PDA

View Full Version : Devs , I Need You're Permission

Hayabusaz
10-16-2010, 09:39 AM
Hi , I Need You , Devs , To Accept Or Decline To My Idea :

I'm About To Create An Application Called " PL Character Viewer " .

This Application Will Be An App That Let's You View You're PL Character With Any Items In Game .

In This App , There Will Be ALL Items And All Weapons , Gears , Hats And Everything , With Those , You Will Be Able To Look At Your Character With Any Items , Just A View , Like That , People Will Stop Asking To " Wear The Item On The Seller To See The Look " Or Stop Asking " Give Me The Item Like That I Look At It , I'll Give You It Back In 2 Sec " ..

Maybe This App Will Make Less Scams .. Because Some People Don't Give The Items Back ..

So , Devs .. Will You Let Me Create This App ?

Already Working On It , Just Need You're Permission !

Thanks !

- Peace, MC

Wbto-Angeluscustos
10-16-2010, 09:40 AM
yeas that would be great.. i already got scammed pls make and spacetime studios pls accept

Arterra
10-16-2010, 09:45 AM
hmm... i would think you will also have to ask for character frameworks, present and future item frameworks and graphix too... a mini dev lol.
We NEED this app, but will they do it?

Wbto-Angeluscustos
10-16-2010, 09:51 AM
and how much will it cost?

FluffNStuff
10-16-2010, 09:58 AM
So in essence you are asking for server access. Good luck!

Wbto-Angeluscustos
10-16-2010, 09:59 AM
what do you mean server access?

Arterra
10-16-2010, 10:02 AM
dev access/power i guess

Hayabusaz
10-16-2010, 10:03 AM
and how much will it cost?

It Will Be FREE

Hayabusaz
10-16-2010, 10:04 AM
hmm... i would think you will also have to ask for character frameworks, present and future item frameworks and graphix too... a mini dev lol.
We NEED this app, but will they do it?

I Am Creating This App .. Already Started ;) I Need Devs ... That's All

Wbto-Angeluscustos
10-16-2010, 10:09 AM
yes i dont think that he would just do it for power maybe thats part of it but he really would be helping the PL community and i vote for it to go trhough and be made ;)

CanonicalKoi
10-16-2010, 10:18 AM
The only problem I can see with it is having to stash anything you aren't using (referring to the non-merchants among us). I can see it now:

"But you have *two*, give me one!
"Sell me (whatever). I can see you've got one."
insert annoying begging, whining and pleading here. It's bad enough dealing with the random begging for items, gold, pots and pleas of how, as a lvl 2, they're just going to die if you don't power-level them up to 50 by tomorrow, but getting targeted because of what you're carrying? (shudder) "With great power comes great responsibility" comes to mind.

Wbto-Angeluscustos
10-16-2010, 10:20 AM
lol i totaly agree but i have to admit i did ask for some gold sometimes from people but always my friends.. so i dont know if i would be considered a begger?

Chickdigcookies
10-16-2010, 10:27 AM
So youre trying to make a "PL Armory"? I mean, you could do it on your own if you had all the gear. No need to get into the server. Would be a bit monotonous though. But if you want to show us, in our gear, that would require you to be in the server. and well, youre SOL.

What you could do is a PL Calculator. Say, i want a bear, but i need to know the possible outcomes of gear and stat combination. Thats easy,all you need is all the gear, stats, bonus, requirements, etc. People can work out a way to have their character at full potential without blowing a respecc. but thats just me...

CanonicalKoi
10-16-2010, 10:28 AM
lol i totaly agree but i have to admit i did ask for some gold sometimes from people but always my friends.. so i dont know if i would be considered a begger?

No, no! I'm talking about folks walking up to total strangers and saying, "give me....." or "I want.....". Asking (emphasis on *asking*) a friend for help is something else again. Hopefully, friends can accept an answer of "no" with better grace than the actual beggars seem to be able to muster.

Wbto-Angeluscustos
10-16-2010, 12:32 PM
yeah i can lol :0

Vyvin
10-16-2010, 12:40 PM
I was thinking about a plhq.com kind of thing.
with resources highscores signature maker and junk but i doubt they will let.
if they do i wanna help i know a bit using iOS.
/Vyvin

Wbto-Angeluscustos
10-16-2010, 12:47 PM
yeah me too.... :)

Gaabob
10-16-2010, 02:03 PM
Masterchief why do you Always Type With The First Letter Of Every Word Capitalized? It Is Very Annoying And Difficult To Read. Please Stop

Gaabob
10-16-2010, 02:06 PM
Oh and on the note of money being rare, I'm going to spend an hour or two asap discovering which map level gives the most money on average. Then I will farm it like there is no tomorrow.

TwinkTastical
10-17-2010, 02:35 AM
PL Shield Attempt #2.

Inching
10-17-2010, 02:48 AM
pl shield attempt #2.

hahhahahahaha

jonboy
10-17-2010, 02:59 AM
Lol +1 twink

Hayabusaz
10-17-2010, 10:00 AM
Ok .. PL SHIELD Is Just OUT Of My Mind ! I DON'T WANT ANY SHIELD !!
But I Think I'm NOT Gonna Make This App ... You Guys Are Making Me SICK When I Try To Help You!
This Is NOT A COMMUNITY !!

Why Would I Make Your Life Easier And Help You ? I Will Now , NOT MAKE THE APP , Thanks Kids

cry
10-17-2010, 10:01 AM
You will now NOT capitalize every letter.

Hayabusaz
10-17-2010, 10:08 AM
You will now NOT capitalize every letter.

Hummm .. Since I'm On Forums , I Do This ... I Think You're Not The One To Tell Me What To Do .

Thank You .

kurl
10-17-2010, 10:50 AM
PL Shield Attempt #2.

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!! also fail #2? but nah i guess this is good ? =D

TwinkTastical
10-17-2010, 10:54 AM
But I Think I'm NOT Gonna Make This App ... You Guys Are Making Me SICK When I Try To Help You!

Why Would I Make Your Life Easier And Help You ? I Will Now , NOT MAKE THE APP , Thanks Kids

Ok cool! doubt you even know how to make any app...

Arterra
10-17-2010, 12:07 PM

Ok cool! doubt you even know how to make any app...

i shall defend you!!

i have looked into making this exact kind of thing. I who have no experience think it is possible to do. just takes time+effort which i do not have, but believe MC might have.

thank you for trying MC. though you have better luck asking for permission just to use screenshots of PL stuff instead of complete access. after granted just use Yanis' stuff (with his permission too lol)

Vyvin
10-17-2010, 12:48 PM
Started on plhq coming soon a noob near you.

Hummm .. Since I'm On Forums , I Do This ... I Think You're Not The One To Tell Me What To Do .

Thank You .

Thats Cry's second attempt to change something someone does.
KEEP IT TO YOUR SELF CRY.
/Vyvin

TwinkTastical
10-17-2010, 02:24 PM
You can make it, just dont expect a shield or any gratitude... we all know names and looks of items...

Demonicdevyn
10-17-2010, 03:18 PM
i dont :P
twink wanna lend me some items
the server keeps logging me off and delteing freinds
mc if u know how to make it it woukd be a great app
so keep trying on it

TwinkTastical
10-17-2010, 03:40 PM
i dont :P
twink wanna lend me some items
the server keeps logging me off and delteing freinds
mc if u know how to make it it woukd be a great app
so keep trying on it

Sure , i always lend items, got my 14s out on lend atm :)
I think masterchief is talking about the may i wear it first scam from personal experience :)

Demonicdevyn
10-17-2010, 03:51 PM
can i borrow ur 13 id like to have the onl 2 in the game instead of only 1 of em

TwinkTastical
10-17-2010, 04:40 PM
can i borrow ur 13 id like to have the onl 2 in the game instead of only 1 of em

Nope, its mineeee , and theres like 5 of them :)

setec
10-17-2010, 05:58 PM
You know what - I don't care who makes it, if there was an armory type app for PL, I would use it every day so I could see all the items without have to go onto the forums and look at pictures.

Although I would get this app in a heartbeat, it would be better if the armory was added into the game itself.

This is a good idea and if he gets dev permission, I wish him luck.

cry
10-17-2010, 06:05 PM
Started on plhq coming soon a noob near you.

Thats Cry's second attempt to change something someone does.
KEEP IT TO YOUR SELF CRY.
/Vyvin

I see fail, I try to change that fail x)
As much as you have annoyed me, your /vyvin thingy is not half as annoying as I Like Pie So Much.

Wbto-Angeluscustos
10-17-2010, 06:07 PM
yeah vyvin its so annoying i have to agree with cry on this one

Arterra
10-17-2010, 06:09 PM
ok if MC is not making this... DEVS MAKE US A CONSIGNMENT/AUCTION HOUSE APP!!!!

Conradin
10-17-2010, 06:16 PM
stop trollin, an flamin, its a good idea to make an armory app. I know ide use it, hopefully pocketlegends will accept ure idea mc. I think if u did make the app it would be awesome.

cry
10-17-2010, 07:45 PM
MC is pretty see through...

TwinkTastical
10-17-2010, 10:08 PM
When you do it for a pl shield, devs print out your words and then burn them!

KingFu
10-17-2010, 10:12 PM

Such a saint, guys, maybe he's not trying to get a pl shield anymore *Sarcasm* hehe;)

TheLaw
10-17-2010, 10:20 PM
masterchief is a reasonable person :) Facebook Like! xD

TheLaw
10-17-2010, 10:23 PM
ok if MC is not making this... DEVS MAKE US A CONSIGNMENT/AUCTION HOUSE APP!!!!

no, make us an Auction/Selling House, I wont waste my cash on Overpriced items in Ao3 ==

KingFu
10-17-2010, 10:40 PM
I think the next application on the iDevices from spacetime that's related to PL will be pocket forums:)

TwinkTastical
10-17-2010, 10:55 PM
or pocket FPS pl

cry
10-17-2010, 11:02 PM
FPS fails, you know what a FPS is right?

TwinkTastical
10-17-2010, 11:09 PM
Yes and im damn good at them, make bows hit heads, simple

cry
10-17-2010, 11:11 PM
Yes and im damn good at them, make bows hit heads, simple

Good, because FPS suck.

TwinkTastical
10-17-2010, 11:12 PM
I guess u suck :)

cry
10-17-2010, 11:13 PM
I dun' goofd'

flaimdude
10-17-2010, 11:25 PM
Don't You Just Love It When People Type Like This? Or EveN tYpiNG lIkE THis?

But in all seriousness, this would be a good application. Connection to server = no, but if you had a viewer where you could put any item on a character, that'd be pretty cool. So really all you'd need from the devs is the renders, etc.

KingFu
10-17-2010, 11:28 PM
I feel like this is Yanis thread but as an app. Is it necessary? No. Would it be cool? Perhaps. Depending on how you took it, it could be crap, or could be cool. I do kinda think this is for a shield though;)

Cheah
10-17-2010, 11:41 PM
PL Shield Attempt #2.

Wakakaka, I like this so much:)

Demonicdevyn
10-17-2010, 11:47 PM
mastercheif i want this app do it~!!!

TwinkTastical
10-17-2010, 11:48 PM
Just give him his shield, just till he equips it.

setec
10-18-2010, 07:26 AM
Yep, that's right, anyone with a good idea is just looking for a PL shield. Jealous much?

Ellyidol
10-18-2010, 07:33 AM
If a PL shield is what makes people do good stuff for App I'd say good job on STS. Make other people do work to make PL better/friendlier/more market. Its just a code for them and it translates to $$$, so good on them.

Edit:

Despite your good intentions mc, sadly back home we have a term for this. Jejemon (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jejemon)

Chickdigcookies
10-18-2010, 09:59 AM
I feel like this is Yanis thread but as an app. Is it necessary? No. Would it be cool? Perhaps. Depending on how you took it, it could be crap, or could be cool. I do kinda think this is for a shield though;)

lol. Yanis thread on an app? Its called the WoW Armory. Thats pretty much whats hes trying to do. You look up a character and it shows their gear, stats, build, achievements and guild info, Blizzard launched their app about 1 year ago, and i firmly believe MC is trying to emulate.

Rare
03-15-2013, 10:56 AM
Like I said before, I understand from a business mindset why us other players are being ignored but letting us know updates are on the horizon brings excitement for us.

This totally.

Edit: um... I'm not sure how this got posted here. Mobile app glitch maybe

Mysticaleagle
03-15-2013, 11:02 AM
This totally.

Edit: um... I'm not sure how this got posted here. Mobile app glitch maybe

Thanks for that, I have now found so many members/players that I haven't seen in years.
But most of them are banned.. i'm not happy about this. At all.

Justg
03-15-2013, 11:06 AM
We're not happy about banning folks either Mystical. We really wish everyone would just hang out and be cool, like most of you.

Closing Necro.