PDA

View Full Version : Paladin

Kalimist
10-16-2010, 11:42 AM
What are the best build at lv 50 of a paladin? stats and ability ....

Arterra
10-16-2010, 11:49 AM
paladin in lv50 is currently a really bad idea due to there beign next to NO M/s REGEN GEAR. the only way would be to find lv50 "old items" that is lv50 mynas plate of thoth, djin spear of thoth etc... since the item update it's nearly impossible IMO. im switching to dexmage when I get to 50.

Royce
10-16-2010, 01:25 PM
Paladins still have a place at level 50. First of all, they are still a good class for PvP. Second, though Int mages and Dex mages have much better level 50 regen gear, paladins still have better survivability, and particularly with the big damage of AO3 mobs, it's very nice to have a paladin in the group to rez any Int or Dex mages after a nuke ;)

For a level 50 build, I'd go 158 Str at most (this is the level 50 gear req, but you can go lower using gear Str boosts to equip). How you divide the rest up is a matter of some disagreement. If you want to PvP, I would suggest no Int, and full secondary Dex. If you only PvE, then full secondary Int can work, but I'd still recommend a mix of Int and Dex. Basically Dex does much more for you stats (damage, crit, and hit% in particular), while Int gives you a bit of extra mana, and a skill damage boost through stat driven skills (though note that Dex increases your base damage more, so also helps with skill damage in another way, plus of course skill crits).
For a skill build, I'm working with this currently:
5, 5, 5, 1
5, 2, 5, 5
5, 1, 5, 5
Though moving the points from frostbite to icestorm and/or mana shield could also work.

Hodnett
10-16-2010, 01:26 PM
I've got a level 10 Paladin. What is the best build? Should I put all of my points on strength or should I even them out a bit.

Royce
10-16-2010, 01:34 PM
I've got a level 10 Paladin. What is the best build? Should I put all of my points on strength or should I even them out a bit.

For a paladin at any level, put just enough Str to meet requirements of gear you want to use, then put the rest into Dex and/or Int (depending upon how you feel about the things I mentioned above). If you don't know what gear requirements might be, then I think about 2/3 Str, 1/3 Dex and/or Int is a pretty safe way to go.

Arterra
10-16-2010, 01:52 PM
you will want to have enough dex to hit 100% of the time, 125% if pvp due to many debuffs.
ps a level 10 mage you might want to level up with any other build than paladin since you have so little Hp and are constantly being hit at the front. heal sure but remember that there is very little m/s until lv 43-ish... i got my mage up to 45 dex style.

Royce
10-16-2010, 02:36 PM
It's true that many people level as Int or Dex then Respec to paladin, but if you like playing it, then it's fine to level as one, though more expensive potwise. Definitely max out heal and lightning right away, and put points in weakness asap too.

jonboy
10-16-2010, 06:44 PM
What I did at 45 once I had the gear I knew I would have I respecd got naked and then put 142 str then added some dex to get to 90 odd percent hit then equiped my gear, keep adding int whilst checking your hit% drop some dex points in there to get your 100% hit. Note this is for pve.