PDA

View Full Version : Back After 2 Years

ChaosDark
06-09-2013, 06:21 PM
Hello.

I am a returning player after 2 years. Of course I would expect huge changes during that time. Could someone mind filling me in on the most major changes (Aside from the new classes which I obviously noticed).

My main character before I left and worked the most on was a Ranged DPS Dex Bear (For the Armor steroids, the Beckon Stomp combo and some other things I wanted to do at the time). Not sure if such a strategy would still work effectively or not. If going Ranged DPS outside of a Archer class is viable now, what class would it be now? Or should I completely scrap it and just completely respec and rework him entirely?

And secondly, what class would you say now is the best to go into a Bruiser/Brawler (Tanky with fair amount DPS) type of build (My playstyle for these types of games has changed pretty drastically over the years).

kcimythgim
06-09-2013, 07:07 PM
Welcome back! First off, there are now daily blessings that give you a free elixir every day as long as you come on later than you did the day before. On the 5th day, you can get a vanity item, or an elixir like the other days. I believe that if you come back 4 hours or later than you did the previous day, that the daily blessing chain is broken and you have to start all over. There are also guilds now where members in the same guild have a special chat system and special guild hall to join. There are ELITE rarity weapons now that drop in special dungeons which only the players at the current level cap can enter. I think (I rarely pvp) that dex bears are one of the most popular choices for lower level pvping and they are usually equipped with forgotten bows. These forgotten bow were dropped during a special forgotten event and no longer drop. Many people believe that they are the strongest weapon for most of the lower levels which causes the prices to rise. Skills can now be increased up to rank 9. A ton has happened in 2 years and I know that I have left a lot out, but I wanted to at least put down some of the main things that popped into my head.

Jig
06-09-2013, 08:39 PM
66+ is when you can put 9 points in skills under that lvl I think is 6 still..

ThePvpTwink
06-09-2013, 09:12 PM
Welcome back!

And @kci I believe it's 6+ hours for blessing to restart.
@jig 65+ can add up to 9 skill points

There have been the release of several new campaigns making current cap 76. New daily 3x elixers and daily blessings have been added. New classes (ranger and paladin have been added). Pvp has been changed due to op fbows and pumpkin clunkers. Dragon vanities and rings and elite rings have been added. And there are much more scamming/begging players nowadays than before.

CrimsonTider
06-09-2013, 09:15 PM
Welcome back! Best thing to do is look up the guides in the various sections of your interest and go from there. A lot has changed in the last 2 years.

Sryyoulose
06-09-2013, 09:17 PM
To much has changed, but welcome back. It still has a very talkative community.

Jig
06-10-2013, 09:06 AM
Not sure of kd said this but there are also now Dragon vanity armor and helms Red gold blue green they can be farmed in Mount fang forgot what the map is called the map where all the bosses are in one map, yeah the drag set helm and aarmor all blue red green gold can be dropped there and are lvl 60 vanities, they can give bonus stats if you buy the matching pet with the armor and helm equipped "same color" and there is a Veryyy rare black dragon armor and helm L71 for dex Str and int which no longer drops :(

TheDoccyness
06-11-2013, 05:32 PM
Hi! Welcome back!

There has changed literally an mass!
If you like you can check the Timelines made by me from the time you quit until today:
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?99436-PL-s-Timeline

P.S.: It could be really long. :)

Jig
06-12-2013, 02:12 AM
Doc why two accounts Oo