PDA

View Full Version : Help with beckon

ArrowofLegend
10-16-2010, 02:42 PM
I am running into problems with beckon, because it is only pulling 3 or 4 mobs. I am at level 3 at the moment, Should I max that?

Royce
10-16-2010, 03:13 PM
There is a limit to the number of mobs you can pull, but it's much higher than 3. I don't know if rank effects that or not, but I'd recommend maxing beckon anyway. The only times I've ever seen something like you're describing is while lagging fairly badly, which sometimes seems to have that effect, or when playing with other bears who are also using beckon (some mobs go one way, some go another, and others just stay put). Anyway, maybe it's a skill rank issue, but I don't really know since it's been forever since I had non-maxed beckon.

ArrowofLegend
10-16-2010, 04:19 PM
I was playing with another warrior, and he had at least eight mobs on him. So I used beckon to pull some off him, but only few came off. So if the other warrior used beckon first, then I use it after few seconds should i get the hate? Or it stays with him?

Royce
10-16-2010, 04:28 PM
I was playing with another warrior, and he had at least eight mobs on him. So I used beckon to pull some off him, but only few came off. So if the other warrior used beckon first, then I use it after few seconds should i get the hate? Or it stays with him?

Beckon doesn't actually affect hate or aggro (at least not substantially). It simply draws mobs physically toward you. Best use for it is to gather mobs into a corner or against a wall where you can keep them pinned with stomp and stunned. If the warrior who was surrounded had also used beckon at the same time as you it could explain why only a few mobs came off.

Arterra
10-16-2010, 04:32 PM
lol maxed beckon is like a freaking jedi-pull (got that from someone else, credit to mr anonymous...) should pull more at 3 anyway...

Royce
10-16-2010, 04:45 PM
lol maxed beckon is like a freaking jedi-pull (got that from someone else, credit to mr anonymous...)

Gee, I wonder who that might have been...

I just maxed beckon and now I feel like a jedi knight. It's ridiculous.

At 5 SP, Beckon makes you a Jedi Knight

It basically nudges mobs at 1 SP, and it goes all out jedi at 5 SP.

;)

ArrowofLegend
10-16-2010, 06:18 PM
What about taunt? Is that a useful skill to max out?

I have tried to pull boss off other folks with taunt before, but it only stays on me for a short while.

Royce
10-16-2010, 06:42 PM
What about taunt? Is that a useful skill to max out?

I have tried to pull boss off other folks with taunt before, but it only stays on me for a short while.

Taunt works well, but is short lasting. Still it helps to get the initial aggro from mobs when first engaging, or in pulling a boss of an archer or whatnot. In general to protect your group, stuns, and beckon/stomp to keep mobs pinned is really the way to go. However, you definitely want at least 1 point in Taunt, and I personally like to max it because the 16 dodge buff it gives is nice as a 3rd defensive buff, and it's nice because the skill is free in terms of mana.

Edit: note that the dodge buff is all that increases with additional points in taunt. Afaik, the actual aggro grabbing part of it is exactly the same with any rank. So it only makes sens to add points to it after you have maxed evasion (better dodge buff) and other skills.

ArrowofLegend
10-16-2010, 08:41 PM
Thank you dude.

I have put one point into SMS already and probably gonna max it out. I can probably max out another attack skill, and which one would u go after?

Also, I will try to tank the boss but auto attack always lock on other mobs. Then, the response is very slow if I manually click on the boss. Do you have a solution to this problem?

Stratospaly
10-16-2010, 09:42 PM
I ignored Beckon until the 40s because level 1 was so weak. It is insane!!!

Beckon -> hellscreem -> kick = win

Abd al Rahman
10-18-2010, 03:50 AM
Uh.... I did the same. But luckily I am only Level 27 and can correct that mistake now!

aldoric
10-18-2010, 04:18 AM
Yes i agree with strato beckon is far better at higher levels

smoae
10-18-2010, 07:43 AM
here are my reccomendations for you to max out.

stomp - definetley gonna want max this one out
super mega slash - not as important as stomp, but still max out
restore - i really only reccomend this one if youre a pally, otherwise it doesnt heal that much
iron blood - very important, max out
rage - nice crit booster, max out
beckon - awesome at level 5, max out
evade - great buff. max out
hell scream - reduces enemy buff, max out
crushing blow - reduces more enemy buff, max out
taunt - any points you have left, put into taunt

Stratospaly
10-18-2010, 08:12 AM
Someone needs to give a becon+stomp class becaus I just had my first run at Ao3 and the 1-2 other warriors were about as braindead as can be. They just mashed buttons with no care about the consiquences. The boss in the first Ao3 zone that freezes you in place and runs away... we had him reset about 5x! I would becon, move, kick him into a corner... the other warrior would becon + kick him across the room.

When you are cornering STAND IN THE CORNER!! If you must stomp, back out a foot and stomp, if you want to becon, move back into the corner!! This is not rocket science, but it is way over the head of the 2 bears I was playing with.

BeardedBear
10-18-2010, 01:00 PM
Someone needs to give a becon+stomp class becaus I just had my first run at Ao3 and the 1-2 other warriors were about as braindead as can be. They just mashed buttons with no care about the consiquences. The boss in the first Ao3 zone that freezes you in place and runs away... we had him reset about 5x! I would becon, move, kick him into a corner... the other warrior would becon + kick him across the room.

When you are cornering STAND IN THE CORNER!! If you must stomp, back out a foot and stomp, if you want to becon, move back into the corner!! This is not rocket science, but it is way over the head of the 2 bears I was playing with.

I find this one of the most frustrating things in the game. Since playing from April, about 90% of my gameplay is with a bear, and I'm very skilled with grouping and trapping mobs. On the occasion of using my bird, I had to hotkey the phrase "please beckon in corners only plz" because of silly mynas bears who don't know how to play. Without a bear beckoning the mobs together, your AOE is useless as bird/mage.

Half the time, I get the response, "I didn't get beckon yet". They are nearly lvl 50 mind you, and still don't have beckon. It's only the best skill (my fav) in the game for controlling mobs, or said target. Sigh.

Royce
10-18-2010, 02:13 PM
Beckon, Stomp, and enchantress Firestorm are 3 skills that are incredibly helpful for the whole team when used correctly, and completely frustrating when misused. I recently just left a couple games when I was gathering mobs in a corner or against a wall, and just when I had them all packed in nice and tight, some other bear would scatter them with a pointless beckon...

FluffNStuff
10-18-2010, 02:24 PM
Favorite use of becon when tanking. When rushing Plot Hole in the dessert of the victory lap, instead of stomping right away when you get there and getting his agro up and having him snow ball and one shot you, run right past him, becon him into the wall first then stomp him against hit. Actually safer, because you get the double stun chance, and really really fun! Should practice this, because being able to ~effectively~ control the direction of becon and stomp to place a boss in the exact spot you want is a great skill.

Arterra
10-18-2010, 02:25 PM
Beckon, Stomp, and enchantress Firestorm are 3 skills that are incredibly helpful for the whole team when used correctly, and completely frustrating when misused.

firestorm is a tricky one... only if they are in the last two meters does it shoot them away, and if right next to mage barely touched. not jedi at all, just annoying. I would use this storm to get them off my back!

Abd al Rahman
10-18-2010, 04:58 PM
I have beckon on level 5 now - call me Jedibaer ;)

But I still have to practice my cornering abilities. Esp. With mages around that freeze way too early.