PDA

View Full Version : IntBear or BowBear?

TheLaw
10-16-2010, 03:24 AM
Okay, so I was creating a few more characters just now and just realized that I need 2 warriors, 2 pure dex & 2 mages. I need help choosing between these two hybrids(IntBear and BowBear), since the release of Ao3, Int is on the rise because of their high regens, but I asked Twinktastic in game and he said he preferred a BowBear.

Can you guys leave your opinions and views on why you prefer that hybrid build? Thanks a lot and happy gaming! :)

Jsaieagle
10-16-2010, 07:33 AM
Hey Law, I can tell you a truth.... under ao3, tanks and pure dex archer owned...

Tanks with rift owned both pvp and pve, dex archer in void set owned pvp!!!!

int bears can't stand even pve, the boss will blow you up even you took the double armor pot.. :(

TheLaw
10-16-2010, 08:00 AM
Hey Jsai :) it's not that I know that, I already have a pure dex and pure Mage in training. Have 3 extra characters, so I was wondering which hybrid of each class is the best :P

Arterra
10-16-2010, 09:36 AM
bow bear i guess. dex just wins more than int any day. also i think bears get minimal benefit from int...

Xviperr
10-16-2010, 09:51 AM
imo: trying int/Str bears
having it at 142/158int then rest into str..

taunt/ beckon
-rage
-hellscream
-use all slashes
-normal attack when beck/taunt cooldown going finish then STOMP
-stomp

and do the rotation again

IMO: staff of ra / apep at least
then get a Lv50 AoE staff. (idk which lvl 50 staff got aoe)

the DPS should be owning as ur normal attack will splash to all nearby mobs
plus point here is ur slashes AoE too (:

else: dagger DEX bear
with the dagger proc of bleeding and ur skills does have a maximum range of attack (12m)
it would be an awesome DPS on single target.
eg: bossing or pvp(need to be confirm)
perhaps 142/158dex rest STR
else pure dex

Arterra
10-16-2010, 09:57 AM
imo: trying int/Str bears
having it at 142/158int then rest into str..

taunt/ beckon
-rage
-hellscream
-use all slashes
-normal attack when beck/taunt cooldown going finish then STOMP
-stomp

and do the rotation again

IMO: staff of ra / apep at least
then get a Lv50 AoE staff. (idk which lvl 50 staff got aoe)

the DPS should be owning as ur normal attack will splash to all nearby mobs
plus point here is ur slashes AoE too (:

else: dagger DEX bear
with the dagger proc of bleeding and ur skills does have a maximum range of attack (12m)

aoe good point. good luck getting a keeper's staff lol
also, i just am doubtful of that no dex thing. less hit%?

TheLaw
10-18-2010, 09:00 PM
Ahh, but can i ask, how do i replace the lack of M/s in DexBears, cause Bears dont need no 20 M/s

cry
10-19-2010, 01:06 PM
Dex bear, fo' sho. Higher armor, crit, dodge(ninja), and DPS.

Why? Because the main appeal of speccing to int was always the nightmare proc that certain wands(35/45) gave, which cosmos lacks. So really, what's the point?

To play a useless class, what else?

Anyways go dex, they are fun, own in pvp if played correctly and just really fun.

Teflon
10-19-2010, 02:56 PM
Hi TheLaw, speaking as someone who owns both a BowBear and IntBear. I say go with the IntBear. It was the first toon I was able to use to get to Lvl 50. My game playing style has evolved since owning a hybrid like this. It's challenging but a whole lot of fun. Those who've played with me when I use my IntBear (TeflonWizard) can hopefully attest to the beauty that is a IntBear.

Wrt AO3, I have faced bosses with birds and mages (no tanks), and survived without using armor pots. You just need to watch your health meter very closely and some hits will take you close to death in seconds. I generally pop about 2 health pots + Heal in a King Mynas fight (as an example).

Anyway, this is solely my opinion. Hope its helpful. Cheers!

cry
10-20-2010, 02:43 PM
Or maybe to rock a weapon that's similar to what you're lacking between your legs.

J-j-j-jokes.

Btw, anyone know if the cyber armor creates a set with the talon, wing, and overlord helm?

Thats might be hard to take x) So I will take it as a compliment, now I get to wear pretty dresses and stuff.

Raxie
10-20-2010, 03:06 PM
well, if you want to pvp, int bears suck. dex bears are actually really good with full void.

cry
10-20-2010, 09:56 PM
Int bears in pvp, proven they suck?

TheLaw
10-20-2010, 11:46 PM
I dont really care if they suck in PvP, the main things are:

1. Cool armor to wear
2. Nice to play with
3. Strong
4. CHEAP ITEMS!

Draq
10-28-2010, 09:56 AM
Intbear for lvling other ppl- i suggest a keepers staff for lvl 50's or an apep for 45-49. For kills after lvling up spec to bowbear and use a void blaster

Player01
10-31-2010, 04:36 PM
Same here, I signed up yesterday also deciding to pick a hybrid class to play with. My main and only purpose is PVP. What should I be?

P.S. Are hybrid classes fun?

TwinkTastical
10-31-2010, 07:42 PM
What level? intbear is the Shiiiiiip at 2-30

TheLaw
10-31-2010, 07:49 PM
Hey Player01, i suggest you get to level19 with balefort and use the IntBear build, only mages and tankers can kill IntBears, so its kinda one of the best builds for PvP

TwinkTastical
10-31-2010, 08:01 PM
Hey Player01, i suggest you get to level19 with balefort and use the IntBear build, only mages and tankers can kill IntBears, so its kinda one of the best builds for PvP

Mages cant kill anything..i call them cripples. I.E "I just killed a geared elf!" What i hear: I just Beat up a cripple and took off his weelchair weel!
Tankers get kited

TheLaw
10-31-2010, 08:05 PM
Well i tried out the "Combat Triangle" last night, it was awesome! 80+ continueos kills. All from mages, when the IntBear came, i got extinct! Another build to try is the DexBear.