PDA

View Full Version : Rogue - Malison vs Ripmaw

ArcanePlayz
06-06-2013, 04:36 PM
I am using malison atm but i am not sure if i should buy ripmaw when it comes out again. Any suggestions?

Spyce
06-06-2013, 05:51 PM
I personally like Malison's stats.

Bless
06-06-2013, 06:01 PM
Malison, ripmaw has always been a warrior pet.

Yunfehn
06-06-2013, 10:55 PM
Depends. i use both for different purpose. I am hybrid rogue myself. So, if i vs against pure dex rogue, ill use malison. if i vs against hybrid rogue, then ill go with ripmaw (every rogue got their own tactic wise anyway).

hotpimp
06-07-2013, 12:39 AM
^?
Mally.

Yunfehn
06-07-2013, 01:55 AM
Sorry for my bad english, i mean hybrid stats rogue ._.
cuz at level 14 below hybrid stats rogue kinda trending now.
and yes, malison is the best choice for rogue :)

Alfai
06-07-2013, 03:58 AM
Pretty much depending on your gameplay, style and opponent/situation.

My 2cents if it helps:

1. Mali-the thing about mali is not so much of its arcane ability but it provides boost to overall stats for better attack/def and survivability.handy when fighting skilled rogues, or even 1vs 1.its a pet that can adapt in various combat situation.

2. Ribbit-crit chance.some rogue use it for 1v1 to increase chance for critial damage.this is likely used for specific situation.

3.nexus/mccraw-mana provider when there is no healer.cn switch to refill mana and switch back to other pets.not much increase in stata but usable still.

4.slag-popular for its arcane stun buff.handy when fighting tanks, butvotherwise if your opponent using slag too.not much increase in stats its known for its arcane ability.u r a god if no one else using it and u r at the edge of death if the opposite team petting em too.

5.ripmaw-seems work better with tanks than rogues.problem is all these mhytic/arcane pets are heavily relying on its arcane ability.if u have quickhands to tapcseveral button in intense combat then you can put it for good use.

wvhills
06-07-2013, 08:28 AM
malison has no damage bonus. Go with kettle instead. For instance, my damage with malison is 273.2. My damage with kettle is 270.2 then ADD his 10% damage bonus and my damage is 292.2 with kettle. 27 damage is significant especially when u consider it added to ur skill damage. If ur going to spend 250 plat on a mythic pet and ur a rogue then you should def get slag instead of ripmaw. My damage with slag is also 270.2 then add a 12% damage bonus and i'm close to 300.

Even loki is better than malison. My damage with loki is 2601 but then add 15% bonus damage and I'm right at 300.
Wrathjaw is good too.

GoodSyntax
06-07-2013, 09:19 AM
I agree, Loki is an overlooked pet for Rogues. I wouldn't say he is better than Malison because Mali is so versatile and provides a lot of extra dodge (at the cost of DMG).

Loki's Arcane grants DEX and HP, happiness bonus gives 15% DMG and mana regen, so he is a good pet to have in your stable. He is third in my pet rotation (Mali, Wrathjaw, Loki).

I tend to think that Ribbit is an overused pet for Rogues. His only usefulness is for 3 seconds out of 30, and his other stats are better suited for Warriors, yet I see a lot of Rogues with him - much to their detriment if they cannot land a Crit Aimed Shot. Having a Warrior or Sorc around to Shield or Stun completely negates Ribbit usage.

I keep wanting to purchase Slag, but I just don't think that his stats justify the high plat cost - especially when Mali provides better stats overall (other than the DMG bonus).

wvhills
06-07-2013, 10:23 AM
I agree, Loki is an overlooked pet for Rogues. I wouldn't say he is better than Malison because Mali is so versatile and provides a lot of extra dodge (at the cost of DMG).

Loki's Arcane grants DEX and HP, happiness bonus gives 15% DMG and mana regen, so he is a good pet to have in your stable. He is third in my pet rotation (Mali, Wrathjaw, Loki).

I tend to think that Ribbit is an overused pet for Rogues. His only usefulness is for 3 seconds out of 30, and his other stats are better suited for Warriors, yet I see a lot of Rogues with him - much to their detriment if they cannot land a Crit Aimed Shot. Having a Warrior or Sorc around to Shield or Stun completely negates Ribbit usage.

I keep wanting to purchase Slag, but I just don't think that his stats justify the high plat cost - especially when Mali provides better stats overall (other than the DMG bonus).

the big advantage with slag is that his arcane ability causes panic. This is separate from a stun so if ur opponent was just stunned slag's panic will still work. I try to save his arcane for when I'm getting teamed and need to get away. Sometimes I can panic my enemies for long enough to make a quick get a way.

GoodSyntax
06-07-2013, 11:28 AM
I wish we could trade hatched pets, or perhaps rent for a few plat (to use in one map).

I want to try Slag, but don't want to be disappointed after spending 250 plat. I can't tell you how much buyers remorse I have from buying Snowball. If I could have done a single map with Snowball prior to purchase, I guarantee that he wouldn't be in my stable right now...