PDA

View Full Version : Best skill for stun?

Imjebus
06-13-2013, 09:22 PM
Fireball seems to be so inaccurate and Gale is good if you're fighting upclose if you upgrade the area of affect and stun. Which one would you guys choose at level 10?

will0
06-13-2013, 09:42 PM
fireball is always the best stun for PVE and PVP apart next is ice irregardless level

jb57542
06-14-2013, 11:11 AM
fireball is always the best stun for PVE and PVP apart next is ice irregardless level

+1 for this response

drgrimmy
06-14-2013, 07:51 PM
Fireball seems to be so inaccurate and Gale is good if you're fighting upclose if you upgrade the area of affect and stun. Which one would you guys choose at level 10?

Pvp or pve? For pvp fireball stun followed by the arcane of clyde or slag is the way to go to "stunlock" and kill rogues, although probably not as good at lvl10 than at endgame as you cant kill as quick at lvl10. For pve fireball. More reliable and larger area of stun than gale to stun a whole mob. If you just need to stun one enemy (like an archer on the edge of a mob) frost is even better as it will freeze a single small enemy for a long period of time.

Alhuntrazeck
06-15-2013, 01:39 AM
Fireball is the most important skill evah.

Osahete
06-16-2013, 12:46 PM
Hey Imjebus,

I agree, at level 10 fire is a very important skill.. it is a great AoA (Area of Attack) skill, which comes in handy for mobs or multiple enemies (in pve AND pvp).

And the stun is very effective, tho, yes you would have to aim it!

You also have a stun option for thunder, tho i've never equipped it myself, nor ever used ice..

Ice, from my experience with other players who use it.. is very effective for one or more than one (if you have an extra skill point to spare) target(s). It freezes them up, so not only good for you as a vulnerable mage, but also for the rest of the team!
This is also true for fire and any other skill that stuns your enemy, whether it be in pve or pvp..

Good luck and take care,
Osa

keikali
06-17-2013, 09:59 AM
definitely Fireball.

NO Mage build is complete with Fireball and stun upgrade whether you are PvP or PvE, its the best stun ever. and the cooldown isn't long.

Imjebus
06-17-2013, 05:25 PM
I tried using fireball at lvl10 and it just isn't that great when it comes to pvp against a rogue 1v1 unlike frost o_O

savie
06-18-2013, 02:24 AM
I tried using fireball at lvl10 and it just isn't that great when it comes to pvp against a rogue 1v1 unlike frost o_O

when it comes to pvp, i believe fireball is the only available stun skill while frost only slows player. frost does much more damage than fireball tho and quicker CD. if you prefer a 1v1 quick kill perhaps ice and lightning suits you better.

Imjebus
06-18-2013, 07:49 PM
when it comes to pvp, i believe fireball is the only available stun skill while frost only slows player. frost does much more damage than fireball tho and quicker CD. if you prefer a 1v1 quick kill perhaps ice and lightning suits you better.

Yeah that's what I've been using. It actually works really well to the point where I'm able to kill some rogues o_O but my problem is the healing part lol ;c

savie
06-18-2013, 08:58 PM
Yeah that's what I've been using. It actually works really well to the point where I'm able to kill some rogues o_O but my problem is the healing part lol ;c

Unless you are willing to spare some skill points on heal and shield(which i believe just the skill alone can improve your survival rate by a lot)

Imjebus
06-18-2013, 10:22 PM
I put 3 in shield and two in heal o_o idk what more I could put in at lvl10 xD lol

Jed
06-19-2013, 06:28 PM
Fireball definitely. It does require facing the target (unless it has a specific upgrade but idk about that), but with practice you should be able to spin, launch fireball, turn around and continue running.
Gale force will become quite popular now, with the push, stun and speed.