PDA

View Full Version : Ripmaw and Hammerjaw - Please add new abilities at L30?

Zeus
06-04-2013, 10:16 PM
Hello,

I just recently came across a thread where I learned that Hammerjaw and Ripmaw do not earn extra abilities at L30. Is there any way that developers can add them to those specific pets? I mean, I do understand that there is data limits, but since Hammerjaw and Ripmaw are Arcane and Mythic pets, respectively, shouldn't they also get new abilities like Slag and Glacian do?

It would only make sense, IMO.

Just a thought, if it's already been added, let me know.

Thanks,

~Apollo

Energizeric
06-05-2013, 03:18 AM
Agreed!

Linkincena
06-05-2013, 03:26 AM
Agreed +1
I think all pets should learn something new at every 5 levels...
or the power or area of the skill should increase every 5 levels too..

Zeus
06-05-2013, 04:16 AM
Agreed +1

Yes, that would be ideal. Unfortunately, due to data restrictions, it would be both cumbersome to add abilities to each pet and data intensive. Essentially, it would be a waste of resources.

However, there is only two mythic pets and only two arcane pets, so at least can those pets get upgrades at L30+? I'm sure that wouldn't be too data intensive or much work at all.

hotpimp
06-05-2013, 07:10 AM
Why in the world are slag and glacian getting a new abilities at l30 but not hammer and ripmaw?

Reason- STS cannot tame land sharks and give them new abilities.
Nuff said

KennethK
06-05-2013, 07:15 AM
Agreed +1

Happy owner of Hammerjaw, agreed i say. mines lvl 31, still no difference besides dmg & crit

Spyce
06-05-2013, 07:19 AM
Every pet should learn a new ability after 5 levels or so.

Alhuntrazeck
06-05-2013, 07:45 AM
Every pet should learn a new ability after 5 levels or so.

answered below.

Yes, that would be ideal. Unfortunately, due to data restrictions, it would be both cumbersome to add abilities to each pet and data intensive. Essentially, it would be a waste of resources.

However, there is only two mythic pets and only two arcane pets, so at least can those pets get upgrades at L30+? I'm sure that wouldn't be too data intensive or much work at all.

But +1 to this idea...mythic n arcane pets should get new abilities at 30. Something good enough that makes them worth the amount you have to buy them for.

Roberto077
06-05-2013, 07:57 AM
Apollo on the AL forums? :OOOOOOOOOOO

wvhills
06-05-2013, 09:14 AM
There's a limited amount of people who will pay 250 plat for a mythic pet or open X number of crates for an arcane pet. I think the idea is to introduce new mythic and arcane pets every campaign to get those players to buy the latest and greatest. If each mythic and arcane pet gained abilities every 5 levels for eternity there wouldn't be as much reason to buy the new ones.

I'm not saying that I don't agree with you, I'm just saying why I think it won't be done.

Zuzeq
06-05-2013, 09:27 AM
I want to piggy back off your thread. Why do season 1 pets such as Mali and Kettle gain new abilities at lvl 30, but more recent pet such as Orion stay the same? All or nothing I would think...

Swede
06-05-2013, 01:25 PM
We'll look into it, thanks.

Zeus
06-05-2013, 02:09 PM

Awesome! Thank you :)

Vystirch
06-05-2013, 02:35 PM

Great :) thx Swede

Linkincena