app via iTunes open containing folder run via iPhone sdk
Hypotheticly.
XD
/Vyvin

BeardedBear
10-15-2010, 08:44 AM
Get urself a copy of iPhone SDK download the pl app via iTunes open containing folder run via iPhone sdk
Hypotheticly.
XD
/Vyvin

That would never work.

Vyvin
10-15-2010, 09:40 AM
Key word hypothetically because the iDevicesdk would allow you to test the game... There be able to play it... DuH!!!!
:D
/Vyvin

Snakespeare
10-15-2010, 12:29 PM
Xcode has an emulator, but you have to have the code.

Speaking of Xcode, I don't understand this at all. Why isn't the port to OSX easier than the port to PC. Even if they are writing code in the PC environment (in my day it was Unix), they still had to port it to Xcode. Shouldn't that make the next step (inside joke if you're paying attention), the port to OSX, far easier than the port to any other environment?

shadywack
10-15-2010, 01:19 PM
With Apple being the third largest in pc sales.....this is highly surprising.

BeardedBear
10-15-2010, 01:44 PM
I have the latest SDK and Xcode, but you need the code to run the emulator, you can't just point to your game in your itunes folder. That would be too easy!

Edit: Snake already said this 2 posts up!

Snakespeare
10-15-2010, 01:46 PM
hmmm... I thought that's what I said, Bearded, more or less...

[edit] doh! you caught it, i see