PDA

View Full Version : Timed run challenge over! Thoughts?

wowdah
06-10-2013, 07:06 PM
Phew, that was a most amazing 3 days in Arcane legends! It was a fun challenge, to see who can beat the top records. Finally, a lot came out with mythic rings! I thumbs up this event, and think they should have one every season at minimum! Your thoughts?? :)

Btw i'll sell ring 10m plus hahahah.

Alhuntrazeck
06-10-2013, 08:14 PM
The contest wad a nice one, the pride was good and it put a lot of competitive spirit in everyone. What I dislike tho is dat the non plat spenders without mythics have little or no chance of winning.

wowdah
06-10-2013, 08:38 PM
The contest wad a nice one, the pride was good and it put a lot of competitive spirit in everyone. What I dislike tho is dat the non plat spenders without mythics have little or no chance of winning.

not true .. make a twink :)

hotpimp
06-10-2013, 08:49 PM
I maybe spent 100 plat on elixers?
50 spots.
3 rings.

TuMadreee
06-10-2013, 08:56 PM
^okay...

Anyways, mythic bow and 1.5mil for ring?

sirrotniuq
06-10-2013, 10:43 PM
shoulda been renamed rogue fest 2013' .... and im a rogue lol..... not really fair to the sorcerer and warrior.... should split up the rings by class somehow.

Valsacar
06-10-2013, 10:54 PM
That's really not true, my team (which we won) was 3 sorc and 1 rogue (sorry warriors, only some elite maps were good for you). At one point we had 6 records, then dropped down to 3, after I left we apparently lost another but they got it back...

Rogues are great, with a single shot they can cut a bosses health in half (or more) but only if the room is cleared of little things (what sorcs do best) so it actually hits the boss.

crazyangle03
06-11-2013, 03:43 AM
lol this event is not about just gears (though its a plus), its about strategy and timing.. planning and analyzing every possibilities to cut time.. the last day of the event my party is composed of mages and im only rouge (with Valsacar) and we beat some runs..

but the most memorable moment of the event is when we are desperate to get a good party (valsacar not online..you liar) but we cant find so we pick just random mage (Lucky Guy) from km since were there and we run km2 and we beat it in the final minutes of the event. i also run with 2 mages and me in lost mage mines enhance in the last minutes as well and we beat the previous time by almost 1 sec.. the feeling is awesome! haha

Kakatoa91
06-11-2013, 08:00 AM
I was happy to beat my solo time with the free super elixir vip with my lvl12 warrior. From 3.28 to 3.02... should have been under 3 if I didnt jump in wrong direction coz of 1 mob... aaaaah.

Yea I know far from the others best time lol...

Zuzeq
06-11-2013, 09:22 AM
I think most players think an Assassin can just throw on full Mythic gear and top spots will be a given. This could be further from the truth. Most elite maps you have to study, i mean legit study the best/fastest way to get through. This is where it was fun, learning new pulls on maps you wouldn't even look twice at on a normal day of farming. Legit stalking certain mobs movements, fing out the exact number of them you need to kill before the boss spawns. I'm talking about at least a half hour here, trying to take a elite map's time (at least pure) isn't just the "Walk in the park" I thought it was going to be. Overall it was a good learning experiece and even though its was mildly stressfull at times I wouldn't mind another event of this nature.

FluffNStuff
06-11-2013, 09:32 AM
So my thought on the elixir runs was pure dps weapon, back end passive skills first, then major skills only, perhaps even focus on stuff like smoke and curse over damage. The reason for this is the damage elixir only effects weapon and not skills, so with double damage on it, it seemed like pumping the auto would get the most damage per button press. Did anyone go with a strategy like this?

Alhuntrazeck
06-11-2013, 09:38 AM
So you think a mediocre mage with a nordr staff could get on the time lb? I don't think so.

Valsacar
06-11-2013, 09:42 AM
So you think a mediocre mage with a nordr staff could get on the time lb? I don't think so.

Paozufeh had no mythics, Asterox and I both did (as did Onestrikedead). But after I left they regained our lost mine time with just the three of them... so I'd have to say, yes they could get on the lb.

Onestrikedead... sorry... went to the pub for a great burger, planned to come back... beer.

Zuzeq
06-11-2013, 09:45 AM

Funny you say that, one of my Officers has "medicore" pink gear and he was on the team that held down A. Castle (24hrs), Grog Beach (eh about 12hrs), Kraken Mine lvl 3 (lol...2hrs) and the Wolf (24hrs). He just so happens to be an expert "Crowd Controller"... So yeah, at least a "shot". Please don't ask me to spell his name...lol.

Darko
06-11-2013, 10:08 AM
I think most players think an Assassin can just throw on full Mythic gear and top spots will be a given. This could be further from the truth. Most elite maps you have to study, i mean legit study the best/fastest way to get through. This is where it was fun, learning new pulls on maps you wouldn't even look twice at on a normal day of farming. Legit stalking certain mobs movements, fing out the exact number of them you need to kill before the boss spawns. I'm talking about at least a half hour here, trying to take a elite map's time (at least pure) isn't just the "Walk in the park" I thought it was going to be. Overall it was a good learning experiece and even though its was mildly stressfull at times I wouldn't mind another event of this nature.

Agree however all the ones who regularly do timed runs are already dull mythic and arcane users

Alhuntrazeck
06-11-2013, 10:17 AM
I don't know anyone who would pass over a full mythic geared mage for a mediocre one.

drgrimmy
06-11-2013, 10:22 AM
It was fun! Reminded me of the days back in season one when it seemed like there was a lot more excitement about and a lot more people going for timed runs. And yes, you did not need full mythic gear to win! The teams I was on got selected for rings seven times (don't worry I only got one :)) and that toon cost me less than 100k to gear up. It just took a little time to level up my toon and pet on Friday (really only an hour or so). And yes, as valsacar mentioned, many teams had a few mages on them. Even one of our leaderboard teams had three mages on it. So yes, I think pretty fair for almost all involved except perhaps for someone wanting to play with a warrior (although I think I saw a warrior getting a ring on the list). Thanks for all the good fun to all of those I ran with over the weekend. I would love to see something like this again!

Deadroth
06-11-2013, 11:23 AM
Ha ha ha. I didn't even run a single KM3 during the event. Cause i could beat all records muah XD

But in real i think some of "platdragons" were reaaallllyyy pissed off XD

Lipky
06-11-2013, 11:25 AM
Umm......

Zuzeq
06-11-2013, 12:10 PM
Agree however all the ones who regularly do timed runs are already dull mythic and arcane users

IDK Dark, I'm all Mythiced out and I got taken to school by some of my teams. Most of the cats you seen my name paired with have maybe a mythic helm and thats it. Most of the fastest runners don't rely on Mythic gear. They are legit students of these maps. They go in with a pair of Mountain teeth and study. After a couple test runs, they just tear it up. Pure talent I'm telling you. I never rolled with a full Mythic Rouge w/ hooks. The guys I ran with EARNED those fast times.

Zanpakuto
06-11-2013, 01:17 PM
Next time should make equipment worn a set standard. That way everyone gets a fair chance like in F1 racing. A team with all arcane and mythic items is just an example or the rich getting richer.

jb57542
06-11-2013, 02:00 PM
I believe the top 25 list should be posted by individuals instead of teams. I'd all four in the team gets the highest time they will have their name posted once. This will prevent one leaderboard from being covered by a single teams name since only you're best time will be reflected.

csyui
06-11-2013, 04:47 PM
pvp challenge would be more fun.

wowdah
06-11-2013, 05:26 PM
pvp challenge would be more fun.

maybe, but timed records is super fun too

csyui
06-11-2013, 05:47 PM
maybe, but timed records is super fun too

Nah...Killing npc makes me bored, lol.
I will definitely come back if new class introduced, say female warrior....:love_heart:

wowdah
06-11-2013, 11:58 PM
Nah...Killing npc makes me bored, lol.
I will definitely come back if new class introduced, say female warrior....:love_heart:

u come back now
or
STS make another character plssss!

HxC
06-12-2013, 12:22 AM
You know, this was fun for the first day. Everyone was getting pretty good times. Than, it got bad. All the mythic "pros" came in and knocked everyone off the lb just so they could win 2-5 mythic rings. I had two records and a team of three mythic player (who shall not be named) came in and beat my record by 3 seconds. Than, I came back to fond out that they decided to beat five more of the records i had by smidgeons of time. After the event was over I was like, "Calm down, they're just trying to increase their chance to win one mythic ring." I go on the Guild Chat to find out that some players got 5 mythic rings 5!!!!! I was so aggravated it was ridiculous. I feel after a team had won a mythic ring, they should not have been able to get 2-4 more.

Valsacar
06-12-2013, 04:56 PM
5, somehow I find that hard to believe. The most I know of is 3, and it took placing with three different characters.

The rules did say that after a team had won a mythic ring they could not win again, and no single character could win twice (even if they were in two different teams).

wowdah
06-12-2013, 11:51 PM
You know, this was fun for the first day. Everyone was getting pretty good times. Than, it got bad. All the mythic "pros" came in and knocked everyone off the lb just so they could win 2-5 mythic rings. I had two records and a team of three mythic player (who shall not be named) came in and beat my record by 3 seconds. Than, I came back to fond out that they decided to beat five more of the records i had by smidgeons of time. After the event was over I was like, "Calm down, they're just trying to increase their chance to win one mythic ring." I go on the Guild Chat to find out that some players got 5 mythic rings 5!!!!! I was so aggravated it was ridiculous. I feel after a team had won a mythic ring, they should not have been able to get 2-4 more.

bro, I hate to say this, but that's the point of a competition, to win :D

Taejo
06-13-2013, 10:58 AM
Terrible contest design - virtually no foresight from developers of how skewed it would turn out. The fact that L15 twinks won is pathetic - give them their own contest. I truly hope Energizeric's post in Suggestions & Feedback forum is taken to heart by devs.

katish
06-13-2013, 04:03 PM
If you can't beat them, join them!