PDA

View Full Version : Still no AL

Deke
06-08-2013, 03:16 AM
Good morning everyone,

Al stopped working for me the Saturday of Memorial Day Weekend. Hangs up at about 90%, "kill pages", and then the "Something went
wrong while displaying this page.................................." I have asked for help from you good folk on this forum and received
numerous suggestion, most good and some not so good. But I appreciate the time and thought each and every one of you spent trying to
help me with my AL problem.

I can't count the hours I have put in trying to get AL up and running again. I have tried all the suggestion and hints that I received
and have searched Google with every variation of question I could think of, hoping to find new solutions. No luck. Not being a computer
pro, I tried things that I considered risky, due to my lack of computer knowledge. I was afraid that if I fouled up, I wouldn't have a
clue as to how to remedy the situation. I fouled up a couple of times but with back tracking through my mistakes, a few restarts
and a little luck, there has been no permanent damage . I don't know how many versions of Google Chrome I uninstalled, and installed, all to no avail.

I come to you again asking for the same help. Are there any new "fix-its" for the AL hang up problem? Since my last time here, have any new
"Magic Elixirs" been found to cure this problem? I hate the thought of being charged an arm and a leg if I have to take it to a computer shop to
fix a problem that is probably easily fixable. I must admit, I do miss this game.

I am running Windows Vista on my laptop. Current Google Chrome version is 27.0.1453.110m

Thanks guys and gals,
Deke and my now lonely, and out of adventures rogue, Dinella

DocDoBig
06-08-2013, 07:32 AM
You're not alone, don't worry this was and still is a frequently problem with all games last weeks, although in fact it's Chrome who brings up the problems, not STS.
The Devs are already looking into this.
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?100912-Chrome-Version-Stuck-on-Loading-More-Information-Here

From another thread:

Unfortunately, this is not a universal problem. It appears to be a system specific issue. The problem that causes Chrome to get stuck also isn't specific to just our game. If you try playing other Chrome Apps that use Native Client you will likely encounter the same problem. We are working with Google to help to address the issue, but at this time we don't have any further official suggestions than the ones outlined in this support article: http://support.spacetimestudios.com/...rticles/963855