PDA

View Full Version : our autotargeting system doesn't work

wvhills
06-10-2013, 01:45 PM
our autotargeting system doesn't work. it's my understanding that we autotarget the closet mob to us. If u play any of the nordr bosses you will see that as a rogue your arrows (especially ur skills) will shoot behind the boss to break open the chests behind it. It does the same thing with mage lightning and fire ball skills. This should be fixed.

It would also be great if you could make it so that when we're attacking we don't try to open chests as we're fighting for our lives. it's aggravating to be spamming attacks and get disrupted and froze for a second when we suddenly try to open a chest because we're standing beside it. It would be great if chests weren't able to be opened until after the boss was dead.

Here's another thought: It would be REALLY great if you just credited us with the gold automatically (like in PL) instead of having to waste time breaking things and opening chests to get the 1-2 gold pieces out of them. Also, if you just did away with white and green drops and just gave us the 4-6 gold they liquidate for that would be REALLY SUPER great.

Wowsome
06-10-2013, 01:59 PM
our autotargeting system doesn't work. it's my understanding that we autotarget the closet mob to us. If u play any of the nordr bosses you will see that as a rogue your arrows (especially ur skills) will shoot behind the boss to break open the chests behind it. It does the same thing with mage lightning and fire ball skills. This should be fixed.

It would also be great if you could make it so that when we're attacking we don't try to open chests as we're fighting for our lives. it's aggravating to be spamming attacks and get disrupted and froze for a second when we suddenly try to open a chest because we're standing beside it. It would be great if chests weren't able to be opened until after the boss was dead.

Here's another thought: It would be REALLY great if you just credited us with the gold automatically (like in PL) instead of having to waste time breaking things and opening chests to get the 1-2 gold pieces out of them. Also, if you just did away with white and green drops and just gave us the 4-6 gold they liquidate for that would be REALLY SUPER great.

+1! :) that would be great :P

Slashiroth
06-10-2013, 03:06 PM
The auto target system def needs to be revamped but devs like to prioritize things to their liking so don't expect this to be fixed some time this millenium.

wvhills
06-11-2013, 07:15 AM
any feedback/acknowledgement lojack?

Lojack
06-11-2013, 10:34 AM
It is what it is, targeting wise.

Stay away from chests in combat!
"[reverses his grip and pins Ra's al Ghul to the floor] You never learned to mind your surroundings!" :)

wvhills
06-11-2013, 12:20 PM
I know it is what is. Lol. I'm asking if there's a way you can make it better and less aggravating.
I am very mindful of my surroundings but the combat area tends to get kinda cluttered between ice patches, boss red cones (both the ones you can see and the phantom ones you can't see), the actual boss and chests. I don't think it's much fun when the boss "strategy" becomes "health and mana pot really fast" because I got stuck on a chest. I'm not a programmer but it seems like it would be easy enough to program the breakables and chests to not being targetable until after the boss is dead. Or at least make it so we target the boss that's close to us and not every breakable behind him.

Pandamoni
06-11-2013, 01:04 PM
It is what it is, targeting wise.

Stay away from chests in combat!
"[reverses his grip and pins Ra's al Ghul to the floor] You never learned to mind your surroundings!" :)

... Where's the grimace emote? I think Rob's response sums it up perfectly:

...but the combat area tends to get kinda cluttered between ice patches, boss red cones (both the ones you can see and the phantom ones you can't see), the actual boss and chests. I don't think it's much fun when the boss "strategy" becomes "health and mana pot really fast" because I got stuck on a chest.

Couldn't have said it better.

I'm actually starting to note quite a bit of condescension by devs when concerns are constantly responded to with, "you need better gear!", or some variation of, "you need to play better". I could see if it was someone who can't play well and has a limited history with STS games and STS game mechanics but when it's someone who has been playing STS games for years you might realize there can be validity when suggestions are made by said player.

Lojack
06-11-2013, 04:16 PM
I wasn't trying to be condescending, it's the best advice I can give since there aren't any plans to change the way the context button works.

Pandamoni
06-11-2013, 04:39 PM
I wasn't trying to be condescending, it's the best advice I can give since there aren't any plans to change the way the context button works.

It wasn't a slam against you, Lojack, I just feel that when valid issues and concerns regarding the game are brought forth, rather than saying, "you guys are doing xyz wrong", saying, "It is like that intentionally", is a lot better than saying we aren't playing well or don't have the best gear (when people complain about being one shotted by Nordr bosses, this is what they're told. Never mind that my warrior friend in mythic armor is one shotted--how do you get better gear than that?). You don't have to share the why but it feels like condescension when we know something isn't quite right and we're told it's us and our skill/gear.

FluffNStuff
06-11-2013, 04:44 PM
The more I think about it, the more I realize it really it NOT going to change. While the fix might be ~simple~, ie, is target a (the barrels or chest) the most important or is there a more important target (boss or mob), in practice this 'decision' would have to run on every button press (whether there is barrels or chest or not or even if the player is in a town) of every character in every game, and that could significantly add load to an already laggy game.

wvhills
06-11-2013, 07:54 PM
The more I think about it, the more I realize it really it NOT going to change. While the fix might be ~simple~, ie, is target a (the barrels or chest) the most important or is there a more important target (boss or mob), in practice this 'decision' would have to run on every button press (whether there is barrels or chest or not or even if the player is in a town) of every character in every game, and that could significantly add load to an already laggy game.

Just take the breakable s and chests out of the bosses area. The bosses are where it's most annoying and it's not like we would miss the 7 gold.

FluffNStuff
06-11-2013, 08:57 PM
Just take the breakable s and chests out of the bosses area. The bosses are where it's most annoying and it's not like we would miss the 7 gold.

Hmm, brilliant. Guess they suffer the same problem I do which is looking at it from a programmers perspective and not a gamers. This needs to happen.

TW84
06-14-2013, 06:19 PM
Same thing happens in Hauntlet with those green poison droppings. Gets targetted even though mobs are closer.

Taejo
06-16-2013, 01:47 PM
Same thing happens in Hauntlet with those green poison droppings. Gets targetted even though mobs are closer.

Yes. I absolutely dislike playing my rogue and using shadow piercer because the direction my character goes is somewhat out of control.