PDA

View Full Version : Customized or Fortified on 56 bear?

Caiahar
06-12-2013, 10:24 PM
Hey fellow forumers!
I haz 56 behr, has Big Top amd fortified, and some ppl say customized is better than fortified, which is better, or, what are pros and cons of each?

CrimsonTider
06-12-2013, 10:30 PM
Custom is squishy against str bears and mages. You will also have issues with good birds. However, I have seen some excellent Custom bears.

Fortified has it's advantages (insane h/s and armor), but BT is the best option of the three. JMO

Caiahar
06-12-2013, 10:33 PM
Custom is squishy against str bears and mages. You will also have issues with good birds. However, I have seen some excellent Custom bears.

Fortified has it's advantages (insane h/s and armor), but BT is the best option of the three. JMO
BT is definitely better, but when noodleleg made that lil comment "fortified, is just, well, awesome! ;) you'll have fun with it!" Couldnt resist getting fortified :D
Now im looking further (and maybe have some more fun :) ) and see how custom would work.

CrimsonTider
06-13-2013, 08:22 AM
BT is definitely better, but when noodleleg made that lil comment "fortified, is just, well, awesome! ;) you'll have fun with it!" Couldnt resist getting fortified :D
Now im looking further (and maybe have some more fun :) ) and see how custom would work.

You will definitely kill extremely fast, but if you don't dodge or your opponent dodges/you miss, it's game over. Also need o work on kiting as you will have to use a little distance with all your skills.

MysticalDream (HotDream) and Haha were excellent Custom bears back in the day.

programmed
06-13-2013, 08:44 AM
I have seen a few very good custom bears. But like Crim said...you kill fast but die fast if you don't dodge or you miss. My 56 did fortified before I went sm/bt and forti gave 47 Hp regen with very high (around 190) armor. Forti doesn't have as good damage as custom but the regen and armor make up for that.

Sryyoulose
06-13-2013, 08:48 AM
As well as the switch bear papa (something forgot last part) anyways custom is great but I have liked a str armor dex bow mix as well. Giving you some survivability while hitting very hard.

CrimsonTider
06-13-2013, 08:52 AM
As well as the switch bear papa (something forgot last part) anyways custom is great but I have liked a str armor dex bow mix as well. Giving you some survivability while hitting very hard.

Papapat

Caiahar
06-13-2013, 11:56 AM
Some reason these texts cant tell me :P
Im getting customized and trying it out, then if I dont like it or its not my style, ill sell it.
I always liked testin stuff :D
Edit: now that I think about it, wonder how custom dagger set is like with behrs :)

Noodleleg
06-13-2013, 12:51 PM
Fortified is for people who like really long fights... Something I find very fun :)! However, if you're a person that loves quick nukes / kills, then custom might fit your style better. However, as pointed out above, there are some very good hybrids too. I've seen papapat play and because there is so much difference in custom and fortified, it's very hard to predict. But if I were you... I'd try both ;)... Learn how to swap between gears fast and you'll be unstoppable xD!

Xbuddyjosh
06-13-2013, 01:42 PM
I bes custom rhino

Zapoke
06-13-2013, 06:37 PM
Fortified is for people who like really long fights... Something I find very fun :)! However, if you're a person that loves quick nukes / kills, then custom might fit your style better. However, as pointed out above, there are some very good hybrids too. I've seen papapat play and because there is so much difference in custom and fortified, it's very hard to predict. But if I were you... I'd try both ;)... Learn how to swap between gears fast and you'll be unstoppable xD!

Unless your opponent is a laughing birdy..

Caiahar
06-13-2013, 07:41 PM
I bes custom rhino
Rlly..dont make random useless posts that much.
@noodle: eh, ill save up gold and get customized, already have fort :) still wondering bout custom dagger set tho.

Deathofan
06-13-2013, 08:02 PM
Custom dagger set on bear? That set is already a Flaw on a bear because it has no dodge, but some would do the trade off for the recurve set because it has a very hard nuke, specially because of the critical it gives. Now by wearing the dagger you will be giving away your dmg, which I think it will be much lower than your enemy's armor making your weapon useless and having poor survivality makes it the worst set for a bear at this level, even the talon is more viable lol.

Whirlzap
06-13-2013, 08:23 PM
Custom bear has its issues though.
Very squishy against DEX/pure INT mages due to low dodge.
Even squishier to pure DEX birds.

Warbird 56 w/Fort was the old "OMG pally op-class" thing- they dominated PvP along with DEX/INT spec'd mages.

OvigorothO
06-13-2013, 08:54 PM

Warbird 56 w/Fort was the old "OMG pally op-class" thing- they dominated PvP along with DEX/INT spec'd mages.

Agreed, any dex bird with basic knowledge of his skill set can easily defeat a dex bear. Have you tried fortified armor and helm with custom bow?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Caiahar
06-13-2013, 09:27 PM

Agreed, any dex bird with basic knowledge of his skill set can easily defeat a dex bear. Have you tried fortified armor and helm with custom bow?

Was thinking of that.

CrimsonTider
06-13-2013, 10:28 PM

I would suggest Royal Sewer helm/armor with Raid recurve if you are going to mix sets. Fortified does not have a lot of dodge and if you break up the set, you lose the armor and h/s.

NotYoCookiez
06-13-2013, 10:36 PM
Yeah Emchanted,custom and fort aren't as great when broken up. The best part about all level 55 sets is the set bonus.

Reunegade
06-13-2013, 10:41 PM
I think Fury Helm and Armor + Custom Recurve would work a lot better than Fortified Helm and Armor + Custom Recurve because you get the extra dodge.

Caiahar
06-13-2013, 10:42 PM

I would suggest Royal Sewer helm/armor with Raid recurve if you are going to mix sets. Fortified does not have a lot of dodge and if you break up the set, you lose the armor and h/s.
Oh, I see, as the set bonus will also go away.

OvigorothO
06-14-2013, 06:24 AM
I suggested a mix up of fortified and custom because they're what he had ;) why not try custom helm and armor with fortified shield and sword? not as ridiculous as it sounds.

Caiahar
06-14-2013, 09:26 PM
As reun said, should I do fury armor+helm(or shield too) with raid recurve/talon?

CrimsonTider
06-14-2013, 10:26 PM
As reun said, should I do fury armor+helm(or shield too) with raid recurve/talon?

With exception to Flying talons, just say no to talons.

Rot
06-15-2013, 12:49 AM
I would use BT set (with bunny) against bears, and RS+BT against mages and birds.
Never seen a Customized bear when I played 56 though.

Reunegade
06-15-2013, 01:09 AM

In my opinion, rs armor and helm with sk scarab works best.

Caiahar
06-15-2013, 08:07 AM

In my opinion, rs armor and helm with sk scarab works best.
Al right, but isnt rs dex?
And ima noob, hope it doesnt bother you, but whats sk scarab?

CrimsonTider
06-15-2013, 08:19 AM
RS = Royal Sewer (strength gear for 51-55). When combined with like components, does not give a bonus.

SK = Sewer King (dex gear for 51-55). Like it's strength counterpart, no set bonus for equipping all three pieces.

SQ = Sewer Queen (int for 51-55). Like... well, you get the picture.

Caiahar
06-15-2013, 08:22 AM
RS = Royal Sewer (strength gear for 51-55). When combined with like components, does not give a bonus.

SK = Sewer King (dex gear for 51-55). Like it's strength counterpart, no set bonus for equipping all three pieces.

SQ = Sewer Queen (int for 51-55). Like... well, you get the picture.
Ok, thanks!
Will thumb once I get chance!