PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on coming timed run challenge

SkyDagger
06-06-2013, 05:59 AM
In my opinion, mostly for this time if you noticed on LB most of them in the LB are much popular already on running each categories:

Well, we say twinks can run more faster on hauntlet run etc. cause more easy mobs for them especially when they got the good gears but there's a con on it. Twinks can't do elite right? . For endgamers, my thoughts who will win on endgamers im pretty sure most of them got already the mythic set with arcane weapon & pet. How about the normal people (people cant buy plat, people doesnt have gold to buy the best elite gears or mythic/arcane) who wants to run the timed run challenges probably 25% chance or not at all?. Probably have a chance :eagerness: wow a "Chance". But how? Well if your lucky you have a friend with full mythic gears, arcane pets/weapon and not just one friend but 3 friend with those gears. But still if you have those friends mostly important part of each run "THE STRATEGY & TEAMWORK OF EACH OTHERS"

Oh well, GOODLUCK to all the people to reach the first place on each run categories. :redface:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

For you, who do you think will managed to win in timed run?

Alhuntrazeck
06-06-2013, 07:49 AM
I thought of trying for wt4 but I guess there isn't a point :/

Athenum
06-06-2013, 10:46 AM
I have to agree with some of the points that Sky pointed out. Players who have mythical or arcane equipment/pets do have a large advantage. Those competing in the timed challenge will be hard pressed to win. Definitely, they will be firmly entrenched. Other players need to obtain the same items to at least level the playing field and make it a true test of teamwork and skill.

However, I do believe that if ever plat users have an advantage, it's a small one. Other than pets, vanities, slots and guildhalls, everything else is attainable by grinding and saving up gold to buy these items in the auction house, yes, at insane prices but doable, nonetheless. If plat users do get mythic or arcane items in locked crates, it's because of a lucky high roll on the loot table when they open it. Almost the same chance as anyone opening an elite gold chest or getting a good drop on a boss. I've seen plat users spend thousands opening crates and get nothing, while others get a mythic opening the second locked crate of the day. To me, it's just the way the die rolls.

I wouldn't say I'm a non plat user. I do buy a bag of plat from time to time to support the game and show the appreciation for it. It's handy for buying inventory slots and instant revives. Most of the time, I'm a grinder. You'd see me farming the various routes for eggs to sell.

But I digress from the topic. I have to admit that it looks like it will be safe to assume that the winners of the event will be mostly mythic/arcane equipped players.

wowdah
06-06-2013, 11:41 AM
I agree, however, timed runs, strategy is a lot more important than mythics and arcane. If u don't have good strategy, but full mythic and arcane gear, it will be still hard to win :)

xcainnblecterx
06-06-2013, 01:35 PM
I thought of trying for wt4 but I guess there isn't a point :/

Actually w4 can be pretty easy with a good party. Since the exit is at the end in the middle, split into groups of 2 one for the left, one for the right. Should go quickly. Some of you may already know that but if not there ya go. I don't plan on doing this competition cause I'm forever alone in al+ trying to lvl up in pl

wvhills
06-06-2013, 02:36 PM
i think the timed runs thing has run its course. I don't know anyone on my friends list or guild who go after them. it was a good idea but u have a handful of players who are really good at it and dominate it and i think it's caused most people to be discouraged to do it. i'm secretly hoping there's minimal participation in this event so the devs will realize not many people do the timed runs. That way they'll be able to do away with them and implement PL's game joining system. As it is now if someone leaves during an elite run no one else can join. This is so u don't have someone come in at the last minute and get on the leaderboards for a timed run he didn't help that much with. Without timed runs we should be able to join games whenever and more people will farm elites.

FluffNStuff
06-06-2013, 03:05 PM
The elixir one is going to be interesting since it will require an inverse strategy on most builds. I am curious to see how players adapt to it.

Teoijio
06-06-2013, 03:20 PM
My only wish is that the winners are the ones who trained and practiced hard for this competition. Their gear and how their got their gear is less important to me. Did they get their high end gear as gifts, pure luck, endless grinding, endless crate opening, merching, putting countless hours into the game --there's no way we could tell so I'm not going to judge. I only hope the winners will truly deserve the win through good old fashioned hard work. There is so much talk in the forums about getting lucky drops, low-drop rate in chests and crates, this competition could be a refreshing shift away from gear and more towards player skills.

H2N
06-06-2013, 04:59 PM
Oh well, GOODLUCK to all the people to reach the first place on each run categories. :redface:

The Hauntlet Pure and Hautlet Enhanced LB has 25 places each, so being in the top 25 for these 2 LB will earn you a chance.

Bless
06-06-2013, 06:07 PM

The Hauntlet Pure and Hautlet Enhanced LB has 25 places each, so being in the top 25 for these 2 LB will earn you a chance. one question, tho it sounds stupid: If you are on Lb but get knocked off the day before do you still get a chance for mythic ring?

Ik stupid question...^^

H2N
06-06-2013, 06:27 PM
one question, tho it sounds stupid: If you are on Lb but get knocked off the day before do you still get a chance for mythic ring?

Ik stupid question...^^

No. Only the ones on the 6 timed runs LBs at the time the servers come down on Monday for the update will be eligible.

SkyDagger
06-07-2013, 01:02 AM
The Hauntlet Pure and Hautlet Enhanced LB has 25 places each, so being in the top 25 for these 2 LB will earn you a chance.

Forgot about it . Thanks H2N :)

Obi
06-07-2013, 03:09 AM

I guess that the most of it will be occupied by the same person(s) that improves their runs by a fraction of a second..

Friufi
06-07-2013, 04:09 AM
If you look at the timed LBs for all maps, you will see that those who top the list will be arcane/mythic all rogue team or 3-rogue, 1-mage team. In fact, there are even 3-rogue or 2-rogue teams topping the times for certain maps.

Any warriors in the list?

Just another line of STS updates and events that "kills" warrior players. Not to mention that well-geared players have more chances of winning better gear, while the average players can only watch and drool. The gulf between these two groups will only grow bigger.

Great work, STS. You guys always find ways to ensure that the warrior class will always be 3rd-class citizens in AL.

SkyDagger
06-07-2013, 04:33 AM
I guess that the most of it will be occupied by the same person(s) that improves their runs by a fraction of a second..

If you look at the timed LBs for all maps, you will see that those who top the list will be arcane/mythic all rogue team or 3-rogue, 1-mage team. In fact, there are even 3-rogue or 2-rogue teams topping the times for certain maps.

Just another line of STS updates and events that "kills" warrior players. Not to mention that well-geared players have more chances of winning better gear, while the average players can only watch and drool. The gulf between these two groups will only grow bigger.

Great work, STS. You guys always find ways to ensure that the warrior class will always be 3rd-class citizens in AL.

Agreed on those ^

Alhuntrazeck
06-07-2013, 05:34 AM

warriors are necessary, and have enough rights to cancel out the wrongs. Unlike mages. But I digress.

Spects
06-07-2013, 07:06 AM
Regarding hauntlets:
A full arcane/mythic team stands no chance vs lvl 15-17 twinks atm. Even 21,26 'twinks' with the best respective gear get creamed by them.
Why? Because the hauntlet balancing is incosistent. Since the nordr update hauntlet difficulty scales up to the next cap (for lvl 21+ scaled up to 26 difficulty, for lvl 26+ scaled up to 31)
except for lvl 15-17 twinks. Be consistent devs and raise difficulty for lvl 15-17 toons like you did for lvl 21+.
This would guarantee a fair competition.

Limsi
06-07-2013, 07:25 AM
Regarding hauntlets:
A full arcane/mythic team stands no chance vs lvl 15-17 twinks atm. Even 21,26 'twinks' with the best respective gear get creamed by them.
Why? Because the hauntlet balancing is incosistent. Since the nordr update hauntlet difficulty scales up to the next cap (for lvl 21+ scaled up to 26 difficulty, for lvl 26+ scaled up to 31)
except for lvl 15-17 twinks. Be consistent devs and raise difficulty for lvl 15-17 toons like you did for lvl 21+.

Agreed.

Zuzeq
06-07-2013, 09:20 AM
i think the timed runs thing has run its course. I don't know anyone on my friends list or guild who go after them. it was a good idea but u have a handful of players who are really good at it and dominate it and i think it's caused most people to be discouraged to do it. i'm secretly hoping there's minimal participation in this event so the devs will realize not many people do the timed runs. That way they'll be able to do away with them and implement PL's game joining system. As it is now if someone leaves during an elite run no one else can join. This is so u don't have someone come in at the last minute and get on the leaderboards for a timed run he didn't help that much with. Without timed runs we should be able to join games whenever and more people will farm elites.

I def agreed with your points. I would love to see more players farming elite like a straight up zombies like my guldies and I. I think a small change wouldn't be hard. K so you know when you pop in a elite map and the placard comes up showing the times and all that. A one line question "Would you like to play a timed run" and two sinple buttons "yes" or "no" can be added to that. You hit no and it PL all day, where ppl can join anytime. Hit yes and it's the norm. After saying all that....sorry....but I'm going to try and kill it this weekend....lol (: After that I'm with 100% HillZ!

Yuri Ramos
06-07-2013, 09:44 AM
This is an event for rogues. Lets just accept that and move on.

Zuzeq
06-07-2013, 11:24 AM

Eh...IDK. My Fastest Nord elite run had one Tank, Mage, AssassinX2. If a Tank equips Champion/Noble gear or better with a Entombed Hammer of Warfare he/she would def not be "dead weight". As for crypts...well...yeah...but what do I know. I think I was on the LB for like a couple hours....once....lol.

drgrimmy
06-07-2013, 12:06 PM
I def agreed with your points. I would love to see more players farming elite like a straight up zombies like my guldies and I. I think a small change wouldn't be hard. K so you know when you pop in a elite map and the placard comes up showing the times and all that. A one line question "Would you like to play a timed run" and two sinple buttons "yes" or "no" can be added to that. You hit no and it PL all day, where ppl can join anytime. Hit yes and it's the norm. After saying all that....sorry....but I'm going to try and kill it this weekend....lol (: After that I'm with 100% HillZ!

Yep. I don't see why this can't be done. This would make the game so much better for the 99% of players out there. I suggested a similar thing, like a check box on the party page to disable timers, but I think one on the placard when you join a map is an excellent solution.

True, or perhaps "this is a game for rogues, lets just accept that and more on." I have pretty much come to terms with this since the begining of season two. I personally got my timed run flags from season one and have not really made any serious attempts to get on the timed run leaderboards since then. In my oppinion a waste of time unless you are that lucky mage who gets invited to a team of 3 rogues. Rogues with 3000 hp, 1000 armor and a good amount of dodge on top of massive single target and aoe damage just don't need warriors or mages. It was much better in season one when int and dex did not contribute to health. A full dex rogue was very fragile and could not do an elite timed run without a good warrior to aggro the mobs. It is no secret why a majority of the leaderboard players from season one who were mages or warriors switched their main toon to a rogue. More balance needs to be brought back into the game if such a big deal is going to be made of timed runs. I know some of you are going to disagree (and I know who you are :)), but this is just my opinion.

katish
06-07-2013, 04:07 PM
Rogues with 3000 hp, 1000 armor and a good amount of dodge on top of massive single target and aoe damage just don't need warriors or mages.

That's what I've been saying!

Rogues are *not* balanced when compared to warriors and sorceres. It just baffles me that sts doesn't acknowledge that and do something about it!

Simply put, if one class really excels at somethign, there should be a weakness somewhere else. This is not the case with rogues.

Warriors have massive health and armor and poor damage to compensate. This is balanced. Mages have average damage and poor health and armor, not balanced. Rogues have massive damage and average health and armor + dodge and crit, not balanced.

Spects
06-07-2013, 04:17 PM
Regarding hauntlets:
Please look at this devs. We are talking about 50 (!) potential spots (banners/prices) that will go to a small minority of players (lvl 15-16) . They benefit from inconsistent and flawed balancing.
Maybe it`s too late anyways...

Zuzeq
06-07-2013, 04:19 PM
That's what I've been saying!

Rogues are *not* balanced when compared to warriors and sorceres. It just baffles me that sts doesn't acknowledge that and do something about it!

Simply put, if one class really excels at somethign, there should be a weakness somewhere else. This is not the case with rogues.

Warriors have massive health and armor and poor damage to compensate. This is balanced. Mages have average damage and poor health and armor, not balanced. Rogues have massive damage and average health and armor + dodge and crit, not balanced.

All in the gear. I have seen Mages...2800 HP/4500 Mana pool and Tanks 5000+ HP/250+ DmG. It's called elite pink equips and Mythic equips. My stats were trash until I opened my wallet. Only way to be "balanced" is to spend the same amount of real money/plat as top players. The DeVs will never say "HEY, you guys stop giving us money so the mass can catch up" or "You will no longer have to pay for or gamble for top equips". At the end of the day, you get the stats you **PAY** for. Sad but true...

drgrimmy
06-07-2013, 04:45 PM
All in the gear. I have seen Mages...2800 HP/4500 Mana pool and Tanks 5000+ HP/250+ DmG. It's called elite pink equips and Mythic equips. My stats were trash until I opened my wallet. Only way to be "balanced" is to spend the same amount of real money/plat as top players. The DeVs will never say "HEY, you guys stop giving us money so the mass can catch up" or "You will no longer have to pay for or gamble for top equips". At the end of the day, you get the stats you **PAY** for. Sad but true...

Yes, gear makes a huge difference, but a full mythic mage has health around 2500 and armor slightly over 800.
Any mage with a health of 3000 or even a health of 2800 is making a sacrifice in terms of the damage. Furthermore,
the gear to get your health and armor up is actually relatively cheap. This is far from the 3000 health and 1000
armor that I see most top geared rogues with. To top it off they have dodge which makes their effective health
much higher. Since they have the highest damage output doesn't it make sense that there should be a tradeoff?

Cero
06-07-2013, 05:35 PM
yea, we all know theyre trying so hard to fix this issue every cap raise or new gears added But still not enough.

n19one
06-07-2013, 08:22 PM
An event for rogue who hav mythic / arcane gears i think.. I hav all d best legendary equip lvl 31 which i got from longtime hard work. But it is nothing compared to those who uses full mythic party. I will pass this since this event is for plats user

katish
06-08-2013, 04:52 AM
Zuzeq, what Grimmy said..

Don't get me wrong - if you can't beat them, join them. So I have a rogue, cap lvl, good pink gear - and a mage, even with better gear than my rogue, I can really tell the difference, I'm not just flaming here.

Just try and run past mobs in elite with a mage and with a rogue, you'll see the difference.

Spects
06-08-2013, 07:52 AM
Nice job devs with the flawed hauntlet balancing! As expected all spots taken by lvl 15 runners (who have multiple times).
Ran hauntlet with fully mythic group earlier today and could barely scratch the 1.30 mark as opposed to twinks oneshotting their
way to <1min times.
Limit or don`t hand out mythic rings to these guys... . Potentially 50 spots wasted due to no fair competition.
Remember STS, you generate most of your revenue with endgamers who open the most crates. And what did you do? Favor twinks... .

Njsl1ck
06-08-2013, 09:29 AM
Well, hello to OP rogues in pvp then.

Njsl1ck
06-08-2013, 09:31 AM
Nice job devs with the flawed hauntlet balancing! As expected all spots taken by lvl 15 runners (who have multiple times).
Ran hauntlet with fully mythic group earlier today and could barely scratch the 1.30 mark as opposed to twinks oneshotting their
way to <1min times.
Limit or don`t hand out mythic rings to these guys... . Potentially 50 spots wasted due to no fair competition.
Remember STS, you generate most of your revenue with endgamers who open the most crates. And what did you do? Favor twinks... .

Try elite then. ;)

Njsl1ck
06-08-2013, 09:34 AM
An event for rogue who hav mythic / arcane gears i think.. I hav all d best legendary equip lvl 31 which i got from longtime hard work. But it is nothing compared to those who uses full mythic party. I will pass this since this event is for plats user
Not really coz a lot of people use plat but still can't beat the time.

Bless
06-08-2013, 10:09 AM
The crypts are very doable with a full mythic/arcane team, maybe even a normal team from the looks of it

Zuzeq
06-10-2013, 11:17 AM
Yes, gear makes a huge difference, but a full mythic mage has health around 2500 and armor slightly over 800.
Any mage with a health of 3000 or even a health of 2800 is making a sacrifice in terms of the damage. Furthermore,
the gear to get your health and armor up is actually relatively cheap. This is far from the 3000 health and 1000
armor that I see most top geared rogues with. To top it off they have dodge which makes their effective health
much higher. Since they have the highest damage output doesn't it make sense that there should be a tradeoff?

Oh there is a trade off brother. Prime example, I'm full Mythis (no amulet anymore) and my HP tops at 2600, DmG 291 (308 with Talon). My farming friend Hallun (full Mythic Mage) HP 2900, DmG 365 (w/Clyde), Mana 4300 and 900 Armor. Where is the trade off there? Like I stated...it's all in the gear. Everyone has a trade off...everyone....some are able to make up for that tarde off with top top gear...

Darko
06-10-2013, 03:06 PM
Twinking is ridiculous and ruining the game...lets award level 31 items to lvl 16 players., there should be two lbs, those at 30/31 thoese at everything else... my new twink I created just to mess around, sinkholex is 62-0... in pvp..lol .takes no skill and ruining lbs....and also this is a gsme for rogues plain and simple...can warrior get a dot skill??? Can mage we made a little faster in leg department...can rogues be a little less op...

Bless
06-10-2013, 03:20 PM
Twinking is ridiculous and ruining the game...lets award level 31 items to lvl 16 players., there should be two lbs, those at 30/31 thoese at everything else... my new twink I created just to mess around, sinkholex is 62-0... in pvp..lol .takes no skill and ruining lbs....and also this is a gsme for rogues plain and simple...can warrior get a dot skill??? Can mage we made a little faster in leg department...can rogues be a little less op... yah agree on sep lb but its unlikely as there would then have to be lb for all lvls.

And play with me or friends, the 62-0 will probs turn into a negative kd