PDA

View Full Version : Tank bear build and skill discussion

LovingLu
06-06-2013, 02:06 AM
Hi, I am playing my bear, now it is lvl75, heading to lvl76.

I want to discussion how to be a tank bear in PVE:

1. Str/Dex or full Str, Which is better?
Now I am str/dex, but I will try full Str when I capped.
2. 2H weapon or 1H+shield?
Hard to say, I prefer 1H+shield. Anyone playing 2H can give your suggestion
3. Skills suggestion?
Max DODGE skill and DEBUFF skill...

What is your opinion?
:redface::redface::redface:

Rot
06-06-2013, 02:39 AM
If you wish to tank to the max, use full Str. I don't recommend doing it though, you will need better hit% to hit your debuffs. Pure Str in PvP kinda sucks.
All 4 buffs and Hell Scream should be maxed.

Roberto077
06-06-2013, 05:32 AM
150 str and the rest dex with a savage set. All buffs should be maxed

dudetus
06-06-2013, 05:34 AM
In PvE tank is useless if it cannot hit his pulls or stomps to CC effectively. So STR/DEX hybrid is recommended to hit ur skills. I do not know a build as I am a bird guy myself but as a tank CCing is ur thing and u need to hit ur targets in order to do so.

EDIT: Yeah, about gearing. 1H and shield is mostly used because it has the most armor and it's damage is quite good as well. Using a 2H gives u more damage but u loose armor quite a bit and the extra damage isn't worth the armor loss. If u want to do good damage while tanking, u can be a dexbear. Tonyfish (or something like that) is one of the best tanks currently in this game and he is a dexbear. He dishes good amount of damage while still being able to control the mobs.

In the end, there's actually no matter what gear to use as a tanking bear. With good enough skills and knowledge about correctly tanking u can choose the gear what to use. But 1H and shield is the most forgiving gear as it gives the most armor and is thus the most used gear.

Cheenivie
06-06-2013, 06:24 AM
150 str and the rest dex with a savage set. All buffs should be maxed

You need 157 str to be able to equip savage:)

Mage till the end
06-06-2013, 07:51 AM
In PvE tank is useless if it cannot hit his pulls or stomps to CC effectively. So STR/DEX hybrid is recommended to hit ur skills. I do not know a build as I am a bird guy myself but as a tank CCing is ur thing and u need to hit ur targets in order to do so.

EDIT: Yeah, about gearing. 1H and shield is mostly used because it has the most armor and it's damage is quite good as well. Using a 2H gives u more damage but u loose armor quite a bit and the extra damage isn't worth the armor loss. If u want to do good damage while tanking, u can be a dexbear. Tonyfish (or something like that) is one of the best tanks currently in this game and he is a dexbear. He dishes good amount of damage while still being able to control the mobs.

In the end, there's actually no matter what gear to use as a tanking bear. With good enough skills and knowledge about correctly tanking u can choose the gear what to use. But 1H and shield is the most forgiving gear as it gives the most armor and is thus the most used gear.

Isn't tony fish a Mage?

Nihiliste
06-06-2013, 08:32 AM

Tonyfish is a pally...

Roberto077
06-06-2013, 08:44 AM
You need 157 str to be able to equip savage:)

Thought it was less. Beastly is only 145

Sryyoulose
06-06-2013, 08:47 AM
Chill the cs is 2 clicks away.

CrimsonTider
06-06-2013, 09:11 AM
Here is my set-up:

As yo can see, the boulder requires you to almost go pure strength. However, it provides everything a good tank needs, including very good hit% for being almost pure. I should also note, I do not have a ring equipped during this time, this is all strictly stats from attribute points and gear. For PvE only, this is what I recommend.

As far as skills go, it is quite simple: Max out everything with exception of the slashes (1 point each) and restore (not needed as you will dodge quite a bit and have health pots to spam and mage's/rhino's to heal.)

Any other questions, just ask.

Rot
06-06-2013, 09:14 AM
Here is my set-up:

As yo can see, the boulder requires you to almost go pure strength. However, it provides everything a good tank needs, including very good hit% for being almost pure. I should also note, I do not have a ring equipped during this time, this is all strictly stats from attribute points and gear. For PvE only, this is what I recommend.

As far as skills go, it is quite simple: Max out everything with exception of the slashes (1 point each) and restore (not needed as you will dodge quite a bit and have health pots to spam and mage's/rhino's to heal.)

415-450 damage unbuffed! Must be good for 1 combo KOs! ;D

CrimsonTider
06-06-2013, 09:17 AM
415-450 damage unbuffed! Must be good for 1 combo KOs! ;D

And as I said, this is without a ring. Let's just say, when I get a 3x blessing, I can clear just about any map with just beckon/stomp (as long as the mobs aren't in "mega-dodge" mode of course.) ;)

Deathofan
06-06-2013, 11:29 AM
Full strengh savage bears with elite ring and dodge face get 97 dodge buffed, now only if taunt and beckon at lv9 had a __% (70-85ish) chance to guarantee the pull and aggro, then full str bears would be beast.

ThePvpTwink
06-06-2013, 05:21 PM
For pure "tanking" full str gives max health and dodge but comes at the cost of low hit chance and missing combos, in addition to low damage.

For "hit and damage" str/dex is better. Has higher hit chance and damage, but less health and health regen and dodge.

1h and shield is better for armor and survivability and taking damage but less damage.
2h is more killing but less survivability

It depends on what you prefer.

LovingLu
06-06-2013, 08:09 PM
Thx, I read your amazing guide of bear!

If you wish to tank to the max, use full Str. I don't recommend doing it though, you will need better hit% to hit your debuffs. Pure Str in PvP kinda sucks.
All 4 buffs and Hell Scream should be maxed.

LovingLu
06-06-2013, 08:10 PM
Thx, I agree that I need hit% to ccing!

LovingLu
06-06-2013, 08:17 PM
Wow, it is very useful to me, Thank you!

Here is my set-up:

LovingLu
06-06-2013, 08:28 PM
thanks, I would like to try both build and feel the difference.

For pure "tanking" full str gives max health and dodge but comes at the cost of low hit chance and missing combos, in addition to low damage.

For "hit and damage" str/dex is better. Has higher hit chance and damage, but less health and health regen and dodge.

1h and shield is better for armor and survivability and taking damage but less damage.
2h is more killing but less survivability

It depends on what you prefer.