PDA

View Full Version : Solution/Fix for issue of rogues dominating timed run contest

Energizeric
06-09-2013, 07:01 PM
Here is the solution to this problem:

Make a contest where there are no potions for timed runs. Once someone uses a potion (mana or health) the time no longer qualifies. Then parties would be forced to have a good tank and a good mage for healing/mana purposes. A team of full rogues would no longer be able to do it as they would run out of mana and would probably also die since they can no longer spam health pots.

Then instead of a race for speed, it would be more strategy intensive. Yes, the times would be slower, but who cares. It would make for a more well balanced contest where a team consisting of all 3 classes would be best.

Maybe STS can do something like this next time. I know they can handle the concept because they had elite dungeons in PL where you could not use potions, and plus in PvP there are no potions.

Taejo
06-09-2013, 07:05 PM

Make a contest where there are no potions for timed runs. Once someone uses a potion (mana or health) the time no longer qualifies. Then parties would be forced to have a good tank and a good mage for healing/mana purposes. A team of full rogues would no longer be able to do it as they would run out of mana and would probably also die since they can no longer spam health pots.

Then instead of a race for speed, it would be more strategy intensive. Yes, the times would be slower, but who cares. It would make for a more well balanced contest where a team consisting of all 3 classes would be best.

Maybe STS can do something like this next time. I know they can handle the concept because they had elite dungeons in PL where you could not use potions, and plus in PvP there are no potions.

Great idea. I just wish someone from STS would at least answer to all of this complaining we're doing. Too busy counting currency from elixers maybe? :livid:

Energizeric
06-09-2013, 07:17 PM
Great idea. I just wish someone from STS would at least answer to all of this complaining we're doing. Too busy counting currency from elixers maybe? :livid:

Nothing to answer unless you come up with a good idea to fix it, which is what I did here. And whoever counts the profits is not the developers who post in this forum... they are just regular employees who get a paycheck at the end of the week, and I'm pretty sure how well the game does is not considered in their paycheck. Maybe if STS had a good year then employees get a decent raise for next year, but that's about it.

DexterityX
06-09-2013, 07:45 PM
+1 great idea but i guess its too late now... contest is near end.

all i can see is full of rogue and twinks on the LB.

Taejo
06-09-2013, 08:37 PM
Nothing to answer unless you come up with a good idea to fix it, which is what I did here. And whoever counts the profits is not the developers who post in this forum... they are just regular employees who get a paycheck at the end of the week, and I'm pretty sure how well the game does is not considered in their paycheck. Maybe if STS had a good year then employees get a decent raise for next year, but that's about it.

Well, it was sarcasm, but you ruined it.

Energizeric
06-09-2013, 09:44 PM
+1 great idea but i guess its too late now... contest is near end.

all i can see is full of rogue and twinks on the LB.

There is always next time :)

In my past experience, if a good idea is presented here in the forum and it proves to be popular with many forum members, then it usually makes its way into the game. STS does read this forum and consider all ideas.

Wowsome
06-10-2013, 03:05 AM
+1 eric :)

Valsacar
06-10-2013, 03:26 AM

I am not a damn healer! Other than that, good idea (I can see Nexus going up in value).

Linkincena
06-10-2013, 03:32 AM
+ 1 For this thread's Implementation demand...
Disabling pots during contests will bring balance between all classes...
I also suggest a separate portal (in-game) to enter contest dungeons....so that players, who are not contesting, can continue normal game play...
STS Devs pl look into it...

Energizeric
06-10-2013, 04:38 AM
It's not necessary to have a separate portal. It can just be the way it is, except when someone uses a potion the time no longer qualifies for the contest.

Linkincena
06-10-2013, 04:42 AM
ok got your point...

Ebezaanec
06-10-2013, 11:47 PM
This a fantastic idea! However, there is one problem. If the time no longer qualifies when you hit a potion, wouldnt it be unfair for those who unintentionally or accidentally hit the potions? Correct me if im wrong but i think it would easier to disable potions in a separate contest only dungeon like linkincena said.

Linkincena
06-10-2013, 11:51 PM
This a fantastic idea! However, there is one problem. If the time no longer qualifies when you hit a potion, wouldnt it be unfair for those who unintentionally or accidentally hit the potions? Correct me if im wrong but i think it would easier to disable potions in a separate contest only dungeon like linkincena said.

Yep those accidents i was concerned about cos regular players have a habit to click on potions ...

Energizeric
06-11-2013, 01:25 AM
Similar thing happened to me this weekend. I died and by accident hit the button for plat revive, and our "pure" run was magically turned into an "enhanced" run. Yes, it does happen sometimes. I guess you have to start over then. Maybe STS can add a button to our settings that removes the potion buttons from our screen. That sounds much easier than creating an alternate set of dungeons.

Linkincena
06-11-2013, 01:35 AM
Similar thing happened to me this weekend. I died and by accident hit the button for plat revive, and our "pure" run was magically turned into an "enhanced" run. Yes, it does happen sometimes. I guess you have to start over then. Maybe STS can add a button to our settings that removes the potion buttons from our screen. That sounds much easier than creating an alternate set of dungeons.
Agreed... +1 again for this..

Soundlesskill
06-11-2013, 07:51 AM

Hahaha not even a tank can run a dead city or mount spur run without pots.
It is IMPOSSSIBLE.

Uzii
06-11-2013, 01:08 PM
+ 1 For this thread's Implementation demand...
Disabling pots during contests will bring balance between all classes...
I also suggest a separate portal (in-game) to enter contest dungeons....so that players, who are not contesting, can continue normal game play...
STS Devs pl look into it...

i think this is good not just from the mistake poting but also it can be merged with the idea of party system, at least that part where u can choose which run u want do to timed or just farming (in elite). so when u choose time run pots disabled and if u choose farming time disabled so other players can join even mid run or u can invite frends when someone leaves.

but no poting is working in sl and pl but i think the cowork with classes is better there as here in al. its just my experience but in sl at endgame where u have now dungeons with disabled stimps (true extreme :D) the good team or even not so good team can survive there and make it to the end. and thers revive skill too so when someone die u can still rev him and continue battle, in al u will be just wiped out and u can start over. just my thought.

Drearivev
06-11-2013, 01:14 PM
Good idea. I'm a Rogue myself, and I didn't like how this was pretty much a Rogue contest (although I did see some Sorcerers and Warriors up there). And also, just like how they disabled potions in PvP, they should just do the same for any contests similar to this one.

Cremated
06-11-2013, 03:28 PM
Just read idea about players accidently clicking pots,

I think 2 portals is a good idea, in one portal its the hauntlet you and me see everyday but in thr other the pot icon is disabled which players will not accidently click and disqualify themselves.

Your Welcome.

SkullCrusher
06-11-2013, 03:34 PM
Agreed! +1 all the way bro! Sadly, STS would never actually do something like this. :(

Energizeric
06-11-2013, 10:55 PM
Agreed! +1 all the way bro! Sadly, STS would never actually do something like this. :(

Let's wait and see. It wouldn't be the first time I suggested something and my idea was implemented. :)