PDA

View Full Version : Auto greetings and top 3

psychoscream
06-12-2013, 10:22 PM
its annoying to keep welcome new members in the guild and saying " /g for guild chat" or " check our guild thread"

for that sts can put an auto greeting system that shows a massage written by the master

and please show the best 3 players in the guilds ( first 50 guilds only )!

DocDoBig
06-13-2013, 03:32 PM
If it annoys you so much, then do not do it! Pretty simple isn't it.
No one is forcing you to greet them.

You welcome one out of pure politeness and not with a pure copy and paste thingy.

I personally find an individual greeting much better, because people notice "Ah, he's serious" and do not have to read the standard sentence "Welcome to guild xy!", which is rather rude in my eyes.
(I welcome each newcomer in my Guild personally, even with PM's)

To the top3 idea +0,5; why only the Top 50 guilds?

psychoscream
06-14-2013, 10:23 AM
If it annoys you so much, then do not do it! Pretty simple isn't it.
No one is forcing you to greet them.

You welcome one out of pure politeness and not with a pure copy and paste thingy.

I personally find an individual greeting much better, because people notice "Ah, he's serious" and do not have to read the standard sentence "Welcome to guild xy!", which is rather rude in my eyes.
(I welcome each newcomer in my Guild personally, even with PM's)

To the top3 idea +0,5; why only the Top 50 guilds?

because it would be hard to the divs i guess

SkullCrusher
06-14-2013, 10:35 AM
because it would be hard to the divs i guess

Don't start a sentence off with because, always capitalize "I", and end with punctuation. Here's what your sentence should look like:
The top 50 guilds, because it would be harder for the Devs I guess. Thank you for reading. :)
-Skull.

psychoscream
06-14-2013, 10:49 AM
seriously ?

Nesox
06-23-2013, 01:12 AM
Yes, seriously. If a person does not take the time to at least form a sentence using the accepted norms of structure, what conclusions is the reader of said response likely to assume about the intelligence of said poster, and therefor validity of the comment?