PDA

View Full Version : Auto Attack -> Canceled when player moves?

FeralDruid
04-08-2010, 11:57 AM
I've noticed that I'm dropping auto-attack when I have to chase down a mob because I've lost aggro. Is this a feature of the game? Traditionally, as long as I'm within striking distance, auto-attack should continue to attack if I'm moving or not.

I'm noticing I have to manually attack when chasing down a mob.

Cinco
04-08-2010, 12:44 PM
Yes - the game will stop Auto Attack when you move the virtual joystick or when you tap on a new location in tap-to-move mode.
Are the mobs leashing? (i.e. Are they running back to their home position?) or are they running after other members of your party?
If the mobs are 'leashing,' the Auto Attack will not fully re-engage until the mob has returned home and is ready to fight again. If the mob is attacking your friend - Auto Attack should move you into proper range, etc. (unless something is not working properly, obviously :))

Let me know any further data you can provide. We'll definitely be looking into how to make Auto Attack (movement, aggro, and leashing behaviors) better in the future.
Thanks!

- Cinco

saucepolicy
04-09-2010, 10:41 PM
If the mobs are 'leashing,' the Auto Attack will not fully re-engage until the mob has returned home and is ready to fight again. If the mob is attacking your friend - Auto Attack should move you into proper range, etc. (unless something is not working properly, obviously :)) - Cinco

I would personally love to see some kind of user feedback displayed when mobs are leashing. Palette shift, some kind of particle effect, whatever. It took me awhile to figure out what was happening and can still be pretty frustrating. I see a lot of fellow players chasing after them while active mobs are kicking the crap out of us. :)

As an aside, I work with Hal, he says "hi." He caught me playing PL in my office today...I've been very skeptical of MMOs on the iPhone (Watchmen left a particularly bad taste in my mouth) but you actually pulled it off. Congrats!