PDA

View Full Version : Root "Glitch".

joshtheboss
06-09-2013, 02:24 PM
Well this mage today was telling me that there is a glitch on root. They wouldn't explain in detail so I came here. I don't think there is any root glitches but if someone knows of one could they please tell me.

Schnitzel
06-09-2013, 02:49 PM
I have a bird. I can't see any glitches

Xbuddyjosh
06-09-2013, 03:41 PM
Same^^

joshtheboss
06-09-2013, 04:39 PM
I find that to be quite odd as this mage was adamant that there is a root glitch and furthermore that it is documented on the forums.

dudetus
06-09-2013, 04:58 PM
No, there aren't any known glitches regarding root.

The only thing that I can imagine which could be interpreted as a glitch is that thorn wall has a slight delay whereas thorn root is instant.

Not Nick41324
06-09-2013, 05:08 PM
There WAS a known glitch. If you maxed out both roots and blind and did the combo "blind, root, wall," it would hit just about 100% of the time. I sent in a report to sts a few months ago and it doesn't work anymore.
It was never really exposed and was only known by a few.

Noi`ya
06-09-2013, 05:16 PM
there is still no gcd for roots

dudetus
06-09-2013, 05:18 PM

shush

Schnitzel
06-09-2013, 05:23 PM

shush
What's gcd?

Noi`ya
06-09-2013, 05:23 PM
sry i am hater of birds. they also have no gcd for screams iirc

there is no gcd for mage fire either

vengefulslash --> most skills on bear has no gcd

few more i think

Zeus
06-09-2013, 05:58 PM
There WAS a known glitch. If you maxed out both roots and blind and did the combo "blind, root, wall," it would hit just about 100% of the time. I sent in a report to sts a few months ago and it doesn't work anymore.
It was never really exposed and was only known by a few.

That wasn't a glitch. Honestly, my roots work the same way as before and I know that I was one of the people you accused of doing that glitch.

angeldawn
06-09-2013, 10:43 PM
There was a birdie glitch with gcd and it did involve roots. Many ppl have verified this. I myself, who isn't a bird player, was able to duplicate.

This has been reported to sts several times. I haven't tried it in a long time and haven't paid close attention in pvp to know if it still exists

Noi`ya
06-09-2013, 10:57 PM
k Iremembered mage wrong. there's no gcd on the spell after frostbite

Waug
06-10-2013, 05:58 AM
That's not a glitch, that peoples talk about it genearlly.

Numerous times it happened to me when I killed my opponent (specially bird after dying, few says glitch, few says hack, I just laugh, it's actually -
delayed root (one root is instant irrespective ping, other is not) + low but per sec. Dmg + ping (nothing is instant) in my case extra ping, cuz I have slow net.

Gaunab
06-10-2013, 09:27 AM
sry i am hater of birds. they also have no gcd for screams iirc

there is no gcd for mage fire either

vengefulslash --> most skills on bear has no gcd

few more i think

Im pretty sure they fixed most of that. Frostbite and Vengeful dont trigger gcd. All other skills do.

MightyMicah
06-10-2013, 09:46 AM
The only root glitch that I can think of is the one a long, long time ago when root used to not give you a kill. It would still inflict damage and technically you would "kill" the enemy but it wouldn't say "Mightymicah killed so and so" if you know what I mean. It also wouldn't add a kill to your stats.

The only other "root" glitch I can think of is for the mages "root" or ice. The skill says, I believe, "2-6 second root", when, in reality, it is always a 6 second root. -.-

Not Nick41324
06-11-2013, 09:58 PM
That wasn't a glitch. Honestly, my roots work the same way as before and I know that I was one of the people you accused of doing that glitch.
I didn't accuse you of doing anything. I've never even said your name while talking about it.

Zeus
06-11-2013, 11:14 PM
I didn't accuse you of doing anything. I've never even said your name while talking about it.

I know you didn't. However, I was just letting you know.