PDA

View Full Version : have you ever had a question you can't answer?

Schnitzel
06-08-2013, 03:36 PM
Anyone ever had a question they couldn't answer?
Mine was "how does the sun light up when space has no oxygen for fire?"

DocDoBig
06-08-2013, 03:46 PM

Nope, not really: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Google

Regarding your question: The Sun does not "burn" or "light up", The Sun glows because it is a very big ball of gas and there are trillions of reactions and fusions per second in it which heat it all up per se.

Drearivev
06-08-2013, 04:20 PM
Why is the sky blue?
If it's because of the reflection of the ocean, then why is the ocean blue? One of them had to reflect the other first.

razerfingers
06-08-2013, 04:41 PM
Why is the sky blue?
If it's because of the reflection of the ocean, then why is the ocean blue? One of them had to reflect the other first.

Lol, i heard its because the bending of the suns rahs coming througg the atmosphere but then how is it you can see the ocean from space? Aha not sure what is true all i know is its blue and thats blue.

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall.

Argyros
06-08-2013, 04:50 PM
Why is the sky blue?

Lol, i heard its because the bending of the suns rahs coming througg the atmosphere but then how is it you can see the ocean from space? Aha not sure what is true all i know is its blue and thats blue.

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall.

Hehe-
The suns light is all the colors of the rainbow, red orange yellow green blue indigo violet. It show thes colors at different times. Sun set/sun rise and mid day are examples. The sun scatters more blue light at mid day than red light= blue sky. Same with sun set red light is scattered and seen= red/orange/yellow sun set.
Kinda confusing, here's a link-

http://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/physics/General/BlueSky/blue_sky.html

KingFu
06-08-2013, 05:52 PM
Isn't a question not a question if you can answer it?

Drearivev
06-08-2013, 05:57 PM
Hehe-
The suns light is all the colors of the rainbow, red orange yellow green blue indigo violet. It show thes colors at different times. Sun set/sun rise and mid day are examples. The sun scatters more blue light at mid day than red light= blue sky. Same with sun set red light is scattered and seen= red/orange/yellow sun set.
Kinda confusing, here's a link-

http://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/physics/General/BlueSky/blue_sky.html
Haha, I'll use that link when I get to my computer.

Isn't a question not a question if you can answer it?
No, a question we have, but can't answer ourselves.

Phoenixking
06-08-2013, 09:37 PM
All of the science related questions asked here are actually pretty easy to find in google

Zaonabiuibil
06-08-2013, 09:39 PM
I haz question.

What happens when Pinochio says "my nose will grow"?

-------------------
Sent using spray paint on the city walls.

Phoenixking
06-08-2013, 09:41 PM
I haz question.

-------------------
His nose will grow at first because he lied but than it wasn't a lie and goes back instantly. Takes a time for life to react

Xbuddyjosh
06-09-2013, 12:08 AM
I haz question.

-------------------

*Mind blown*

Mitchturbo
06-09-2013, 12:24 AM
have you ever had a question you can't answer? No but...

I do have a question the devs won't answer!!
Q: Where the hell are our Arbiter rewards in SL!?

Lmao. Hit the nail on the head XD

Alhuntrazeck
06-09-2013, 12:45 AM
Q. What is love?

Schnitzel
06-09-2013, 11:38 AM
Q. What is love?
That would be evol spelled backwards

dudetus
06-09-2013, 12:17 PM
Q. What is love?

Baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me, no more.

XghostzX
06-09-2013, 01:26 PM
These are all physics questions.

1.) The sun is an energy source, whereas gases are constantly being thrown into each other which is the light that we perceive (yellow). The light takes about 8 minutes to travel to Earth. (So if the sun blew up, we wouldn't know until it has happened 8 minutes later). Because the sun is so massive, it has so much energy to use up for the next billions of years, and those surface gases that we can perceive are virtually being torn apart in space once those molecules aren't as heated up (when they're not in the interior). As long as there is enough energy and a ton of a mass, that mass is realistically bending space (think of space as a sheet of rubber). More mass creates a bigger "dent" in space, and this is part of the scientific explanation for gravity. But all of this plays into how the sun can keep energy moving around even though space shouldn't be able to contain it.

2.) The sky is blue because IT DOES NOT reflect from the ocean, and vice versa.

Quick physics lesson with colors. Us humans contain cones and rods in our eyes that are made up of red, green, and blue. These are the primary colors when it comes to light for us. (Pigments/cloths/inks's primary colors are magenta, cyan, and yellow. That's why we use those ink cartridges in printers.) For instance, if I'm looking at the color red, that means both green and blue are reflecting off of it, but the actual color of red is absent. When we see the color white, it's the combination of all primary colors together. White is simply the presence of all colors - we see colors when there is the absence/bending/reflection of light. (i.e when you talk about light traveling through a triangular prism, you see color.)

So going back to the sky: it's blue because the molecules in the sky really consist of colors that reflect green and red. The sun's light consists of every color, but gives off different colors at times of days.

For me, though, I hate it when people ask me these questions that regard anything to our senses.

For instance, I could not tell you what the color red looks like, or what "sweet" tastes like.

Sryyoulose
06-09-2013, 01:32 PM
What's 1 + 1?

dudetus
06-09-2013, 01:36 PM

1.) The sun is an energy source, whereas gases are constantly being thrown into each other which is the light that we perceive (yellow). The light takes about 8 minutes to travel to Earth. (So if the sun blew up, we wouldn't know until it has happened 8 minutes later). Because the sun is so massive, it has so much energy to use up for the next billions of years, and those surface gases that we can perceive are virtually being torn apart in space once those molecules aren't as heated up (when they're not in the interior). As long as there is enough energy and a ton of a mass, that mass is realistically bending space (think of space as a sheet of rubber). More mass creates a bigger "dent" in space, and this is part of the scientific explanation for gravity. But all of this plays into how the sun can keep energy moving around even though space shouldn't be able to contain it.

Quick physics lesson with colors. Us humans contain cones and rods in our eyes that are made up of red, green, and blue. These are the primary colors when it comes to light for us. (Pigments/cloths/inks's primary colors are magenta, cyan, and yellow. That's why we use those ink cartridges in printers.) For instance, if I'm looking at the color red, that means both green and blue are reflecting off of it, but the actual color of red is absent. When we see the color white, it's the combination of all primary colors together. White is simply the presence of all colors - we see colors when there is the absence/bending/reflection of light. (i.e when you talk about light traveling through a triangular prism, you see color.)

So going back to the sky: it's blue because the molecules in the sky really consist of colors that reflect green and red. The sun's light consists of every color, but gives off different colors at times of days.

For me, though, I hate it when people ask me these questions that regard anything to our senses.

For instance, I could not tell you what the color red looks like, or what "sweet" tastes like.

#wikipedia

Alicegail :)
06-09-2013, 01:37 PM
Question: What comes 1st in earth the chicken or the egg :D

Sryyoulose
06-09-2013, 01:38 PM
#Ihatehashtags
The chicken otherwise they egg wouldve died.

And what came first: The Phoenix or the Flame

06-09-2013, 02:19 PM
The Flame, Phoenix is not real :D

The Sadness
06-09-2013, 07:52 PM
How can lighting your farts on fire possibly work??? I've seen a few friends burn themselves while laying in the birthing position with a lighter to their butt.

XghostzX
06-09-2013, 07:59 PM

#wikipedia

#actuallylearninginanhonorsphysicsclass

Phoenixking
06-09-2013, 08:40 PM

Isn't it called plasma?

XghostzX
06-09-2013, 08:43 PM
Isn't it called plasma?

Yeah, that probably would have been a useful word to bring up.

KingFu
06-09-2013, 08:49 PM

But can you get an Oreo from your forehead to your mouth without using your hands?

Taipan
06-09-2013, 09:45 PM
Yes. This question.

Zeus
06-09-2013, 10:16 PM
How can lighting your farts on fire possibly work??? I've seen a few friends burn themselves while laying in the birthing position with a lighter to their butt.

You have to have enough methane. Trust me, it is very possible.

Try this: eat methane producing foods, wait for the build-up & then release and test.

XghostzX
06-09-2013, 11:04 PM

Try this: eat methane producing foods, wait for the build-up & then release and test.

!00% full-proof!

Edit: Alright, so I just did this Parth. You were right, I set the whole house on fire :star:

The Happiness
06-10-2013, 02:08 AM

Please don't encourage him!

Lalarie
06-11-2013, 12:49 AM
But can you get an Oreo from your forehead to your mouth without using your hands?

That very easy, use your arm and press it against your face and drag to mouth duh

Zeus
06-11-2013, 12:58 PM
That very easy, use your arm and press it against your face and drag to mouth duh

And as a result, the creamy goodness is spread all over your face?

Note: I didn't mean to make that sound so naughty... ;)

Schnitzel
06-11-2013, 01:46 PM

And soon the ants will follow
O.o

Lalarie
06-11-2013, 02:55 PM
And as a result, the creamy goodness is spread all over your face?

Note: I didn't mean to make that sound so naughty... ;)

Lol!

Suentous PO
06-11-2013, 03:19 PM

The dinosaur.

Argyros
06-11-2013, 03:22 PM

The dinosaur.

LOL. The chicken. :D

06-11-2013, 04:53 PM
The dinosaur.

The true bird expert spoke :D

Noodleleg
06-11-2013, 10:45 PM
Are kangaroos half deer and half T-Rex?

Aracnus
06-11-2013, 10:56 PM
Why do we drive on the parkway and park in the driveway?

How do you make lemonade if life gives you lemons?

How is nothing impossible when you can't slam a revolving door?

Bbnc
06-20-2013, 04:14 AM
Why do we drive on the parkway and park in the driveway?

How do you make lemonade if life gives you lemons?

How is nothing impossible when you can't slam a revolving door?

Are we supposed to laugh now ?