PDA

View Full Version : Need help with almost absolutely everything. Please? VERY new here.

RagnarokPlayer
06-12-2013, 03:00 PM
Okay so I've played another MMORPG before (Ragnarok) so I know the basics of some stuff.
But from my two days of playing I can tell that things work very differently here.

Anyway, I've made a Rogue and I need help "tweaking" my build. (I'm currently level 15)

BASIC BUILD :
I didn't know what skills to take so far, so I've taken the safe way out : increased the passives what I thought were important. "Durable" is at level 3, "Damage" is at level 3, "Agility" is at level 3, and "Might" is at level 3. The only active(?) skill is Razor Shield which is at level 2.

I don't know where to go from here. Help with that please?

EQUIPS
Uhm. Your standard noob level equips I guess. Although I do have a 'pink' level 15 weapon with some decent stats. It's called "Night Brands of Potency".
For helmet I'm using Catskin Hat of Security, for armor Catskins of Stability, for ring Onyx Loop of Security and for amulet I'm using Gold chain of potency (I do have a pink Ornate Pendant of Fatality but its stats are worse)

ITEMS FOR SALE
I think I got lucky and got an Aspen egg (auction price 17k), and I have a level 12 pink Darkness Rod of Brutality (auction price 5k)

PETS
I have the starter dog at level 15 (he's a food and thus gold hog so I stopped feeding him) and the owl at level 10 or so (don't feed him either. I just switch between them)
After doing a bit of research I found that Horton might be a decent pet for me, and he's selling at 3.5k in auction. Is that a decent price or should I wait for a lower price?

ASSETS
I have about 8k gold that I got from selling quests + selling a Frost's egg, about 50 platinum, and a few quest coins or whatever they're called.

So yeah, I'd like help how to proceed from here. I want to know where I should level, if there are any important quests I should complete, and help with the above categories in general.
I tried searching but there's no compiled thread really.

Oh, I want to know how bows work. Do I have to use arrows or do they just magically appear and are unlimited? Is a bow build better than my current double swords?
Obviously I can't get those premium 200k+ equips, so I need help on how I should spend my gold and platinum.

Thanks! (BTW my IGN is Poripori)

EDIT : Sold Darkness Rod of Brutality for 3.5, so I have about 11.5k on me.

utotin
06-12-2013, 03:45 PM
Im an old ragna addict. Might i ask which country you're playing?

RagnarokPlayer
06-12-2013, 04:03 PM
You mean which country I'm from?
I'm from India. Are there lots of Indians here?

Did you play any private servers on RO? Like AvalonRO or HiddenRO? Maybe even XileRO?

Also, EDIT : Sold Darkness Rod of Brutality for 3.5, so I have about 11.5k on me.

SkullCrusher
06-12-2013, 04:23 PM
First, I would recommend you have 4 skills and worry about passives later on ( well, that's what I do. ). The 4 skills I would recommend at your level are:
-Aimed Shot ( All upgrades )
-Nox Bolt ( All upgrades except the additional 10% damage )
-Shadow Piercer ( All upgrades except the heal and armor reduction )
-I'm still debating which skill is best, I would say you should just stick with razor as your 4th skill.

As for gear, I wouldn't worry about that until the later levels ( when you're close to the level cap. )

RagnarokPlayer
06-12-2013, 04:30 PM
Oh yeah, about the level cap... what is it? What does it mean? Will my weapons stop getting stronger or is it like beyond a particular level I can't get any more XP or what?
And is Razor shield so bad that it's not in the top 4? It seems to do okay splash damage and that's helpful when mobbing...
And so what do I do about it now?
Can I respec unlimited number of times for free?

BTW, I meant that is it so bad that it's a thinker if it should be my fourth skill? And do I have to start using bows if I get the skills you mentioned above?

Bless
06-12-2013, 04:49 PM
You seem like a nice guy, welcome.

RagnarokPlayer
06-12-2013, 04:59 PM
Thanks! Glad to be here. Seems like a pretty nice community on the whole

FluffNStuff
06-12-2013, 05:07 PM
Add hunnystorm, might be on here and there, (not soon though) ... just got a horton from klaas and it is a great starter pet for a Rogue so you can have it if we cross.

Zeus
06-12-2013, 05:32 PM
Hello, fellow indian!

Seems like everybody has gotten you set up here, so all that is left is to greet you. :p

Zuzeq
06-12-2013, 06:12 PM
Welcome to AL, if you have further questions feel free to PM me(:

SkullCrusher
06-12-2013, 06:37 PM
Bows have their ups and downs when compared with daggers. Daggers have much higher DPS ( Damage Per Second ) while bows shoot far enemys.
Razor is actually a pretty good skill, I am just testing them all out now and haven't really paid much attention to razor's overall damage.
Arcane Legends is a game based on YOUR playstyle. Use whichever skills YOU think are best, these are just some helpful tips. :)
P.S: The Level cap is the highest level you can get your character up to in that current update, it goes up by 5 meaning the next highest level you can get to will be 36 since the current cap is 31. Weapons don't get weaker but they make become cheaper because of all the new items released with the level cap being raised. I hope this helped! :)
-Skull.

Alrisaia
06-12-2013, 09:21 PM
Welcome to AL mate. Im happy to show you some farming techniques and ways to help you through those mid levels. Look me up in game.

Spyce
06-12-2013, 09:56 PM
Welcome!
You seem like a cool guy.
Feel free to add "Hax" in-game.