PDA

View Full Version : Mage PvP Help

wolf17
06-05-2013, 07:06 PM
It seems that my playing style isnt working at all in pvp. :(
Ive seen super pro mages at pvp, but im not comparing me to them. At lv21 i have 167 damage and 180 dps. cant really find any other equips in the auction that beats mine. And still my stats are 180/120 (k/d)
This is how i do it, i first run around with shield just in case of a one-shot rouge. then use fireball to stun and lightning. at that point i use normal attack and uncharged skills all the cd finishes. I usally charged heal when possible unless im in desperate need of heal. As far as i know, this only works with the noobs of all classes. And usually right after i finnish a kill, an avrage/pro player would just come and finnish me off. Want to see how other mages get there kills in pvp. :tickled_pink:

Alhuntrazeck
06-05-2013, 08:50 PM
My kdr is 200/700 :(
someone teach me how to get moar kills and less deaths pleaaaaaassssssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Energizeric
06-06-2013, 12:00 AM
180/120 k/d rate is pretty good and is much better than average. I don't know what you are expecting but I'd say you are doing pretty good. I tend to not wander around with my shield as then it will run out when you need it. I keep my finger on the shield charged and then activate it as soon as I engage in battle. But other than that I have the same skill set as you do and I approach it the same way.

Here's a couple of tips:

When fighting a warrior, kite him. Stay away and try to circle around him if in the flag room or spawn room. If in a hallway, just run and keep shooting him and hope he follows. If he stops chasing you, then stop running and still keep the distance but keep shooting. If he runs, then you chase after him and keep the distance still.

When fighting a rogue, crowd the rogue and keep hitting him/her with everything you got. Don't give the rogue any space. Their aimed shot must be aimed and won't work well if you are right on top of them. Keep them crowded.

wolf17
06-06-2013, 08:50 AM
I don't run around with the shield, just keeping it charged. I've tried that tip for rouges (semipros-pros) before but every time I try their heal always heals them till my shield runs out and then kills me with the aim shot. And the some wars just have sooooooo much hp and is like impossible to kill.

jb57542
06-06-2013, 11:50 AM
I don't run around with the shield, just keeping it charged. I've tried that tip for rouges (semipros-pros) before but every time I try their heal always heals them till my shield runs out and then kills me with the aim shot. And the some wars just have sooooooo much hp and is like impossible to kill.

A lot of times if rogues can reach those health packs the fight becomes a toss up. Typically rogue vs mage fight is a shootout and last 5-10 secs. Keep in mind you have a heal reserved as well once you get low after shield breaks use it and charge fireball again because the 7 sec stun immunity should be up by this point.

When I fight warriors I feel like I'm a small fighter jet taking down a large carrier. You have to keep hitting them with everything u have, if they use horn take the chance to charge you're next skill or heal until the green invulnerability is gone then start over. Also keep away from the big guns and be sure to stun them if they are close and use whirlwind which will help u get out or range without them following. I have the hardest time killing a warrior mainly because of their OP ability to heal with relatively short cool downs. When fighting a warrior with Axe throw use corners to snag yourself own and if you do get pulled in be sure to send them a charged fireball to the face as a thank you gift.

wolf17
06-07-2013, 02:57 PM
:/ I don't have wirlwind in my skill set. I'm primarily trying to find away to get fast 1v1 kill using my skills i have now against rouges. I try to kill them before my shield ends, but that doesn't really happen that often, seeing them with their heal packs. i can kill wars sometimes, but rouges just have way too much damage on aimshot and kills my shield right after the 2 secs. I've looked at some Mages with dmg at 153 with pet, but have way better k/dr at somewhere like 300/150. And i when into pvp with them, and they kill rouges almost instantly. I know im doing something wrong, but don't know what still.

will0
06-07-2013, 06:35 PM
:/ I don't have wirlwind in my skill set. I'm primarily trying to find away to get fast 1v1 kill using my skills i have now against rouges. I try to kill them before my shield ends, but that doesn't really happen that often, seeing them with their heal packs. i can kill wars sometimes, but rouges just have way too much damage on aimshot and kills my shield right after the 2 secs. I've looked at some Mages with dmg at 153 with pet, but have way better k/dr at somewhere like 300/150. And i when into pvp with them, and they kill rouges almost instantly. I know im doing something wrong, but don't know what still.

I wish mage shield have "reflect" properties like alpha wolf it will be better than invulnerability and it takes too long to cooldown

katish
06-08-2013, 04:58 AM
With rogue the drill is charged shield -> fb -> lightning -> auto attack until stun is out -> slag arcane to stun again -> repeat -> rogue dead. U have to trap them in a lockout.

if u see them trowing the health packs pull the fight away from the green things. Make the rogue chase you.

like I said, this works 99% of the time - tehre are some pro rogues that can use the pierce skill very well to avoid fb stun.. but those are exceptions not the rule imo.