PDA

View Full Version : Bonus experience for parties

Pyromagnium
06-12-2013, 07:51 AM
I realize one gets an experience bonus when in a party, but I have a few questions I'm hoping can be answered.

1. How much extra is the party bonus?
2. Do you need to be in a party of 4 to receive the bonus?
3. If not, how much is the bonus for a party of 2 and 3?
4. Do pets receive the bonus?
5. If I am in a party, but my party members are not in the instance with me (due to d/c or some other reason) do I still get the exp bonus?
6. How do experience elixirs work in relation to the party bonus? As in which is applied first, and which stacks on top?

If any of you could answer even one of these I would be grateful.

Thank you!

Rare
06-12-2013, 08:07 AM
Actually, it doesn't have anything to do with Parties. merely the number of players in the instance.

I don't think STS has give hard numbers, but one of the developers did indicate that the more players in the instance, the bigger the bonus. So, to answer your other question, no you don't have to have 4. Pets receive the bonus.

As for your other questions, I can only make assumptions about them. I'm sure that's not what you're looking for.

Pyromagnium
06-12-2013, 08:38 AM
Actually, it doesn't have anything to do with Parties. merely the number of players in the instance.

I don't think STS has give hard numbers, but one of the developers did indicate that the more players in the instance, the bigger the bonus. So, to answer your other question, no you don't have to have 4. Pets receive the bonus.

As for your other questions, I can only make assumptions about them. I'm sure that's not what you're looking for.

Very interesting.

This clears up a lot of things for me, thank you for your thoughtful response Aedenos. As for your assumptions, I'd appreciate them all the same. I'm open to all theory :)

Rare
06-12-2013, 09:20 AM
Very interesting.

This clears up a lot of things for me, thank you for your thoughtful response Aedenos. As for your assumptions, I'd appreciate them all the same. I'm open to all theory :)

My assumption on elixirs is that it will stack with the party bonus the same way as other elixirs.

For example: +50% elixir and 4 member team bonus (lets say 25%) would be:

EXP x (1+0.5+0.25)

darthdlo
06-12-2013, 04:20 PM
thank u, time and time again i have to try to explain to ppl that u do not have to be in a party to get xp bonus just need 4 ppl playing together.

Rare
06-12-2013, 04:22 PM
thank u, time and time again i have to try to explain to ppl that u do not have to be in a party to get xp bonus just need 4 ppl playing together.

From what I gather, you don't even need 4. I may have misunderstood, and I can't search for the thread right now.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Bless
06-12-2013, 04:51 PM
An xp boost from one added person in the dungeon is 10%, I think Samhayne said it.

DocDoBig
06-13-2013, 02:53 PM
I can say that in PL in a full party of 5 members you get +30% (confirmed).

So instead of 1XP you get 1,3XP (easy math isn't it), this can probably drawn to AL as well since all _L games use more or less the same StS engine.