PDA

View Full Version : 2013-06-07 Content Update (122601)

H2N
06-07-2013, 03:34 PM
Double Elixir Power Weekend! Damage and Armor Elixirs are doubled in power!
The Timed Run Leaderboard Challenge is on! Be on the a timed run leaderboards when the event ends on Monday and you will win a unique vanity banner and be entered to win an awesome Mythic Ring!
Ripmaw and Hammerjaw now have a new attack unlocked at level 30.

SuRfY
06-07-2013, 03:36 PM
Woot!

Kakatoa91
06-07-2013, 03:37 PM
Thx for the boost. Big help

Zeus
06-07-2013, 03:38 PM
Thanks, H2N for taking my suggestion regarding RipMaw and HammerJaw into consideration! :)

Alicegail :)
06-07-2013, 03:42 PM
Yehey :p

Luzzac
06-07-2013, 03:42 PM
pointless without free respec...

Zuzeq
06-07-2013, 03:48 PM
Well done

Oraceanid
06-07-2013, 03:49 PM
The Timed Run Leaderboard Challenge is on! Be on the a timed run leaderboards when the event ends on Monday and you will win a unique vanity banner and be entered to win an awesome Mythic Ring!

What is the new attack? As the first mythic pet I hope this makes it better or as good as SLAG for PVP.

shadikiller
06-07-2013, 03:52 PM
ty for ripmaw..mine is lvl 31 and seems useless ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

JaytB
06-07-2013, 03:53 PM
Although I don't own any of the mentioned pets, it's only fair they got updated. Good job!

Double armor and damage sounds sweet too :D

okahef
06-07-2013, 03:55 PM
great more stuns in PvP lol

tokinirish
06-07-2013, 03:55 PM
Will the leaboards be different for elixer runs and non elixer runs or is it all the same?

azbestwarior
06-07-2013, 03:59 PM
oki Nice im want play:D

Oraceanid
06-07-2013, 04:01 PM
I hope its really improved. I use it for PVE but I would say I use it as much as Malison, wrathjaw, ribbit . Speacial Mythic I would say no. I see SLAG in PVP and thats a mythic pet. I really hope this change now makes it mythic...

H2N
06-07-2013, 04:03 PM
Will the leaboards be different for elixer runs and non elixer runs or is it all the same?

Different.

Oraceanid
06-07-2013, 04:07 PM
Different.

What's the new attack??

Darko
06-07-2013, 04:09 PM
What about glacian at lvl 30 : ( no triple spire? Its only arcane pet with no love

Spyce
06-07-2013, 04:10 PM
Heck yes!

Lady_Pebbles
06-07-2013, 04:10 PM
Heres a screenie of his new ability at lvl30... (attached). View the passive section.

Also, Sam did the devs fix Ripmaw's bug? Previously, I noticed he stopped knocking enemies back in PvE & PvP.

JaytB
06-07-2013, 04:14 PM
You guys forgot to mention the price is doubled too.

Darko
06-07-2013, 04:18 PM
I like it only issue is all the rogues will win the time trails, how its always been.....watch a team of four op hook users will become more op cause they will win rings.... can we have a warrior contest, how many in a mob can u kill without dying.....

Taejo
06-07-2013, 04:45 PM
I like it only issue is all the rogues will win the time trails, how its always been.....watch a team of four op hook users will become more op cause they will win rings.... can we have a warrior contest, how many in a mob can u kill without dying.....

It's true, most of the LB folks will be rogues. I just hope the ring is being rewarded isn't a 1-time deal for just this event. That would be a huge downer for most players who have no chance at getting it.

Darko
06-07-2013, 05:37 PM
It's true, most of the LB folks will be rogues. I just hope the ring is being rewarded isn't a 1-time deal for just this event. That would be a huge downer for most players who have no chance at getting it.

Agree with you, the all mythic rogues will now become more deadly, its sad a warrior can only compete with a top mythic rogue if hes arcane...and full mythic..warrior is only class without dot attacks and no 250% crit.....again my lvl 16 rogue does more damage and can finish levels faster than my lvl31 arcane mmythic warrior.... come on sts that's ridiculous

euromikeym
06-07-2013, 05:49 PM

The price of what is doubled?

Njsl1ck
06-07-2013, 07:09 PM
Agree with you here, and for sorcs; how many mobs can u kill before time expires :P

kateku
06-07-2013, 10:13 PM
Yeah what warrior do at the moment is see how rouge challenge for time run. If lucky you might be in a team. Now mythic ring is so overpower, do dev still want players that can't get those item to continue playing? It's not that they don't plat it's that they spend and still not get. So the gap between getting mythic items and those that had no luck to get is bigger. I hope you can balance out the game as more and more players are upset. Sincerely hope that dev will see and address it.

Rare
06-07-2013, 10:20 PM

That's classic

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

chitgoks
06-07-2013, 10:31 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/08/5unu4e6a.jpg

lol.. ghost town ..

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

chitgoks
06-07-2013, 10:42 PM
Agree with you here, and for sorcs; how many mobs can u kill before time expires :P

what about sorc? how many mobs can u kill before you die lol. weak armor ...

Taejo
06-07-2013, 10:50 PM
Wow, the contest is off to a great start. LB is 70% level 15 twink rogues. Great contest.

Linkincena
06-08-2013, 01:15 AM
Rogues will be winners for sure.. they speedy ..
No place for sorcerers... So i wont be participating..

Zuzeq
06-08-2013, 01:42 AM
Can we look again? Elite map times have Mages and Tanks all over it. My team has all classes (one rogue). Just cut it out already...

Taejo
06-08-2013, 01:48 AM
Can we look again? Elite map times have Mages and Tanks all over it. My team has all classes (one rogue). Just cut it out already...

I looked. I see rogues.

Linkincena
06-08-2013, 03:32 AM
I looked. I see rogues.

LOL as i said :) ..
Sorcerers are out... This contest only benefit rogues...

Njsl1ck
06-08-2013, 03:57 AM
what about sorc? how many mobs can u kill before you die lol. weak armor ...

No problem if you have shield and clock. :)

Linkincena
06-08-2013, 04:43 AM
No problem if you have shield and clock. :)

That good for defence... however for timed runs.... we need high speed ...

Njsl1ck
06-08-2013, 08:59 AM
That good for defence... however for timed runs.... we need high speed ...
You missed the point :P

yadamon0707
06-08-2013, 09:07 AM
Games, useless nonsense.

cyrusrevange
06-08-2013, 09:28 AM

Wooow I can imagine now rouges are super warrior with Double Elixir power now, at the normal they have over 450 DPS,DEX,Damage

I think all winners are rouge, well good luck you can do it :)

cyrusrevange
06-08-2013, 09:33 AM
Agree with you, the all mythic rogues will now become more deadly, its sad a warrior can only compete with a top mythic rogue if hes arcane...and full mythic..warrior is only class without dot attacks and no 250% crit.....again my lvl 16 rogue does more damage and can finish levels faster than my lvl31 arcane mmythic warrior.... come on sts that's ridiculous

I started to hate rouges I dont know why! they having higher DPS,DEX,Critic,damage than warriors. at least warriors should have higher damage or dps than rouges, but I still dont know why rouges are like that!!!! :) I dont like creating rouge character and play with rouge otherwise i would do that because they seems to be good warriors and now with double power elixir they are super women LOL :)

cyrusrevange
06-08-2013, 09:36 AM

I just standing and watching how super warriors or better I say Rouges are winning :)

cyrusrevange
06-08-2013, 09:38 AM
What is the new attack? As the first mythic pet I hope this makes it better or as good as SLAG for PVP.

They can hit multiple target now :)

xstolenheart
06-08-2013, 11:57 AM
They need to check on low lvl beating lvl 31 in gauntlet runs and low lvl dungeons TIME RUN need to be fix

Zuzeq
06-08-2013, 12:30 PM
I looked. I see rogues.

Ok...lol. You were right. I was up there multiple times with Mage and Tank counterparts only to be whipped out a couple of hours later by Hook owners. Guess I give one more shot then back to farming gear and chest that are rapidly dropping in price. When is the next expansion again?...lol

Natrich
06-08-2013, 01:09 PM
Pretty sure a solo rogue with that damage elixir could take care of most maps the fastest

Zuzeq
06-08-2013, 01:39 PM
Pretty sure a solo rogue with that damage elixir could take care of most maps the fastest

Crypts maybe. Negative on elite though..

anibiag
06-08-2013, 01:49 PM
Hmmm +50% damage, you say?
Well, I was playing for some time with "+50% damage", and now it seems to me that I dont understand something, cos it doesnt look as +50% damage at all. I didt noticed increase of damage of my skills, maybe it was, but it was very little, when +50% for me is about +140 dmg.
Can someone explain why does it give such a little bonus?

Darko
06-08-2013, 01:55 PM
Im an arcane warrior and have no chance agaist rogues in timed runs, this contest is so baised and only benefits an already op class

psychoscream
06-08-2013, 02:16 PM
Agreed

Drearivev
06-08-2013, 02:19 PM
Worst part is, that pretty much everything but the Hauntlet will be just people with Mythic/Arcane gear. They already have good gear, and on top of that, they'd get a chance to get a new Mythic Ring <_<
People like me with the "Normal" gear will have none or little chance to get on the LB. It's like the rich just keep getting richer, and the poor stay the same. I'm not even going to bother with this event, I know I have no chance at getting on the LB especially when there's Rogue with Mythic/Arcane items. This is pretty much a Rogue contest....

Zuzeq
06-08-2013, 04:50 PM
Im an arcane warrior and have no chance agaist rogues in timed runs, this contest is so baised and only benefits an already op class

But... Can be an Assassin's aid in elite timed runs..

Oraceanid
06-08-2013, 05:20 PM
Hmmm +50% damage, you say?
Well, I was playing for some time with "+50% damage", and now it seems to me that I dont understand something, cos it doesnt look as +50% damage at all. I didt noticed increase of damage of my skills, maybe it was, but it was very little, when +50% for me is about +140 dmg.
Can someone explain why does it give such a little bonus?

I am going to try with hauntlet if I don't see any significant change in damage I won't be spending more plats. Will just spend 16 8 for damage and 8 for speed.... If there is significant damage I will try multiple times... I hope you are wrong.. and the 50 % damage is evident.. Maybe only rouges get the damage lol.

Thanks for the heads up....

Taejo
06-08-2013, 06:37 PM
Ok...lol. You were right. I was up there multiple times with Mage and Tank counterparts only to be whipped out a couple of hours later by Hook owners. Guess I give one more shot then back to farming gear and chest that are rapidly dropping in price. When is the next expansion again?...lol

Haha, agree :) I admire your courage to try and stay on the LB. I tried diligently with my sorc (even respec'd) and didn't even come close to some of the LB times. I am not trying to argue that rogues are overpowered here, I am just purely upset with the utterly poor research, planning and development that went into this contest. It's just appalling to see L15 twink rogue groups leading the majority of Hauntlet and Crypt times, while great players with no chance in heck have to sit on the sidelines watching. Sorry, devs, but I hope you learn from this disastrous contest you assembled and make future ones more balanced and creative.

falmear
06-08-2013, 07:21 PM
I think they should only take the fastest time for each team for top 25. Because in any sporting time trial event you dont get 1st, 2nd ,3rd place if you do 3 trials. They take your fastest time and score it that way. This will give others a chance.

chitgoks
06-08-2013, 08:53 PM
Haha, agree :) I admire your courage to try and stay on the LB. I tried diligently with my sorc (even respec'd) and didn't even come close to some of the LB times. I am not trying to argue that rogues are overpowered here, I am just purely upset with the utterly poor research, planning and development that went into this contest. It's just appalling to see L15 twink rogue groups leading the majority of Hauntlet and Crypt times, while great players with no chance in heck have to sit on the sidelines watching. Sorry, devs, but I hope you learn from this disastrous contest you assembled and make future ones more balanced and creative.

lol lvl15? now that is messed up

Zuzeq
06-09-2013, 12:24 AM

Good points. I would have disagree with you minorly. I don't think the Devs messed up on the mechanical creation of the Rogue class. I do believe that there is an error is the scaling code mechanics of the dungeons. I may be way off, but I think the dungeons scale to a players level currently. It needs to adjusted to scale to the players stats (including elixirs). This alone will make timed runs more competitive and balanced. With this, I garuntee this would end the "all assissan" team domination.

juaki
06-09-2013, 02:11 AM
All good rogues in pvp will be assassins with their new ring!!!
Pvp will crash for warriors and mages!!!
Grats to rogues! Great ring!

Valsacar
06-09-2013, 03:16 AM
Good points. I would have disagree with you minorly. I don't think the Devs messed up on the mechanical creation of the Rogue class. I do believe that there is an error is the scaling code mechanics of the dungeons. I may be way off, but I think the dungeons scale to a players level currently. It needs to adjusted to scale to the players stats (including elixirs). This alone will make timed runs more competitive and balanced. With this, I garuntee this would end the "all assissan" team domination.

Why would I buy elixirs if it was just going to make the mobs harder?

angelsways
06-09-2013, 09:19 AM
Wish I could be in the leaderboards anyway thx for the boost

Zuzeq
06-09-2013, 03:05 PM
Why would I buy elixirs if it was just going to make the mobs harder?

Thank you for helping me make my point. It all comes down to money at the end of the day...

wvhills
06-09-2013, 03:08 PM
I think it's kind of lame to make a big deal about elixir power being doubled and not mention the fact that the price is doubled.

Everyone is complaining about the structure of the contests and it being geared toward twinks and rogues. My gut tells me the true purpose of this weekend is to see if players are willing to spend more plat for higher powered elixirs like pl has.

Taejo
06-09-2013, 04:33 PM
I think it's kind of lame to make a big deal about elixir power being doubled and not mention the fact that the price is doubled.

Everyone is complaining about the structure of the contests and it being geared toward twinks and rogues. My gut tells me the true purpose of this weekend is to see if players are willing to spend more plat for higher powered elixirs like pl has.

:worked_till_5am: Never thought of that! How true...

Darko
06-09-2013, 05:07 PM
Hmm interesting insite wv and agree 100%....I can honestly see why people are quitting this game...the rich get richer....basically there's one team that's littered all over the lb in times runs that has four rogues, all full mythic with arcane hooks....now they will get rings....sts shouldnt have made it where you get more entries the more your on there... the ridiculous thing is there is only one warrior listed in all this, and that's gravescar, also full mythic and arcane....they should have limited somehow youbhave to have one of each class on a team..or I hope they do a competion that benefits warrior and mage, (how many wolfs can u kill in a min solo for each class.. i guarantee not one mage amulet will be given with this contest...and warriors have been so nerfed in pve they are practically useless to kill and just tank and heal....the worst thing is the no response from sts regarding this baised competition that this whole thread is discussing.... and hauntlet is just dumb its all twinks.....can we put op rogue on these new banners, cause that's who will be wearing them. .

Energizeric
06-09-2013, 06:57 PM
Hmm interesting insite wv and agree 100%....I can honestly see why people are quitting this game...the rich get richer....basically there's one team that's littered all over the lb in times runs that has four rogues, all full mythic with arcane hooks....now they will get rings....sts shouldnt have made it where you get more entries the more your on there... the ridiculous thing is there is only one warrior listed in all this, and that's gravescar, also full mythic and arcane....they should have limited somehow youbhave to have one of each class on a team..or I hope they do a competion that benefits warrior and mage, (how many wolfs can u kill in a min solo for each class.. i guarantee not one mage amulet will be given with this contest...and warriors have been so nerfed in pve they are practically useless to kill and just tank and heal....the worst thing is the no response from sts regarding this baised competition that this whole thread is discussing.... and hauntlet is just dumb its all twinks.....can we put op rogue on these new banners, cause that's who will be wearing them. .

Here is the solution:

Make a contest where there are no potions for timed runs. Once someone uses a potion (mana or health) the time no longer qualifies. Then parties would be forced to have a good tank and a good mage for healing/mana purposes. A team of full rogues would no longer be able to do it as they would run out of mana. And then instead of a race, it would be more strategy intensive. Maybe STS can do something like this next time. I know they can handle the concept because they had elite dungeons in PL where you could not use potions, and plus in PvP there are no potions. I'm going to add this idea to the suggestions forum. If some of you back me up there, maybe we will see this idea in a future contest.

Zuzeq
06-09-2013, 07:24 PM
Good idea. I can see Assassins respecting combat medic and rolling with Nexus and Kogas now.

Rare
06-09-2013, 07:31 PM
Good idea. I can see Assassins respecting combat medic and rolling with Nexus and Kogas now.

And tooooooons of plat for revives. My crystal ball sees this in the near future.

gundamsone
06-09-2013, 07:47 PM
Here is the solution:

Make a contest where there are no potions for timed runs. Once someone uses a potion (mana or health) the time no longer qualifies. Then parties would be forced to have a good tank and a good mage for healing/mana purposes. A team of full rogues would no longer be able to do it as they would run out of mana. And then instead of a race, it would be more strategy intensive. Maybe STS can do something like this next time. I know they can handle the concept because they had elite dungeons in PL where you could not use potions, and plus in PvP there are no potions. I'm going to add this idea to the suggestions forum. If some of you back me up there, maybe we will see this idea in a future contest.

So we ban 4 rogues and welcome 4 mages? not a good solution.

They basically have to implement bosses that require 1 of each class. Easiest way to do this.

drgrimmy
06-09-2013, 08:40 PM
Yeah at first glance it seems a little lame that twinks can crush a few areas on the leaderboards, but there is also a different perspective. This is more of an equalizer between the rich and poor than anything else. You don't need to have mythic or arcane gear. Almost anyone can quickly make a twink and not spend too much gold on getting it geared. At that point all you need is a good team with some good strategy. So from that perspective actually seems like a good thing to me. Not that I'm biased or anything :)

Energizeric
06-10-2013, 12:29 AM
So we ban 4 rogues and welcome 4 mages? not a good solution.

They basically have to implement bosses that require 1 of each class. Easiest way to do this.

Nah, I think a party with a mix of classes would do better if they implemented that change. Let the rogues keep their "assassin" spec, but take a mage along for mana regen and a warrior along to tank and take all the damage.

For example, mages in elites would get killed. They need a warrior to tank, and they would need a rogue to kill the boss or it would take a long time. Rogues with aimed shot critical hit cause 5 times as much damage as a mage does.

Energizeric
06-10-2013, 12:32 AM
And tooooooons of plat for revives. My crystal ball sees this in the near future.

If you use plat revive it turns a "pure" run into an elixir run. I know this because it happened to my party yesterday. I died during an elite "pure" run, and when I did a plat revive suddenly it became an elixir run.

Linkincena
06-10-2013, 01:10 AM
Here is the solution:

Excellent suggestion Energi .... I back ya ...

Linkincena
06-10-2013, 01:14 AM
Here is the solution:

Excellent suggestion Energi .... I back ya ...
However there should be portals during contests to enter time runs if your suggestion is implemented... ,cos don't wanna make normal players sad who use potions for their normal quests...