PDA

View Full Version : New Boss Brawl Arena pink rerolls only Noble?

Haligali
06-14-2013, 06:00 AM
Someone got anything else than noble armors&helmets? Is this a bug?

Cero
06-14-2013, 07:13 AM
as far from what i read, the boss brawl drops are higher than the elite map boss drops.
so they all have the same item drops except the gladiator arena has higher chances.

wvhills
06-14-2013, 07:21 AM
i've gotten 3 pinks and they've all been noble. They've been the trash versions tho. If I had to guess I'd say these trash versions have a high drop rate to keep us coming back and playing (and spending plat revs) but the good versions have a low drop rate to hold their value in auction. I checked auction this morning and there still is only one of the good rogue noble helm and armor in there.

Haligali
06-14-2013, 07:51 AM
Yea, its like a noble raining there. My first round dropped 3 noble, then nothing, then the 3rd or 4th round 2 noble again. Was some good drops, noble plate of will lvl31x1, i sold it fast for 800k, now today that is worth only 450k.. There should be some other drops beside noble, egg or something else. I would be happy if i could see sometimes entombed, kraken skewer, firesquid, bloodhammer armor, etc..

Chili
06-14-2013, 11:19 AM
Same here ^. I had to respec to pve to actually survive in the arena. At this point, I see no point why I should farm there as opposed to any other place.

HumbleSage
06-14-2013, 11:22 AM
I agree Chili. Honestly I think the spider drops should be cut in half or taken out entirely. The bosses seem elite level, but those spiders make even some of the best parties spend too much plat to live. The cost benefit just isn't there. Especially if you're a luck stacker like me. Cost too much plat before you get anything worthwhile.

Darko
06-14-2013, 11:24 AM
Its a new area shiuld be new equipment, this recycled equip through plat elite area, glad arena, and elite nodr is old.... have more options, more items, and have them drop weapons!!! However I do like it actually drops items and not dumb chests

stackz
06-14-2013, 11:28 AM
Lol knew it would be like this. I give it a couple more days and ppl will tire of this arena due to plat burn vs reward cause of death rate

Darko
06-14-2013, 11:28 AM
The problem is its making the market drop so we can't make money, but mythic and arcane are so rare those prices are astronomical. ...I love how sts rewarded mystic/arcane rogues with basically 10 million gold amulet for a time trail and they think 89.99 in real life money = 1.7 million gold....this econony is outta control, plat needs to equal hifher gold

Samhayne
06-14-2013, 11:33 AM
I agree Chili. Honestly I think the spider drops should be cut in half or taken out entirely. The bosses seem elite level, but those spiders make even some of the best parties spend too much plat to live. The cost benefit just isn't there. Especially if you're a luck stacker like me. Cost too much plat before you get anything worthwhile.

If you fight a boss with the Spiders that attack, you might notice something that causes those spiders to show up. Stop doing that thing that makes them show up and they might not be so bad.

Fliptrippin
06-14-2013, 11:33 AM
Wat else hav I 2 say wen they've said it all allright and it sucks. . .

HumbleSage
06-14-2013, 11:48 AM
If you fight a boss with the Spiders that attack, you might notice something that causes those spiders to show up. Stop doing that thing that makes them show up and they might not be so bad.

Thanks for the Tip!! (I really hope that trigger isn't my LG)

Whacywhack
06-14-2013, 12:21 PM
[QUOTE=Samhayne;1137206]If you fight a boss with the Spiders that attack, you might notice something that causes those spiders to show up. Stop doing that thing that makes them show up and they might not be so bad.[/QUOTE

Yep.. Some players don't know this stuff they just go there and spam all around.. Lol..

HumbleSage
06-14-2013, 12:44 PM
[QUOTE=Samhayne;1137206]If you fight a boss with the Spiders that attack, you might notice something that causes those spiders to show up. Stop doing that thing that makes them show up and they might not be so bad.[/QUOTE

Yep.. Some players don't know this stuff they just go there and spam all around.. Lol..

That doesn't mean we don't look for techniques. I wouldn't assume all players just go in spamming.

Osahete
06-16-2013, 06:45 AM
Thanks for the Tip!! (I really hope that trigger isn't my LG)

Hey all!

The tip for the spiders is don't move around, stay in one corner (like at the lamps) and attack from there... Then you will only trigger the spawn of a few spiders at once!

gl and tc,
Osa

HumbleSage
06-16-2013, 09:37 AM
I will have to give that a try but it's hard to stay still, my Sorc is a bit squishy. :)

Rare
06-16-2013, 10:33 AM
I will have to give that a try but it's hard to stay still, my Sorc is a bit squishy. :)

Even for rogue

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

xcainnblecterx
06-16-2013, 11:07 AM
I still have yet to even complete it once. Can't get pass that vortex

drgrimmy
06-16-2013, 12:47 PM
Yep, the drops are just lame, and furthemore ruining the prices of noble armor. Oh well... Now that I got the achievements, unless they change the drops here I am not wasting my time in this huge plat sink of an arena....

xcainnblecterx
06-16-2013, 01:53 PM
Got a noble of grace....l30-.- and im 31. Tried it again after my post uo there

Zanpakuto
06-16-2013, 02:11 PM
Tried the arena and I burned through so many plats even with the best team! More so with random pug and sometimes can't even finish because others don't use plat to revive and it's impossible if you're down even 1-2 members. I stopped playing it as it's actually worse than elite mines in Nordr where it cost 10plat to play. This is free but potentially may need to revive more than that what it's worth just for junk armor! I've concluded that this arena is meant to suck people in initially because of its "free" gimmick. It would cost the average player many plats just to finish it. In no way playing this map on the same level of fun Jarl farm runs. I'd rather do a Malison run than this plat burn junk.

xcainnblecterx
06-16-2013, 03:12 PM
Tried the arena and I burned through so many plats even with the best team! More so with random pug and sometimes can't even finish because others don't use plat to revive and it's impossible if you're down even 1-2 members. I stopped playing it as it's actually worse than elite mines in Nordr where it cost 10plat to play. This is free but potentially may need to revive more than that what it's worth just for junk armor! I've concluded that this arena is meant to suck people in initially because of its "free" gimmick. It would cost the average player many plats just to finish it. In no way playing this map on the same level of fun Jarl farm runs. I'd rather do a Malison run than this plat burn junk.

See, sts is making this game to plat needy. When some well known players quit and some of us even came out and said sts is.getting to money hungry, everyone else said they need to make money and blah blah. Theres 4 legends games, people still buy plat on each(al being the most imo) so theres still plenty of money being made. On devs side, iam glad that they made a free elite dungeon for non plat users
Sure it may be harder but plat is not necessary. When it comes down to it you can use 10 plat to run a elite dungeon quickly or use non to go threw hell, waste more time, and rack up alot of deaths(reviving is free not just plat wise). Sts is still sticking by one policy, use plat to save time, or dont and waste time