PDA

View Full Version : Found It Why AL Lags!

Lipky
06-07-2013, 02:25 AM
Hi guys many ppl has experienced problems when you warp somewhere it takes about 25sec to load after entering The ping rises continuously even up to 50000. I found it why it takes too time to load and why ping goes up and come down.The problem is the much inactive guild members when the ping goes up check your guild members page below it tells the number of guild members when the ping goes up it means its counting the number of members when my ping gone up I saw it the guildmembers go up like -100.....200....300.....400 and many members=ping goes up much. So,I would suggest a system it can kick guild members inactive for 5-10 days.

Thank You!

DocDoBig
06-07-2013, 06:57 AM
Yes the more guild members/friends/requests the more lag.

I explained it somewhere but it got deleted.

joshtheboss
06-07-2013, 08:11 AM
5-10 days isn't a lot of time...

Rare
06-07-2013, 08:28 AM
hmmmm rather than an auto kick, if this is actually the case, I would consider it a major bug. It would be best if the problem was fixed or an alternate method was used to count guild members that doesn't create bottle neck. Although, I can't see any reason that AL would be constantly counting guild members.

Lalarie
06-07-2013, 09:17 AM
Yes the more guild members/friends/requests the more lag.

I explained it somewhere but it got deleted.

*Goes to delete all 500 friends*

DocDoBig
06-07-2013, 09:34 AM
Yes, The more pending Friend Requests / Friends / Guild members , the more lag.

Recently we came across an issue with some un-capped lists: Friend's List, Ignore List, Guild Size, stuff like that. Right now, we don't cap the upper limit of how many friends you can have, or guild members you can have. In general, this works out pretty well, but, like a lot of things in life, there are those few edge cases. You know, the guy that sends friend requests to anyone he sees and has like 6,000 friends. Or, the silly developer (me in this case) who accepts any friend requests (cause I you all!) and winds up with even more friends.

This becomes a problem when the list size is soooo huge that when trying to access it (like open your Friend's List) it basically lags your game out. Even worse is the huge Guild List - trying to open it becomes a problem and using it is even worse.

[...]

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?51844-How-big-of-a-Friend-s-List-is-too-big&highlight=Guild+Members

Lipky
06-07-2013, 09:49 AM
It wont lags not only In counting loading of friends and guild members

Lipky
06-07-2013, 09:53 AM
Also it will be fixed or can be made as guild master can make that inactive kick days the guild masters can set the days to kick the members by default 10days