PDA

View Full Version : Does dexterity affect damage for mages?

shadowreality5
06-13-2013, 12:37 AM
Title says it all. I am a little confused since I thought that strength = health, dexterity = dodge and crit, and intelligence = damage, bonus damage, and intelligence for mages yet my characters damage is a little low compared to others that have more dexterity. Also when I view stats on items with more dexterity it says that it gives more damage. Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Mage lvl 30
With equipment and passive skills.
strength - 107
dexterity - 6
intelligence - 356
health - 2268
dodge - 1.30%
critical - 10.99
bonus damage - 278%
mana - 3710
damage 215
Dps - 387.1
armor - 807

edit: Wanted to say sorry if this is the wrong thread. This is my first post and wasn't sure where to post to.

Jcyee
06-13-2013, 01:35 AM
From what I've noticed, I think dexterity affects both DPS and damage on all characters; however you should probably wait for other posts. All I know for sure is that it affects at least one of those two that I mentioned.

matanofx
06-13-2013, 08:58 AM
yes, less than what you get from intelligent but yes.

Jed
06-13-2013, 11:51 AM
I'd still go for an int/str mage. Int base stats and int/str gear. Dex usually isn't worth it.

jb57542
06-13-2013, 12:00 PM
Dex gives damage and +5 health per point. Most mages will go full into still but will also do 5/5 on passive Dex to max out damage after going 5/5 on passive int. This also the reason assault jewelry and grace/fatality armors are a viable second option to security armor and brutality jewelry.

Thermite
06-13-2013, 02:50 PM
Someone made a thread about this in the Sorcerer Class Discussion. Here is a link to it:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?89869-Damage-contribution-from-Dex-Int-point

This was a long time ago, and I don't know if sts has changed any of their formulas.

shadowreality5
06-13-2013, 04:28 PM
Thank you for the quick and helpful replies! Also thank you for the link Thermite that will definitely come in handy.

Bless
06-13-2013, 04:35 PM
Actually, str is way more useful than dex. 6 points in str would give you 60 hp, 6 points in dex will give you 1.5? Damage. 60 hp > 1.5 dmg.

Erdnase
06-13-2013, 04:57 PM
For the highest dps and dmg u can get off a mage go full int in stats with int/dex gear. While this gives the highest dmg i cant recommend it, at least for all mages. As Miraclebird pointed out above the increase of dmg/dps given from dex isnt that great. Having the extra str on the other hand can make a big difference, and is especially useful for mages with the arcane shield since only a small amount of extra str can increase the dmg intake of the shield greatly. Yet, for mages who are going for crit, they would mostly use int/dex gear or even go full dex in stats. Really what is going to help u the most is just going to be dependent on ur build, skills, etc.