PDA

View Full Version : Anyone From China on The Forum Here !?!

Arjun
10-16-2010, 12:12 AM
If yes, and you can follow this then I’m sure your ability with English is good enough to help - Add: YANWONG / Yanwong / yanwong

Reason: Player is having difficulty communicate with team-mates. Best guess - Player is based in China !?!

Ran into a player named Yanwong (I’m guess he/she is form China) - reason being - while clearing one of the levels (shadows and king of Mynas) the team (mostly lvl’s 48 and above including Yan) took a call on not to approach shadows.

It was kind of funny to watch but our mage Yanwong ran straight into the shadow room. And I mean deep. So I call out on chat saying - Yanwong nooooooo. No Response. So I figured at this point that Yan didn't speak English perhaps. Which is fine by me. I broke it down into simple phrases and even set of some of the fire-crackers on my emote bar to get his attention and bring him out. By this point however the shadow’s were onto us. Aliens already engaged by the other three members of the team.

After a hectic battle I mentioned that yan might have had something to do with the shadows. Not his fault at all. Considering. Anyway, all said and done we put that behind us and we get to the boss room and the call is to clear the minions as much as can be done effectively and without alerting boss - Yan didn’t catch that and turned in to fight the boss. At which point he got booted from our game.

Now I don’t think that was fair at all. And I seriously hope that someone who can communicate with this guy (could be just some kid - I’m thinking from China or somewhere thereabout’s) can add him accordingly and bring him upto speed on common tactics and such that party’s have adopted. I guess that way at least even if english is directly a problem he at least know’s what everybody might be thinking and or where coordination is absolutely critical.

So with that in mind im putting the little dude’s IGN here. Anyone I guess, even US based player that might be learning or know some basic Chinese. Can it be communicated phonetically and without a specialized keyboard I don’t even know. Or perhaps even STS put up a more multi-lingual website or game-play manual. Just a thought.

NotE: I’m sure he already has a bunch of people he’s good with in-game. But going by the situation yesterday - I think the dude need’s a bit of a how-to by everybody who has figured out how to kill the new bosses. No problem with that - all of us been showed the way sometime or another. So.

TwinkTastical
10-16-2010, 12:15 AM
Ummm not to be rascist or wtf ever u wanna twist it into, but are mmos even LEGAL in china? I mean.. u never see anyone on xbl from china....i dun think.

Ellyidol
10-16-2010, 12:16 AM
Ummm not to be rascist or wtf ever u wanna twist it into, but are mmos even LEGAL in china? I mean.. u never see anyone on xbl from china....i dun think.

Thats what I thought too. Maybe some parts of China? I remember going there once and no facebook/youtube. I even heard they're censoring google.

Arjun
10-16-2010, 12:17 AM

Dude. . .wtf is wtf. spew that verbal vomit in ur own living room or something.

What's more - it come's off sounding crude when used in the mmo world itself. Bringing down drastically and rapidly the value of gameplay when some-too-lazy-to-type-middle-wit-spews-verbal garbage like wtf!!!

Even more so when wonder-boy capitalizes the same - what an effort!!

I mean if you want to say it - say it!! If you cant - close your eyes and think it to yourself.

TwinkTastical
10-16-2010, 12:18 AM
Lmao? Your very trollish!

Edit: Btw ur from india.. incase u forgot or somthing..
Edit#2: And woah.. how do u asume china? if an american makes a char named yawong, that makes them asain?

Slush
10-16-2010, 12:22 AM

whats ur gamertag? ill add u lol

Arjun
10-16-2010, 12:24 AM
Lmao? Your very trollish!

Edit: Btw ur from india.. in-case u forgot or something..
Edit#2: And woah.. how do u assume china? if an American makes a char named yawong, that makes them asain?

I assume China because the player did not respond to simple English as stated above. Ummm - beginning to wonder if you can actually comprehend what was written. Ooooh. NZ. right right. Either way. Not my problem. Am sure someone with half a brian will come along and do the needful. Thanks for your two cent's tho. Or sheep shillings or whatever.

MurdocX
10-16-2010, 12:32 AM
The reason you never see Chinese gamers is because tell me how this would sound in an XBL game with mic's.

"Hey bro, mind helping me out ove..."
"是否有其他人交谈,中文吗?!?!?!"
"Wha.."
"中华美富中!!!!!"
"Dude, what are you even saying?"
"随机文本"
"Wow, I'm out..."
"呵呵???"
*_________ has left the game*

Most games tend to either BLOCK or redirect foreign IP's to servers specifically made for that region to avoid conflict. So when you log into XBL, when the servers read your IP, it connects you to a server closest to you, rather than some off shore server in the middle of China.

However, PL isn't big enough yet to have multiple foreign servers, let alone support them. So it's very likely that someone from China could be playing PL (unless the Developers have blocked foreign IP's outside of it's allowed countries). However I really do doubt it's someone from China because more than likely they wouldn't comprehend English letters or sounds, aside from the fact that they put together letters to make a Chinese sounding username.

TwinkTastical
10-16-2010, 12:37 AM
I assume China because the player did not respond to simple English as stated above. Ummm - beginning to wonder if you can actually comprehend what was written. Ooooh. NZ. right right. Either way. Not my problem. Am sure someone with half a brian will come along and do the needful. Thanks for your two cent's tho. Or sheep shillings or whatever.

Now i see, i guess ur rascist? half the people in california cant speak english... and your picking asians...

Arjun
10-16-2010, 12:40 AM
However, PL isn't big enough yet to have multiple foreign servers, let alone support them. So it's very likely that someone from China could be playing PL (unless the Developers have blocked foreign IP's outside of it's allowed countries). However I really do doubt it's someone from China because more than likely they wouldn't comprehend English letters or sounds, aside from the fact that they put together letters to make a Chinese sounding username.

Fair enough. You have a point there. Speaking exclusively about Pocket Legends however - not Xrash box - I have played a couple of games with people form Spain. Given the text is similar - italic what you call it. People from Jakarta and Indonesia can communicate using English keyboards and phonetically type out words. I know some are finicky about mis-spelling and such - but the world is way way bigger than just one little basement out in the middle of nowhere - So. Accordingly - China was a guess. Player could be Thai - Malay - Was defft. Not Japanese. Yeah - they log in too. SURPRISE!!!

Point is - They have a communication problem and Booting or spouting wisdom such as WTF - is only going to cost STS one player. Does not add up to much in the larger scheme of things I know. But there you have it.

TwinkTastical
10-16-2010, 12:43 AM
Theres more than my basement!?!?

Arjun
10-16-2010, 12:44 AM
Now i see, i guess ur rascist? half the people in california cant speak english... and your picking asians...

Wassat - no more wtf's - why not?

MurdocX
10-16-2010, 12:46 AM

He's not racist in the slightest, your just implying your own assumptions on his simple question. What your saying is about the equivalent of me implying that your "Can't speak English" remark is about Hispanics (I'm Hispanic, notice how my implication was a personal assumption of mine?).

Also, the name gives to a certain type of Asian descent. It's not Racist to be able to tell if something is culturally relevant, in fact most people get more angry when you don't know a cultures identity. It's the same as assuming a username like El_Burrito1 is of Hispanic descent, nothing racist with acknowledging a people and it's culture.

Xjargon
10-16-2010, 04:44 AM
There are many Asian players, I met many Japanese and chinese. The Chinese are big spenders, spending an average of 200 usd on ao3. Their English is better than mine

Chickdigcookies
10-16-2010, 11:10 AM
i know people from china who play PL.im mexican and play from mexico....yes i like tacos.

Arterra
10-16-2010, 11:47 AM
this has deteriorated into pointless arguments.
http://i902.photobucket.com/albums/ac221/yuyuhakushi/notebook.jpg

He was no trying to be racist, in fact he was trying to help out. stupididty is another thing lulz so stop flaming lol

kurl
10-16-2010, 01:15 PM
just end this tread now cause maybe devs are knocked out because they havent been doing any thing on fourms lately so before someone gets realy offended just end this?
and if he cant speak english sorry bro and someone will help him but tread closed?

SpeedWeed
10-17-2010, 09:47 PM
Reason: Player is having difficulty communicate with team-mates. Best guess - Player is based in China !?!

1. pl does not support mandarin script.

2. there are leeroy jenkins in every game.

i understand you may mean well with your post. the stereotyping may offend some people.

TwinkTastical
10-17-2010, 10:04 PM
There are many Asian players, I met many Japanese and chinese. The Chinese are big spenders, spending an average of 200 usd on ao3. Their English is better than mine

That makes 0 sense... money is converted... lmao

Inching
10-17-2010, 10:05 PM

MMOs are legal in China.... there is a MMO on the app store which is much like PL... Its on the top free list. China MMOs are also online on the web and mostly free but in game purchasing, thats the trend in the East. Im from Hong Kong... and 30mins away from the border... so I know.

That dude perhaps just didnt want to listen or very well might not understand.. but seeing how he's lvl 47 up, he's done good for not knowing english dont you think?

TwinkTastical
10-17-2010, 10:06 PM
MMOs are legal in China.... there is a MMO on the app store which is much like PL... Its on the top free list. China MMOs are also online on the web and mostly free but in game purchasing, thats the trend in the East. Im from Hong Kong... and 30mins away from the border... so I know.

That dude perhaps just didnt want to listen or very well might not understand.. but seeing how he's lvl 47 up, he's done good for not knowing english dont you think?

Thx for clearing tht up.

Umm I dun listen when myna prods tell me what to do either o.O

SpeedWeed
10-17-2010, 10:10 PM

a trained monkey can play pl right up to AO3 ;)

cry
10-17-2010, 11:09 PM

That is a joke right? One of the highest wait you say the highest addiction rate to computers and the things that go with computers in the world, and yes that country is china. Sc2, well that my be a korean game, but still... Ten bucks one of the highest rank RS players is asian x) Anyways FOO.

TwinkTastical
10-17-2010, 11:12 PM
Umm one of the top ten gold farmers u mean?

cry
10-17-2010, 11:14 PM
HS, rs!...

TwinkTastical
10-17-2010, 11:15 PM
lul... this is in HS, and mine
http://i876.photobucket.com/albums/ab330/instinctiveko/ef0c2666.jpg
oldish pic.

cry
10-17-2010, 11:17 PM
Looks like your the dumb-jock RS type x)

TwinkTastical
10-17-2010, 11:20 PM
Only diff is im now 80 hp, 84 range, 65 dungeoun... Aaaaaaaaand... here, youtube, rawktopink

cry
10-17-2010, 11:21 PM
RS, failcakes...

Arjun
10-18-2010, 12:09 AM

Inching - the story teller!! alright. Ur right the little dude did make it to 47 (I think he was lvl 49) - but that's the easy part! He was with us killing minions right up to the boss rooms splits - Mynas King and Alien boss (AO3). Which is what made the Boot all the more painful. I would think!!

And the assumption is that it's happening to the dude often enough. The in-game chat or communication between the other 4 players seemed to be fine. In this instance. No casual talk, just your basic - fall back, rez plz, thnks, not Mynas, kill minions first. . . ect. Again - Yanwong just didnt seem to follow that - maybe he wasn't paying attention - maybe it was a language issue.

In the earlier lvl's this may not have been such a big deal. But with AO3 I just figured someone who is running about heedless might do better if they had someone lead them through a couple of campaigns. Someone they can basically communicate with. Basically - as in on a basic level - just so we are clear on why the word is being use comprehensively. No philosophy as such. Just plain and simple - 'if group is not go to mynas chamber.' 'Then you wait and follow other way.' Before kill boss - kill minion first. That sort of thing.

All may seem obvious to people who have been playing MMO's before - but since the floor is open to assumptions - mine is that this kid hasn't. If he has and he's good - I'd be alright with the fact that he may be better than me.

At the end of the day I wouldn't go with implementation of keyboards. Have No intentions of building the Alterren tower of Bable - or perhaps I do. . . .But perhaps your own in-game help screen can have more language options. That would be a good place to start. I think.

starjaya
12-30-2010, 09:35 AM
my friend,from chinese,use xxn in his back names:).... We all same,helping each other:)WE ALL THE WORLD,WE ALL THE CHIDREN,like Michael Jackson songs:):):)

Fyrce
12-30-2010, 12:44 PM
There are lots of Chinese players. A few of them do not speak great English but they speak more than enough for the game. And they are very nice, great players in general. Actually I've met lots of nationalities, some speaking better English than others. They are all pretty cool people. When someone asks where I'm from, I always start w/ U.S. because quite frequently, they're from a different country.

It would be nice if someone sees this guy to see if he can be helped. It's possible he's just a bad player, but it doesn't hurt anyone to try to find out. The reason I'm not sure whether just English is the issue is because of his level and because he should know better than to rush about by now, particularly if he doesn't know how it's usually done. You usually follow the lead of whoever seems to know what they're doing. Maybe he thought you guys were a shadows-xp group, not a totems group...? And he wasn't paying attention.

BTW, clearing shadows is pretty easy. I've followed people who rush in and help wipe the shadows (gather in a few spots, all clean), and then go after aliens. Usually they follow.

Just a thought.