PDA

View Full Version : Key suggestions

liujin86
04-29-2010, 01:39 AM
Hey everybody I'm new to forum and firstly I want to say that the guys at Spacetime studios are doing a great job and their effort shows.

I have really enjoyed playing this game, and these are not so much criticisms as they are ideas on how to improve the overall experience:

1.) Framerate
I use the ipad to play and from my experience the framerate sometimes drops. Understandably this will depend on the amount of content on the screen, however i find that even while soloing the framerate gets choppy even with a couple of monsters on the screen. If there is a way for us to toggle the graphics detail maybe we can improve this framerate. Or maybe the developers can simplify textures for monsters (I don't really care about that amount of detail) while improving detail on our characters (so that high level loot looks even more awesome). I think this would especially help when there are 6-7 monsters on the screen, a reduction in detail for each monster would multiply across the screen and result in higher framerate. This would be a trade-off I'd be happy to accept.

2.) Items
The most important change I recommend to is to add more item slots! I want gloves, boots, pants, rings, amulets, g-strings, the works! I realize that it takes a lot of work to balance the items as to not make the game too easy, however we want more variety. Farming is the RPG equivalent to heroine, we can never get enough. And right now we only have 4 item slots, its too limiting.

Items should be more unique, and provide more than just stat boosts.

I would like to see benefits such as haste, skill bonuses, permanent auras to buff or debuff, and maybe physical speed boosts or other abilities. I think the list is almost endless as to the different abilities we can add to items. Maybe have some ultra high level items that add unique skills that no class has.

Please change the loot drop system. Sometimes killing a little monster will drop a pink item, whereas clearing out a full room of mobs with boss will net in nothing. There should be balance, I want to see a direct correlation between difficulty and reward.

3.) Combat
Try to make combat more rewarding and interesting. Being a level 30 archer I can say the game gets pretty boring. Every time I encounter monsters its really the same cycle of skills. The only thing keeping me going is farming for items.

Please create challenges that require more teamwork, give greater rewards (uber loot), and sense of accomplishment. Sure the grind should be there to get to level 30 but there should be more end game content.

One idea i have is to create a challenge map that requires a group of 4-5 people to join before the challenge starts. You could have a defend type map that requires your group to survive wave after wave of enemies. And loot would be better and better for the later wave of more difficult enemies.

Also the combo system is very nice, maybe we can improve on it by making more combos. In addition to 2 step combos, maybe we can make 3 or 4 step combos that result in buff/debuff or damage.

Just my 2 cents, I think some of these changes could be quick to implement while other ideas would require a lot more work.

Joesmo
04-29-2010, 10:31 AM
I think this would especially help when there are 6-7 monsters on the screen, a reduction in detail for each monster would multiply across the screen and result in higher framerate. This would be a trade-off I'd be happy to accept.

Of the three suggestions the framrate is the only original and useful idea. As I play on wifi and connection can be bad bringing up the framrate even a tiny bit is important. To your second point adding more items is defiantly not the most important change. The game already has a large variety of items. The dev's will hopefully focus there attention on more important topics. As for your third point its already been discussed and rediscussed too many times. Not to insult your idea, I just dont feel like going over it again.