PDA

View Full Version : Debate/Discussion : why & who Coined the terms 'go' & 'rush' IG

Waug
06-04-2013, 10:41 PM
As result of a small sarcasm made by me in an other thread, this idea came to my mind that this could be a good discussion that why and who coined these terms in game "go" and "rush", I can remember about many threads where , partially this matter has been discussed but not a dedicated thread about this matter.

In my opinion the "go" system would benefit mages most,then bears than birds, so maybe any mage or a group of mages discovered and coined the term, obviusly "rush" was follwed, as a cosquence.

MightyMicah
06-04-2013, 10:58 PM
It's an interesting thread, to be sure.

You gotta realize that mages weren't always op. And you also gotta realize that people cared way less about KDR a long time ago, so I doubt people came up with some evil plan to get good stats. You also gotta realize that most other mmo's have a form of challenging an opponent 1v1, which Pl doesn't really have. I'm sure the person who started "go" was simply someone who wanted to try 1v1.

Just some things to consider. I wasn't here when the game released so I have no idea who invented the terms.

Waug
06-04-2013, 11:16 PM
LMAO how came it to ur mind that i meant mages were even op, saying that go would benefit mages most , does not imply that at all. :)

Its mostly about buff, and ms that saying go,always would benefit mages mostly.

CrimsonTider
06-04-2013, 11:40 PM
Is this "PL History: Who Said What?" Day?

Deathofan
06-05-2013, 12:41 AM
It's true Mages get benefited from "Go" fights, but not that they are the best. From my experience they are horrible at 1v1 FFA unless you run for +20 secs to get your buffs and shield back and keep repeating the proccess which will rather be a boring fight, but they do benefit more in 1v1 "Go" fights because they have magic shield ready and fight fully buffed. My opinion: Mages do well in 1v1 go fights and Team FFA's, but horrible at 1v1 FFA.

For bears, "Go" fights also benefit them as well since they are a Single-target class and have tanking potencials. But they can play either role just fine, they tank very well in Team FFA and can handle any class in 1v1 "Go" fight, and if you're an experienced bear you can take on a 1v1 FFA buffless just fine as well. My opinion: Bears can handle all three ways, but not to the point how a mage or bird specialize on their's.

For birds, i'm gonna say they are supposed to fight FFA 100% of the time, since they are the high-dmg-fragile class. By letting a bear buff up all his 4 buffs you're already giving up your agility to take your opponent down, or a mage, who already has magic shield 12m skills advantage. My Opinion: birds benefit in Team FFA and 1v1 FFA, not in 1v1 go fights.

DocDoBig
06-05-2013, 12:55 AM
Rush probably came from Starcraft Players since there is a tactic called "Zerg Rush".

Also (maybe a little off-topic) i remember when someone said "go" to me the first time i thought i should go away and left the PvP room, lol. ;)

Mystiq
06-05-2013, 01:11 AM
Well the benefits of go are : both sides are ready
Both sides have full health
Your deaths aren't as unexpected
For newbs- their kdr is better
You can kite easier (more ffa than rush though)
You choose who you fight
You don't have to fight op people/gear
Etc.

NotYoCookiez
06-05-2013, 04:22 AM
The terms go and rush obviously came from 2 well know endgame players who believe they founded everything in Pocket Legends.

^^ pretty much the closest to an answer you will get.

Roberto077
06-05-2013, 05:28 AM
What I want to know is the name of the idiot who incorporated 'cry' into the game. IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE

Mystiq
06-05-2013, 05:48 AM
^^ lmfao so true!! And "cry moar", like as if i was crying in the first place >.>

Waug
06-05-2013, 06:44 AM
^ few peoples obsessed with it made, 'we lol u cry'

Roberto077
06-05-2013, 07:55 AM
Cry is defined as the act of shedding tears in emotional distress or depression.

In a game, you can not see the physical appearance of a person; therefore, 'cry' shouldn't be used the way it is in PvP, for it makes you seem like an absolute moron.

^^^ I should make a thread like that now.

joshtheboss
06-05-2013, 08:16 AM
Cry is defined as the act of shedding tears in emotional distress or depression.

In a game, you can not see the physical appearance of a person; therefore, 'cry' shouldn't be used the way it is in PvP, for it makes you seem like an absolute moron.

^^^ I should make a thread like that now.

Cry.

Roberto077
06-05-2013, 11:06 AM
Cry.

See, absolute moron.

Mystiq
06-05-2013, 11:13 AM
See, absolute moron.

Cry.

^_^

joshtheboss
06-05-2013, 12:06 PM
See, absolute moron.

Cry.

Sus
06-05-2013, 04:51 PM
No derailing plz.

Sryyoulose
06-05-2013, 05:10 PM
No derailing plz.

Cry

But honestly people when they rush me I'm like whatttt??? They're like cry, I kill them they booted repeats previous process 6 times while trying to deal with all my chars around L50.

Caiahar
06-05-2013, 06:19 PM
No derailing plz.

Cry

But honestly people when they rush me I'm like whatttt??? They're like cry, I kill them they booted repeats previous process 6 times while trying to deal with all my chars around L50.
Ikr?
Random bird: *rushes me*
me (rhino): uhm....
Burd: CRY MOAR PLZ!!
Me: No one can cry in a game. It is pixels. Tbh, im laughing.
Burd: Laughing dat u died?
Me: Laughing cuz u say cry in a game where emotions can not be seen.
Burd: *rushes again*
Me: beat him multiple time, he beats me only when I haz nu buff.
bird: WTF
Me: *brings voodoo* aight ur annoyin me. *smell of roasted bird comes suddenly.
Me: Gf tho.

Phoenixking
06-05-2013, 06:39 PM
Ikr?
Me: Gf tho.i say cry to the people I don't like, they are usually people easy to piss off so it just takes cry to set them on. It's so fun because they're like wut no I'm not crying, I just say yes you are. People like these loss patience easy and rage quit when you get too stubborn

Reunegade
06-05-2013, 06:41 PM
I follow commands

When someone says cry I cry

Roberto077
06-06-2013, 05:35 AM
Cry.

See, absolute moron.

Cheenivie
06-06-2013, 06:31 AM
Ikr?
Me: Gf tho.

Meh me when i get rushed i just get up and rush him back im pretty decent at most lvls (except 55-56 i blow at those lvls) so i defend myself. ill let him trash talk and think hes super cool on a free MMO when 30% of the time its a fatty eating a Big Mac in his parents basement

joshtheboss
06-06-2013, 07:55 AM
See, absolute moron.

Cry.

Honney
06-06-2013, 08:27 AM
^ few peoples obsessed with it made, 'we lol u cry'

Thats my guild. ;p

Roberto077
06-06-2013, 11:12 AM
Cry.

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnd muted