PDA

View Full Version : new item: pendant

Arterra
10-15-2010, 06:05 PM
little idea here... you can get a pendant from like the plat store or a quest (lower quality one). it has no stats (yet).
different bosses have different chances of giving this thing different stats. higher level boss gives more of any given stat.
say, Meathead has the chance to either put in +5hp (8% chance), +1str (5% chance), or +1H/s (2% chance). notice how there is only 15% chance of getting anything. You could implement a system that if you clear most of the map (the boss is rarely the last guy so only has to be like 90% of mobs) the chance of a upgrade doubles.

if you do not like how your pendant turned out (you want no str and all dodge) you can buy a "pendant reset" for some gold. you lose ALL stats on it, so no just erasing little bits here and there.

you would have to measure out the value of different kinds of stats, convert it into say a stat-unit.
-actual stats like str, dex and int count as 4 stat points. (need 4 stat-points for +1dex)
- +HP/MP count count as 1 stat points (every point of extra hp is 1 stat-point)
-stat driven attributes like dodge, crit, dps, and armor count as 6 stat-points (6 stat-points for +1% crit)
-regeneration costs 10 stat points. period.
=====there is a purpose to my talk of stat-points=====
pendants have only a select amount of enchantability.
different levels can have more and more piled on them. a level 10 pendant can have say 30 points on it. that can be (MAXED) +5% dodge, +30 MP, +7str and 2 HP... yea. higher levels have more enchatability.

OVERPOWERING, right? well, then 1)have them turn off when in a pvp map and 2)let higher level bosses/mobs carry more debuffs! that'l teach mage dynamics and for the group to be more careful too!

comments please.

edit::: how about vanity hats having this function?

CanonicalKoi
10-15-2010, 07:02 PM
Hmmmm...could be nice and the idea of a reset's very nice. The only real problem would be implementing another inventory slot. On the iPods (and, I'm sure the iPhones) there's not a lot of real estate now. Maybe put it under the "Viking hat" tab? Hmmm...

Arterra
10-15-2010, 08:28 PM
hmm, needs space... well, if all else fails it could be implemented into the vanity hats instead of a new item. 2 birds, one super-awesome upgrade.

setec
10-15-2010, 09:27 PM
So, if Meathead did something to your penant then no other boss affects it? Wouldn't you have to pay to reset anytime you wanted to have another boss affect it?

Maybe you buy an empty pendant and then each high level boss has the chance to add stats to it so by the time you reach AO3 bosses you could have any number of random stats.

as for higher level bosses/mobs carrying more debuffs due to the extra stats from the pendant, I think you would have a great issue there from everyone who either has not bought a pendant because of no plat or has an empty pendant.

You could provide EVERY player with an empty pendant since it does nothing to your stats. Then bosses give you pendant points and you can upgrade different possible things on a pendant tab in options with those points.

Arterra
10-15-2010, 09:32 PM
So, if Meathead did something to your penant then no other boss affects it? Wouldn't you have to pay to reset anytime you wanted to have another boss affect it?

Maybe you buy an empty pendant and then each high level boss has the chance to add stats to it so by the time you reach AO3 bosses you could have any number of random stats.

as for higher level bosses/mobs carrying more debuffs due to the extra stats from the pendant, I think you would have a great issue there from everyone who either has not bought a pendant because of no plat or has an empty pendant.

You could provide EVERY player with an empty pendant since it does nothing to your stats. Then bosses give you pendant points and you can upgrade different possible things on a pendant tab in options with those points.

that idea second paragraph is what i suggested... lol

also, suggested quests for you to get pendants.

also, notice how you only have a chance for +1 str etc from meathead every battle. you can fight anyone (different stat chances) until you fill up currently equipped pendant.

edit::::::: as for third paragraph, well thats why you dont powerlevel ;D

TwinkTastical
10-15-2010, 09:33 PM
If in pvp id get, Otherwise.. worthless

setec
10-15-2010, 09:40 PM
that idea second paragraph is what i suggested... lol

also, notice how you only have a chance for +1 str etc from meathead every battle. you can fight anyone (different stat chances) until you fill up currently equipped pendant.

edit::::::: as for third paragraph, well thats why you dont powerlevel ;D

guess my fault but although you mentioned different bosses it seemed you were saying that each boss affected the pendant and it was locked thus needing the reset. Thanks for clearing that up.

And no, you can't just go by power leveling. If the pendant cost 5 plat for example, then a player that was just going through the normal game play, not rushing, not power leveling, playing on the maps he/she is supposed to would be at a disadvantage because he/she did not own a pendant that had all kinds of cool stats to counter act the fact that bosses/mobs now have more debuffs.

I do like this idea though.

Perhaps pendants could be loot just like anything else. They all have different stats. Then you wouldn't have to worry about pendant points or devs adding debuffs to bosses. this would be a piece of equipment and of course, there would be pinks :) "Power Pendant of Thoth" :)

If they went that route, I wouldn't mind rings or boots, etc.

Arterra
10-15-2010, 09:43 PM
quoted right off the post you quoted from me lol

lol

ps for pvp imagine a full dodge lv50 pendant... would be like a permament +40%!!

setec
10-15-2010, 09:49 PM

lol

ps for pvp imagine a full dodge lv50 pendant... would be like a permament +40%!!

Listen pal, I don't have time to read EVERY word. I read like every third word and then post my responses. :)

I'm too tired. :)

Arterra
10-15-2010, 09:52 PM
Listen pal, I don't have time to read EVERY word. I read like every third word and then post my responses. :)

I'm too tired. :)

direct contrast to my need to assimilate all information and process it in a manner as which to come up with and respond with a witty, constructive though ofttimes lolicious remark. spelling not always part of package, though i try hard.

bladesword
10-15-2010, 09:59 PM
Half of us work
:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

TwinkTastical
10-16-2010, 01:43 AM

lol

Full lv 19 pendant
30 HS
25 MS
75 Dodge

Overpowered? nope.

smoae
10-16-2010, 02:09 AM
Sounds confusing and wouldn't it suck for the people who have had bad luck with their pendant? The bosses have more debuffs and they don't have any new stats with pendant cuz they've had bad luck

Arterra
10-16-2010, 09:23 AM
Full lv 19 pendant
30 HS
25 MS
75 Dodge

Overpowered? nope.

did you read all the info i put on stat-points? read again lol.

Sounds confusing and wouldn't it suck for the people who have had bad luck with their pendant? The bosses have more debuffs and they don't have any new stats with pendant cuz they've had bad luck

luck has no real meaning. ANYONE can either get it or not. just spam boss maps if desperate lol

edit:: remember that they would have only so much enchanability, or stat space. great stuff like H/s take more room than dodge%, which in turn takes more room than +int, which in turn also takes more room than +HP... either a lot of little stuff or a medium amount of big stuff.