PDA

View Full Version : We need a confirmation function when we buy elixirs from the icon bar

HellAngelxx
06-05-2013, 12:53 AM
I just lost 4 plats due to accidently clicking on the icon and click on the speed elixirs by tapping on the screen. I feel like i have wasted those 4 plats on something that i dont need and i knew that many other people had wasted their plats too by going through what i did. Now if we have a confirm function system we could prevent this to never happened again.

DocDoBig
06-05-2013, 01:05 AM
This has been suggested in a different way before: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?100716-purchasing-elixir

+1 though.

Zeus
06-05-2013, 01:18 AM
Samhayne has addressed this issue before.

I believe he said something along the lines of, "The feature is one touch for a reason, ease of purchasing. After all, it would be annoying to have to go through the menu and then an additional confirmation screen in the middle of a run when you just want to buy an elixir."

He also said something along the lines of, "It's pretty hard to accidentally purchase as you have to first go to the platinum store, then click on the elixir tabs, and THEN you are prompted with the option the purchase."

It would be bad if it was right on your screen, but it's not as it's a multi-step process.

Bottom line? Only go into the platinum store if you are sure you want to purchase something. Slippery fingers shouldn't venture into the store if they haven't decided on a purchase.

HellAngelxx
06-05-2013, 01:55 AM
sorry i didnt know this was addressed b4, but from what samhaye said, it seem to me he is talk about the elixirs tab from menuscreen>store>elixirs tab. The one i am talk about is the tab to the left of your HP potion . Once you click on that tab/icon it prompt you elixirs and if u accident click on any of those elixirs you lost those plats because it auto purchase. Here the thing we are talking about our budget money that is spent on plats. Any plats currency do count. even if it is annoying to get the yes or no prompt to buy each time we purchase elixirs but it save your plat currency. also from what he said about slippery fingers, well even thought i do have slippery thumb, but what if i have big thumbs and have a smaller touchscreen device, will it make the situation worst? anyway thank for the reply ill go and check the suggested thread

Energizeric
06-05-2013, 03:08 AM
Yeah, I've purchased an elixir before when I was actually trying to press the potion button during a boss fight. There should be a confirmation popup.

A better idea all together would be to eliminate that quick purchase menu from the home screen and instead of that, when an elixir runs out have a popup ask if you would like to repurchase the same elixir, and then yes have a confirmation to say "are you sure?". This would be the best way in my opinion.

hotpimp
06-05-2013, 07:12 AM
This happens to me weekly almost but its 4 or 8 plat so i dont email sts..

Im happier when i dont have plat lol...

+1 on this.

iluvataris
06-05-2013, 09:26 AM
I don't like how they switch positions twice without notice. First they switch spots of the 7day elixer and luck elixer. I came so close to buying a 7 day slider when I wanted a luck, but luckily caught myself before it happened. They a few days later they switch them back.......
idk if anyone actually baught a 7 day by mistake but I can see it happening.

Amythys
06-05-2013, 11:28 AM
This has happened to me as well when tapping potions. It would be nice if the platinum elixir purchase was not so near the potions buttons.

Pandamoni
06-05-2013, 12:16 PM
My baby bought an 8 plat xp elix, a 2 plat luck elix and a 2 plat speed elix a few weeks ago. I was holding her while I was playing and she hit the screen and managed to do all of that in the blink of an eye. Yeah, I think we need a confirmation. I just leveled a few pets with the xp elix since I didn't need xp as I'm a level 31.

In all, that little booger has accidentally spent about 20-30 plat accidentally.

iluvataris
06-05-2013, 12:34 PM
That sucks : / ya my baby once bought a 21 ALP for 400k. At the time it was 80k : /

Pandamoni
06-05-2013, 12:46 PM
That sucks : / ya my baby once bought a 21 ALP for 400k. At the time it was 80k : /

I think our babies are in cahoots. Little rascals.

Uzii
06-05-2013, 12:59 PM
i once accidentally managed to buy inventory slots lol. i fall asleep with the game still on and when i woke up i found out 15 plats missing haha. thers a lot of steps to take for it to happen, i was really surprised how i manged to do that, so one button on screen is easily to be hit in blink of an eye accidentally. i caught up myself misstouching it many times but stoped at right time.

i willingly will "suffer" any annoyance it may cause just to confirm it i really want to buy what i tap on.

wvhills
06-05-2013, 01:06 PM
i disagree with the "ease of purchase" argument. In addition to the the button beside the potion it's really easy to accidently pay klauss 5 plats or shaznut 2 plat to get ur chest early.

Uzii
06-05-2013, 01:28 PM
i disagree with the "ease of purchase" argument. In addition to the the button beside the potion it's really easy to accidently pay klauss 5 plats or shaznut 2 plat to get ur chest early.

they needed to put some reason for no confirmation button i guess. but i think just more players r annoyed with lack confirm, loosing plats for nothing, seeing how many times this topic was brought up to the light, as the ones that r good how things r now.

Dormirson
06-05-2013, 04:04 PM
The reasoning is flawed. But, they are out to make money---so any way they get you to buy plat works for them

Rare
06-05-2013, 05:51 PM
If they don't get support request complaining, it won't change. If everyone that accidentally purchased one emailed, it would probably get changed. But who will take the time to email sts over 1 Plat? This guy. That's who.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Zeus
06-05-2013, 05:55 PM
If they don't get support request complaining, it won't change. If everyone that accidentally purchased one emailed, it would probably get changed. But who will take the time to email sts over 1 Plat? This guy. That's who.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

I do it as well. I know it's cheap, but I hate it when I lost platinum over silly reasons. Then again, I'm also the same guy who will purchase 5 of the same rings on PL because I felt too lazy to transfer a ring from a character I didn't use.

Zanpakuto
06-06-2013, 01:43 AM
I just blew 8 plat on xp elixor even though I'm 31... lame!!!

DexterityX
06-06-2013, 04:14 AM
I just blew 8 plat on xp elixor even though I'm 31... lame!!!

same as me lol. hi five!

but luckily.. i got my refund. :)

wowdah
06-06-2013, 11:42 AM
I think it shud be that u tap twice to buy, but not a confirm tab. U can be in a run, double tap fast, without any problemo

Raven434
06-06-2013, 02:01 PM
All plat purchases should have confirmations. Anything else is an underhanded attempt to separate you from your platinum. PERIOD.

zweixii
06-06-2013, 03:31 PM
This would be nice, something we been asking for quite awhile. Another victim on losing plats on those instant revives.

NaughtyByNature
06-06-2013, 04:38 PM
+1 They should respect that players show loyalty to game buy purchasing plat and have decency to prevent it being wasted due to lack of safeguards.