PDA

View Full Version : Bow-Ties.

Cascade
06-13-2013, 05:37 PM
Where do you stand on bow-ties? Geeky? Awesome? Meh?

Personally i'm going to stock up on more to match some shirts I have and rock them with jeans, slacks, ect.

Do you wear them frequently?

Meta Morph
06-13-2013, 05:44 PM
Bow-Ties are classy but say hey I'm here to party! Nice shirt with some jeans and a slick looking bow-tie... I mean come on you can't go wrong. So I guess I would stand on the positive side of bow-ties, just one classy mans thought to another.

Cascade
06-13-2013, 05:49 PM
It's funny to see some people do a double take as if to say, "Is that guy really wearing a bow-tie?" They kind of almost demand attention seeing that most kids these days wear their pants on their thighs and flat-brim hats, ect. You really stick out if you actually dress nice.

KingFu
06-13-2013, 05:54 PM
Not unless it's with a baby blue tux, otherwise you're underdressing the elegance that is the bow tie.

Suentous PO
06-13-2013, 06:43 PM
I only wear ties to ironically compliment my mohawk and facial piercings. Anime kitty ears and a luchidore wrestling mask work their way into my lineup also.
Not joking

Spyce
06-13-2013, 06:49 PM
No.
Only for important events.

gison
06-13-2013, 06:49 PM
I wore a vest and a bow tie at a party then afterwards I went to target and everyone was looking at me.

OP: bow ties are sexy, classy, and awesome.

Cascade
06-13-2013, 07:20 PM
I'm just now realizing how hard it is to pull off wearing a bow tie with jeans. Lol.

Meta Morph
06-13-2013, 07:20 PM
^^^^ Yes Gison so true, you can wear a bow-tie anywhere but just be ready for all the stares and comments of you being the best dressed person in the room

Cascade
06-13-2013, 07:48 PM
Same outfit, different angles. Just tried this look out today to see how it looked.

http://i860.photobucket.com/albums/ab164/Plbradley/2013-06-13174227_zps6701eb7a.jpg (http://s860.photobucket.com/user/Plbradley/media/2013-06-13174227_zps6701eb7a.jpg.html)

http://i860.photobucket.com/albums/ab164/Plbradley/2013-06-13173754_zps47d8cfcc.jpg (http://s860.photobucket.com/user/Plbradley/media/2013-06-13173754_zps47d8cfcc.jpg.html)

Zojak
06-13-2013, 08:08 PM
Need i say more? :)

Caiahar
06-13-2013, 08:32 PM
@cascade: im silly, but am I wrong in thinking that bow tie doesnt match your clothes?

Cascade
06-13-2013, 08:39 PM
Matching doesn't always look the best, but, yes it does match. There is light blue in the tie you just can't see it.

Caiahar
06-13-2013, 09:29 PM
Matching doesn't always look the best, but, yes it does match. There is light blue in the tie you just can't see it.
Where...oh there it is. Couldn't see it, blended into shirt.

Schnitzel
06-13-2013, 09:41 PM
When I wear a bow tie, I wear it with a suit to look formal

Cavoc
06-13-2013, 09:41 PM
If you wear them with any day clothing, then you'll probably just look like a hipster.

Meta Morph
06-13-2013, 09:43 PM
Looking quite fresh my friend I like bow-ties but slick thin black ties are y thing to rock with some jeans. But you can rock a mean bow-tie

Kixxler
06-13-2013, 10:28 PM
Some people can pull them off without looking geeky, some people can't.
I look really dumb in bowties

The Happiness
06-14-2013, 12:14 AM
I only wear ties to ironically compliment my mohawk and facial piercings. Anime kitty ears and a luchidore wrestling mask work their way into my lineup also.
Not joking

Can we get married?

The Happiness
06-14-2013, 12:19 AM
I think bow ties are extremely appealing .....but they have to be the real tie your own type not pre tied, and preferably left untied at the end of a night out with top button undone too....sigh.

Fyi....I don't wear them myself ;P

The Happiness
06-14-2013, 05:41 AM
Btw....couldn't resist ....just posted this on <Smile> group but it seems appropriate to share...

Zaonabiuibil
06-14-2013, 08:38 AM
I don't know how but my friend can pull off wearing a bow-tie every day.

Usually I only wear them at formal events, but they're pretty nice. Definitely hard to pull off casually.

-------------------
Sent using spray paint on the city walls.

Cascade
06-14-2013, 02:09 PM
I don't know how but my friend can pull off wearing a bow-tie every day.

Usually I only wear them at formal events, but they're pretty nice. Definitely hard to pull off casually.

-------------------
Sent using spray paint on the city walls.

Yeah it is extremely difficult to wear a bow-tie casually and actually make it look good. A dark colored bow tie goes good with the casual look.

Suentous PO
06-14-2013, 07:29 PM
Can we get married?

<3 you've just made me a very happy whateverthehelliam!
Shall I assume you'll wear the tux, I the dress, and smile shows up in bear costumes?
:D

The Happiness
06-14-2013, 09:26 PM
<3 you've just made me a very happy whateverthehelliam!
Shall I assume you'll wear the tux, I the dress, and smile shows up in bear costumes?
:D

That. Sounds. Perfect. <3

XghostzX
06-14-2013, 11:35 PM
This thread...too...many...classy...men.....

Caiahar
06-15-2013, 08:12 AM
This thread...too...many...classy...men.....
Ikr. Im happy im still a young teen. Younger than you :D come back to PL. Yew posted in crims thread that you'll halp.
Come on.

XghostzX
06-15-2013, 09:54 AM
Ikr. Im happy im still a young teen. Younger than you :D come back to PL. Yew posted in crims thread that you'll halp.
Come on.

I'll do my part to help out on forums, but I rarely show up in game.

Anyways, keep this thread on topic :D Bow-ties yeahhh.

WoundedEagle
06-15-2013, 05:49 PM
I prefer bow ties over regular ties, but honestly, it just depends on the outfit. I like a black dress shirt with a skinny tie, tie clip, black leather belt, black suspenders, tan skinny jeans, and black Janoski's for dressy/casual. But I wear bow ties for a nice pin-stripped white dress shirt with black slacks, a black leather belt, suspenders, and dress shoes. When I use skinny ties, I prefer tie-pinning (a pearl pin on each side of the collar, pinning in the tie to make a nice fresh style).

P.S. To be clear, you actually need to tie your own bow tie... Unfortunately, mine was caddiewompas that night.

http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa427/Woundedeagle2/1b50d270018360f344b530450f9e44bb_zpsab3b3d8e.jpg
Chorus Banquet and my friend^
http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa427/Woundedeagle2/null_zps1b333b3e.jpg
My favorite^

Cascade
06-15-2013, 09:26 PM
Looking snazzy Morgaan. I wore a black shirt with white suspenders not that long ago, suspenders definitely add to the affect if you can pull it off.

Aveea
06-16-2013, 08:40 AM
Not joking

Oh! I wanna see! :emmersed:

Thatkidoverthere
06-17-2013, 01:44 AM
The Bow-Tie has untold possibilities but it doesn't work for everyone, you have to be the classiest of people to pull one off effectively. Also you could be a Whovian and like them because the Doctors wear them. Personally I think the white suit and bow-tie looks the best on me. I've tried the tie look with the white suit, did not work at all. Also earlier in the comments someone said the bow-tie had to be a tie it yourself one, but that all depends on what you are wearing one for. If you were a fan of Glee, Blaine makes the bow-tie look good, but most anyone else wouldn't be able to pull it off. It all depends on what you look like and what the occasion is.

-Meabegitagtwo

Thatkidoverthere
06-17-2013, 01:45 AM
Pictures, come on Suentous you know we are all interested now!

Blind
06-17-2013, 06:16 AM
Same outfit, different angles. Just tried this look out today to see how it looked.

http://i860.photobucket.com/albums/ab164/Plbradley/2013-06-13174227_zps6701eb7a.jpg (http://s860.photobucket.com/user/Plbradley/media/2013-06-13174227_zps6701eb7a.jpg.html)

http://i860.photobucket.com/albums/ab164/Plbradley/2013-06-13173754_zps47d8cfcc.jpg (http://s860.photobucket.com/user/Plbradley/media/2013-06-13173754_zps47d8cfcc.jpg.html)

Only wear ties or bow-ties to very formal events that actually require it. Otherwise don't do it and just wear a shirt with 2 top buttons undone.

Back to the picture, don't ever do that again, the only people i can of think of that would consider that classy is village people.

KingFu
06-17-2013, 10:37 AM
Only wear ties or bow-ties to very formal events that actually require it. Otherwise don't do it and just wear a shirt with 2 top buttons undone.

Back to the picture, don't ever do that again, the only people i can of think of that would consider that classy is village people.

Blind bes truth speaker

Cascade
06-17-2013, 12:47 PM

I have a hard time taking fashion advice from a user called, "Blind". Nonetheless, I agree, the bow-tie was too bright and I needed to wear a darker one with khakis.

* I never actually wore that outfit outside I was just experimenting.

Blind
06-17-2013, 12:57 PM
Hahah)

Yeah man, i wouldn't wear neither of them at all, but wear what makes you more confident. If you feel like Vito Corleone when you wear a bowtie, then please...

Otherwise, don't.

:-)

Pandamoni
06-17-2013, 01:30 PM
What I've found is you can wear a paper sack and make it look great if you feel confident and attractive in it. Conversely, you can make the most amazing outfit look like crap if you slouch and feel unattractive and fidget the whole time. If you feel amazing in your bow ties, wear it and enjoy the second glances :)

Cascade
06-17-2013, 01:56 PM
What I've found is you can wear a paper sack and make it look great if you feel confident and attractive in it. Conversely, you can make the most amazing outfit look like crap if you slouch and feel unattractive and fidget the whole time. If you feel amazing in your bow ties, wear it and enjoy the second glances :)

Exactly.

Aveea
06-17-2013, 06:41 PM
If you wear them with any day clothing, then you'll probably just look like a hipster.

And smell like patchouli? :D

KingFu
06-17-2013, 07:12 PM

I would dare to say confidence can make something look even more eccentric, if it is too excessive. Too much confidence can show that the person wearing it knows it's unusual and is entirely at peace with that, which may cause for even more people to consider it less attractive and strange.

The Happiness
06-18-2013, 02:10 AM
I would dare to say confidence can make something look even more eccentric, if it is too excessive. Too much confidence can show that the person wearing it knows it's unusual and is entirely at peace with that, which may cause for even more people to consider it less attractive and strange.

Could you have a quiet word with my Dad please?

Zeus
06-18-2013, 06:37 PM

Bowtie does not match, brah. You have two conflicting themes going on. Note, I do realize that you're going for the casual bow-tie look but to me, it seems like you over did the casual and then just slapped on the bow-tie.

1. Dress shirt and leather jacket? Whoa, whoa, take a step back... If you're going for casual/formal, dress shirt with some nice jeans and casual, but tidy and clean shoes.

2. If you are wearing a solid color dress shirt, the striped bow-tie is a no no. You just cannot pull off a random speck of striped on an otherwise completely solid clothes scheme. I learned from my gf the hard way. xD

That's just my opinion, sorry if it offends you.

If you insist on that look then I'd recommend a black leather jacket with blue/black jeans and a nice solid color dress shirt beneath, preferably white. Also, keep. the. bow-tie. solid. Then, on top of that, do something with your hair. Let me know how you like it. :)

KingFu
06-18-2013, 07:10 PM
Bowtie does not match, brah. You have two conflicting themes going on. Note, I do realize that you're going for the casual bow-tie look but to me, it seems like you over did the casual and then just slapped on the bow-tie.

1. Dress shirt and leather jacket? Whoa, whoa, take a step back... If you're going for casual/formal, dress shirt with some nice jeans and casual, but tidy and clean shoes.

2. If you are wearing a solid color dress shirt, the striped bow-tie is a no no. You just cannot pull off a random speck of striped on an otherwise completely solid clothes scheme. I learned from my gf the hard way. xD

That's just my opinion, sorry if it offends you.

If you insist on that look then I'd recommend a black leather jacket with blue/black jeans and a nice solid color dress shirt beneath, preferably white. Also, keep. the. bow-tie. solid. Then, on top of that, do something with your hair. Let me know how you like it. :)

You go against a leather jacket then suggest it? >.>

Meh, I would never wear a bow tie unless it were Burberry.

Cascade
06-18-2013, 07:18 PM

Spending over 50$ on a bow tie seems a bit stupendous. If I had an abundant supply of greenbacks, I might consider it.

KingFu
06-18-2013, 07:59 PM
Spending over 50$ on a bow tie seems a bit stupendous. If I had an abundant supply of greenbacks, I might consider it.

I believe Burberry's are $150. That's how much my tie was.

Zeus
06-18-2013, 08:09 PM

If he insists on wearing one because I have notice that he is a man who loves his leather jackets. :p

WoundedEagle
06-19-2013, 06:18 PM
I got my skinny tie for $20 at Urban Outfitters. It's cool because no one cares what brand my tie is and it looks nice.

Cascade
06-19-2013, 06:35 PM
I got my skinny tie for $20 at Urban Outfitters. It's cool because no one cares what brand my tie is and it looks nice.

Bingo, my man.

Zojak
06-19-2013, 06:48 PM
I got my black bow tie for 10 bucks at sears, and i look fanfriggintastic in it. sup

Cascade
06-19-2013, 06:59 PM
Most of my ties and bow ties I get for around 10$.

KingFu
06-19-2013, 07:09 PM

People knowledged with that sort of thing will notice the brand. Not just the matter of it being a designer brand, also the quality it's made with. Not to mention I loved Burberry's patterns, and since they're patented, knock offs can only come so close. When you can tell the fakes from the real thing, it's different.

Same with suits, only with suits there's no point in spending a lot if it doesn't fit well/you don't get it professionally tailored. If you don't know suits well, you can't tell them apart. However if you do know them well, you can tell a nice designer one from a cheap Mervyn's one.

Cascade
06-19-2013, 08:09 PM
http://i860.photobucket.com/albums/ab164/Plbradley/2013-06-19180635_zpsa6e36bb5.jpg (http://s860.photobucket.com/user/Plbradley/media/2013-06-19180635_zpsa6e36bb5.jpg.html)

Tie: 7$

Shirt: 20$

Pants: 20$

Watch: 5$

Zeus
06-19-2013, 08:17 PM
http://i860.photobucket.com/albums/ab164/Plbradley/2013-06-19180635_zpsa6e36bb5.jpg (http://s860.photobucket.com/user/Plbradley/media/2013-06-19180635_zpsa6e36bb5.jpg.html)

Nice man.

You managed to pull off a look, IMO. Makes you look older and more mature

Now, don't make me list prices on my jeans and clothes, LOL!

Bbnc
06-20-2013, 04:18 AM

Looks pretty perfect to me. Well done : )

Bbnc
06-20-2013, 04:55 AM
I do not care about bow ties or other things, but i have things to say. First, it should never be about the brand or the price, it is about quality and how long the product can last. ( also about if it looks good on you etc. )

You should spend your money on Quality, not the Brand. Brand does not always tell you that that product is super quality, like also, it does not give you any status or make you get appreciation from other people ...

On the other hand, there is a quote that i like so much and my father also used to say it to me. It is, "i am not rich enough to buy cheap things". Cheap here, actually, does not point out its Price, it is because "too cheap" products tend to be made of poor quality and it can be told by other people by observations (sorry to say). when the quality of the goods is cheap, they will soon deteriorate and taking a new one will cost you more expensive than the expensive good itself. For sure, there are exceptions and these exceptions usually occur, especially when the BRAND(you know what i mean) price is added to those products. whereas, you can buy a product from a *good quality- not that popular brand* at the same quality with that *high end -popular brand* for a cheaper price. what is more, in order to disprove that quote, i can give you examples. One of them : there is/are goods ( or clothes) which i have been using for years and which i bought from a *not popular* (or even unknown) market for cheaper prices, But, i have bought also goods from *X brand* and i paid much more money for them, but they deteriorated very soon and became a trash. But this happens RARELY.

Be aware that you are not paying for the brand, pay for the quality.

P.s. : cheap products tend to be made from materials that are harmful to human health, especially if we are talking about clothing.

KingFu
06-20-2013, 02:31 PM
I do not care about bow ties or other things, but i have things to say. First, it should never be about the brand or the price, it is about quality and how long the product can last. ( also about if it looks good on you etc. )

You should spend your money on Quality, not the Brand. Brand does not always tell you that that product is super quality, like also, it does not give you any status or make you get appreciation from other people ...

On the other hand, there is a quote that i like so much and my father also used to say it to me. It is, "i am not rich enough to buy cheap things". Cheap here, actually, does not point out its Price, it is because "too cheap" products tend to be made of poor quality and it can be told by other people by observations (sorry to say). when the quality of the goods is cheap, they will soon deteriorate and taking a new one will cost you more expensive than the expensive good itself. For sure, there are exceptions and these exceptions usually occur, especially when the BRAND(you know what i mean) price is added to those products. whereas, you can buy a product from a *good quality- not that popular brand* at the same quality with that *high end -popular brand* for a cheaper price. what is more, in order to disprove that quote, i can give you examples. One of them : there is/are goods ( or clothes) which i have been using for years and which i bought from a *not popular* (or even unknown) market for cheaper prices, But, i have bought also goods from *X brand* and i paid much more money for them, but they deteriorated very soon and became a trash. But this happens RARELY.

Be aware that you are not paying for the brand, pay for the quality.

P.s. : cheap products tend to be made from materials that are harmful to human health, especially if we are talking about clothing.

I concur. If you're wise with what brand you're investing in, the quality will be of worth for your money though. I've also overpayed for brands that weren't reliable and regretted it later. However when I came across brands that worked for me, I continued to buy from them. I've found it's more so what brand works best for the specific person. Some people can see the reasoning in paying more for the brand since it increases the quality and appeal if you know where to go. Others don't see it as a practicality and possibly never will, just different point of views.

I'm the type that would sooner spend the money then and there for something that I know is of quality. I won't mind spending whatever dollar figure if it means I'm getting a brand I've had good experience with and trust. I agree that there are some less expensive alternatives with quality that is on par with the more expensive ones, but trying to find one of those can lead to throwing a lot of money down the drain if they don't last.

Zeus
06-20-2013, 10:53 PM
I concur. If you're wise with what brand you're investing in, the quality will be of worth for your money though. I've also overpayed for brands that weren't reliable and regretted it later. However when I came across brands that worked for me, I continued to buy from them. I've found it's more so what brand works best for the specific person. Some people can see the reasoning in paying more for the brand since it increases the quality and appeal if you know where to go. Others don't see it as a practicality and possibly never will, just different point of views.

I'm the type that would sooner spend the money then and there for something that I know is of quality. I won't mind spending whatever dollar figure if it means I'm getting a brand I've had good experience with and trust. I agree that there are some less expensive alternatives with quality that is on par with the more expensive ones, but trying to find one of those can lead to throwing a lot of money down the drain if they don't last.

Your philosophy offends WalMart. :p

KingFu
06-21-2013, 12:19 AM
Your philosophy offends WalMart. :p

You're not the Walmart type either!

Even just walking past there makes me feel like I need a shower :s

Cascade
06-21-2013, 01:13 AM
Too good for Walmart, eh?

Zeus
06-21-2013, 01:27 PM
Too good for Walmart, eh?