PDA

View Full Version : Mage help.

Stevenmc
06-13-2013, 11:20 PM
So I decided to stay pure Mage, but I'm stumped on what build and skills to use, plus combos. This is for endgame, and I've seen mages be underpowered, so I really need help! Thanks!

Wendellism
06-13-2013, 11:58 PM
Okay listen, you can try out this skill build I'm currently testing.

Frostbite - 9
Lightning - 9
Heal - 8
Revive - 1
Firestorm - 9
Ice Storm - 9
Drain Life - 9
Weakness - 1
Nightmare - 9
Mana Shield - 1
Blessing of Vitality - 1
Blessing of Might - 9

This build is an unorthodox build improved and inspired by Deathofan. This build is built mainly for offense, while covering for a slight defense.

Now for some tips.

Never ever initiate MS too early or too late in a match.

Whenever possible, try to kite the enemy by utilizing Frostbite, Drain Life and Firestorm.

Never ever run straight to the enemy; you're not a tank nor DPSer when it comes to PvP.

Stevenmc
06-14-2013, 12:08 AM
Wow that's not a lot of buffs haha, won't I die immediately?

KingFu
06-14-2013, 01:53 AM

Frostbite - 9
Lightning - 9
Heal - 8
Revive - 1
Firestorm - 9
Ice Storm - 9
Drain Life - 9
Weakness - 1
Nightmare - 9
Mana Shield - 1
Blessing of Vitality - 1
Blessing of Might - 9

This build is an unorthodox build improved and inspired by Deathofan. This build is built mainly for offense, while covering for a slight defense.

Now for some tips.

Never ever initiate MS too early or too late in a match.

Whenever possible, try to kite the enemy by utilizing Frostbite, Drain Life and Firestorm.

Never ever run straight to the enemy; you're not a tank nor DPSer when it comes to PvP.

Uhm...so many things wrong with this...

Wendellism
06-14-2013, 02:58 AM
I did state that I was testing, didn't I?

Deathofan
06-14-2013, 04:19 AM

Frostbite - 9
Lightning - 9
Heal - 8
Revive - 1
Firestorm - 9
Ice Storm - 9
Drain Life - 9
Weakness - 1
Nightmare - 9
Mana Shield - 1
Blessing of Vitality - 1
Blessing of Might - 9

This build is an unorthodox build improved and inspired by Deathofan.

Sorry if it sounds rude but that build is way too wrong, there's too many points into icestorm and nightmare. From what I experienced my time as a pure int mage, you can't rely on getting way too close and put an use on that L9 icestorm and still be alive after that. As for nightmare, I would say it works only well on Pallies because you actually have the survivality to get into close range, besides it doesn't debuff that much dodge (think it does -21%?) But it does debuff a huge amount of armor, which gives pallies enought dmg to nuke as an int mage, again since they already have a high dmg output I don't think they need nightmare, weakness does the job more well since it makes bears miss alot (debuffs -60 hit % & 60dmg).
I would recommend this build for a pure fiery mage.

9-frost
9-light
9-heal
1-revive
9-firestorm
1-Icestorm
9-drain
9-weakness
1-magic shield
9-BoV
9-BoM

Gragorak
06-14-2013, 04:20 AM
I did state that I was testing, didn't I?
OP was asking for help, not for the most terrible build you could imagine.

Waug
06-14-2013, 04:27 AM
wende, in endgame going without ms, especially against birds is doing suicide, even pallies fear to do that.

edit : @everyone no need to jump on his build, nothing is written on the stone.

Gaunab
06-14-2013, 06:22 PM
Putting points into heal beyond 7 is a waste:

http://i1284.photobucket.com/albums/a562/Rafael_nmd/skillsetup_mage_zps87ca1923.png (http://s1284.photobucket.com/user/Rafael_nmd/media/skillsetup_mage_zps87ca1923.png.html)

This is a build mainly made for Ctf. No debuffs because you will rarely have a chance to use and hit them through the dodge of bears. Instead you should focus on fast nukes. 9 shield grants 40 armor which gives you a great advantage in shieldfights vs other mages and increases your overall survivability.

Stevenmc
06-14-2013, 06:56 PM
Okay, should I stay pure then? Or go part str?

readtitle
06-14-2013, 10:10 PM
Gau's build is correct.